“Great food, friendly service, yummy wine...a perfect Friday night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Antonio's

Antonio's
Dommelstraat 16, 5611 CK Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)
040-2446547
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 268 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
San Diego, California
“Great food, friendly service, yummy wine...a perfect Friday night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We fell into this place Friday night after being turned away at several restaurants because we lacked a reservation. Antonio's was slammed and everyone was running, yet they still made us feel welcomed and suggested we sit at the bar. The house red was warm, dry and delicious and the food was very good. We went with the suggestions of our server (who may have also been an owner or manager?) and we couldn't have been happier. The seafood was deliciously prepared and artfully presented and sitting at the bar was the ideal way to meet some locals (including a well known soccer player!)
The variety of clientele makes me think that everyone from families to seniors would enjoy this spot and I will most definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent Classic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I ate at this restaurant on my own whilst visiting on business and was offered to dine at the bar. I actually loved that, particularly as they had a small mirror fixed behind the bar which allowed me to people watch without much fuss.

I asked for a glass of red, Chianti, which was fabulous. The menu was very varied and competent and both my starter and main course was generous and satisfying, with excellent flavours and good quality ingredients, all well cooked. My main course included tagliatelle with truffle + butter and it was superb.

The restaurant was very busy, with a very charismatic manager behind the bar, helping to ensure those who needed to wait started to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

I have to say I cannot wait to return. Now I know how well they cook the food, I am excited to try some of their other dishes and certainly to stay long enough next time to enjoy a 2nd Limoncello!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chennai (Madras), India
“Horrible Food, Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went on a weekend after making a reservation, but were made to wait 30mins after arriving on time. Then there was no service, not even drink order for the next 30 mins. Another delay for the food order. By now an hour was spent and we just had drinks and bread. Finally someone came to take the order and it took another 45 minutes for the food to arrive. The food was well below par in every aspect: quality, quantity, freshness, presentation, service, taste and temperature. The service is pathetic to be very polite. Needless to say, I would not go back again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Mouth watering food, so fresh and delicious. We didn't have a reservation but they made a spot for us at the bar and it was quite entertaining to watch the bartender joking with everyone --- in three different languages. Can't wait to go back, but will be sure to make a reservation next time.

Visited September 2012
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Nice food, shame about the bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Antonio's provides good Italian food in a busy atmosphere. (Service can be slow when they are busy). Bread is disappointing though - always seems stale but I think it is just dry. Pasta and Saltimbocca are good. Portions are generous (you won't need many courses).

• Visited October 2012