“Cheap, nothing special..,” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Benno

Save Saved
You added Hotel Benno to your Saves list
Hotel Benno
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wilhelminaplein 9, 5611 Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Bergen)   |
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Eindhoven
Stockholm, Sweden
“Cheap, nothing special..,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed there for one night during my trip in Holland, mainly for financial reasons. Had a single room and it's the closest thing to a jail cell where I have spent a night. Very small but clean. A bit noisy, a few pubs nearby at the townsquare, not a big problem for me. Toilet and shower are in separate rooms, clean and seems to have been renovated quite recently. Breakfast is served at the slick bar "The Prince" inside the hotel and was basic and good.

The location is really good, nearby the shopping streets and around 15 minutes walk to the train station.

One major problem was the free wifi-connection that only worked properly a few times when I connected my smartphone. Right now I'm stayin at a hostel in Utrecht and the wifi works smoothly from my room. If a basic hostel can have a good wifi, why can't a two star hotel manage that?

My overall feeling is that I paid 50 € and got cheap accomodation for my one day stay in Eindhoven. If I will return to Eindhoven one more time I would pay a few euros more for a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011 via mobile

The employees were very kind, the rooms need a renovation badly, also the cleaning should be done with more interest...the restaurant was very nice, a nice breakfast...so overall I would go there again...also regarding the parking, there a place at 3 min walk which costs 3,70 a day but during the night is free, I can't recall the exact hours interval

• Stayed July 2011
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

stayed for the second time since two years ago. The hotel shows some positive changes. We got a room this time on the ground floor with an access to the inner court, that was nice. Room was equipped with bathroom, toilet incl. Breakfast started at 8am which was fine with us. Wifi free of charge but signal was really weak on the ground floor, often broke up. Definitely not a hotel for business travellers, but a good choice for bagpackers or low budget travellers.

• Stayed June 2011
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I stayed here 1 night on a short visit to Eindhoven flying Ryanair from Dublin. The hotel was very good value and was in a nice central location. I walked to the hotel from the bus & train station in about 10 minutes (there is a good fast bus from the airport to the station for just 3 euros). The room I had was fine, with a good soft bed, and had a nice view over the street. One cosy feature of the room was the potted plant on the table. This really made me feel at home. There was a TV mounted on the wall with lots of channels - including some english language ones. There was a shower in the room, and a WC just outside of it over the corridor. The breakfast was very nice and included fresh rolls, and hot strong coffee. There was a very useful library of books and magazines about Eindhoven on the ground floor. The carpet in the halls and stairs had all just been done new so everything was very clean. The breakfast / dining room was also beautiful and all new. From the hotel it is a very short walk to the funky Klien Berg area (cool shops etc). You can also walk to the main night-life areas of Eindhoven (Stratumseind) very easily from the hotel. I stayed there on a Tuesday night, and there was no noise or anything from the square. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a base to visit Eindhoven and the areas around it (from the bus / train station you can get buses / trains to all over Holland and even further afield).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Stayed 1 night with friends at this hotel, which was discribed as 'basic', but we found it very good value and really clean, rooms were spotless, but no toilet, which was outside the room, but it had a shower room, and breakfast was in the resturant below which was really nice, city centre is two minutes away.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Eindhoven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This Hotel has almost everthing, Good food, close to the center of Eindhoven. The service is great.
I would recommend everybody to visit Hotelbenno and have a dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

From the start I encountered problems with this hotel for my mid-January stay. The positive parts were the fact that tiny bedroom was clean, the staff was friendly, and the location convenient. However, it was such a struggle to get into the hotel that none of these things mattered. The staff's friendliness did not compensate for the lack of professionalism and inaccurate advertising. I booked the hotel because I needed a quick and easy place to stay ahead of a conference where I could use wireless internet and get breakfast. The wireless signal was too weak to work in my room on the 3rd floor and the breakfast food was spoiled. Due to the remodeling the breakfast arrived in a bag outside the room the night before and included non-refrigerated sandwiches with meat, milk, a mars bar, an apple. I was skeptical that it didn't appear to be refrigerated but tried the milk and it was completely soured. The biggest problem was that it took me over 2 hours to get into the hotel. I confirmed on the phone with the management that I would be arriving at 9pm and they said no problem, but when I arrived no one was there and I couldn't get in. The directions for calling are very obscure, one of the numbers does not work, and I did not even have a dutch mobile phone so had to go around looking for a payphone with all of my luggage and figure that out. After waiting outside for close to an hour another guest went in and said he had had the same problem the night before, and told me a different number to call. The management finally arrived but could not accept the standard dutch PIN/Maestro card for payment as was advertised on booking.com where I booked the night. They wanted me to walk 10 minutes over to an ATM to come back with cash and it was already 11pm at that point. All this said, once I got into the room it was small, simple, and clean. The communal shower was quite moldy but the toilet was fine. Given the problems, quality of the room, and lack of internet/breakfast, I thought it was overpriced at the 58 euro I paid for one night. The staff was friendly but did not acknowledge any of these problems even with pointed complaints from me -- they just brushed it off and kept talking about how excited they were for the renovations.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Benno? Share your experiences!