“Eindhoven, the place to be” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 268 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Cuisines: Dutch
“Eindhoven, the place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

visiting Eindhoven? You have to visit de Gaper. The bar is fantastic, great staff always good atmosphere.. one level up a great restaurant. Excellent...

“Great place to drink.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

While walking around Eindhoven came across this place on Wilhelminaplein square. What a local full of character and very busy it was only late afternoon.Sat down and ordered a couple of Dutch beers place very friendly staff spot on a place you could relax in all night a must go.
Opening hours are.
Sunday-Thursday-16.00-01.00
Friday-Saturday-16.00-02.00

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“super friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

We had been recommended that we visit this little square in Eindhoven by the barman in THE O'SHEA'S IRISH PUB,the night before, so we walked out of MARKT,which was very near our hotel,cut down WILLAMSTRAAT and onto WILHEMMINA PLEIN (you can get busses 14 or 16 if you want,get's you very close ),were we found this wonderful pub.
We walked in and were warmly greeted by the barmaid ,we ordered drink's,which promptly arrived, served with a big bowl of nut's.
Beer was fantastic,really do enjoy HERTOG JAN,and the nut's were most appreciated, as we were both peckish.
Staff were really superb,giving us recommendations and directions to other pub's and bar's of interest, a really nice touch.
It's a beautiful pub,we love art deco design, and the outside seating area would be very inviting on a warm summer day.
This is a nice area for pub's and restaurant's and most certainly worth a visit,we will definitely returning to this area and this pub in particular on our next visit to Eindhoven.
Opening hour's are;
Sunday to Thursday,4pm till 1am .
Friday & Saturday,4pm till 2am.

Visited February 2015
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Tried to use bathroom but got sent away (after spending afternoon there)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I tried to use the bathroom here on Kings day. This is a National holiday and it is always very busy at the Wilhelminaplein during this day. Part of the Kings day tradition is the free market which means you can sell stuff or raise money without the permit you normally need to sell stuff or raise money on the streets.
At the bathrooms there was a guy with a sign saying that he was collecting money for orphan kids. My boyfriend had my wallet so I could not give him any money and I explained that to him. It looked like he was just sitting there to raise money, but then he said I had to pay him money otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to use the bathroom. this lead to an unpleasant discussion resulting in me getting sent away: "If you want to use a bathroom for free go to another bar". We were there the whole afternoon having spent a lot of money on drinks and I was not allowed to use the bathroom!
I am sure it was a misunderstanding, and I do not know if the guy is part of the usual staff but I am not planning on ever going back there either for food or drinks. The guy made me feel like I committed a crime and I left feeling upset and angry.

• Visited April 2014