“Fantastic Rijstaffel and a warm welcome on a rainy Tuesday night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali

Bali
Keizersgracht 13, 5611 GC Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)
+31 40-2445649
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 250 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Rijstaffel and a warm welcome on a rainy Tuesday night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

It's after 9pm, it's Tuesday, you're in a strange city and you can't get a signal to search tripadvisor on your smartphone. It's one of those "pot luck" situations, and you just have to take the plunge and try somewhere sight-unseen. This was our experience in Eindhoven recently, and add torrential rain into the mix just for fun. We stumbled across Bali. The lights were on, and despite it being almost empty (it was Tuesday), we were warmly welcomed and very professionally served. Well, we needn't have worried. Bali served up one of the best Rijstaffels we have ever eaten (and we've had a few), and at 20 Euros per person, great value for money. The portions were generous, and the dishes well balanced and perfectly prepared. I make it my habit to leave the Gado Gado until last because it's my favourite dish. Big mistake. As much as it hurt, I had to watch the waiter take the untouched plate away, since I was by this time so full and so satisfied that to eat more would have spoiled the meal. A crime and I'm certain I'm going to hell for it. Still, it doesn't take anything way from a virtuoso performance from all at Bali, and I can only thank them for turning what might have been a horrible night into one of the highlights of our trip. Please pay them a visit without a second thought.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“In my experience, the best Indonesian in Eindhoven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

By now I have went through three takeaway dinners and a regular dinner at the restaurants. I consider Indonesian to be one of my favorite cuisines, and Bali caters very well! Their rijstafels are abundant and very well prepared!
tip:
If you're ordering take away, one rijstafel will definitely suffice for two people. Likewise, the rijstafel for two is almost enough for four people!

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Valkenswaard, The Netherlands
“You get for what you pay and more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Yesterday i went for the first time to this place. I was a little in doubt as the place looked empty! But well probably it was too early because after 30 mins the place was packed and was only Tuesday.
We chose the Super Rijstafel for 2 persons. OMG they brought about 22 little dishes!! Soup, vetegables, all kinds of meat, etc etc. Was a lot of food, too much that we were not able to finish it! The taste was very good, veri asian of course :)
Perhaps not the kind of food you eat every week but i definitelly would like to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere