“Tried to use bathroom but got sent away (after spending afternoon there)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Proeflokaal De Gaper

Proeflokaal De Gaper
Wilhelminaplein 5,, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 230 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Cuisines: Dutch
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Tried to use bathroom but got sent away (after spending afternoon there)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I tried to use the bathroom here on Kings day. This is a National holiday and it is always very busy at the Wilhelminaplein during this day. Part of the Kings day tradition is the free market which means you can sell stuff or raise money without the permit you normally need to sell stuff or raise money on the streets.
At the bathrooms there was a guy with a sign saying that he was collecting money for orphan kids. My boyfriend had my wallet so I could not give him any money and I explained that to him. It looked like he was just sitting there to raise money, but then he said I had to pay him money otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to use the bathroom. this lead to an unpleasant discussion resulting in me getting sent away: "If you want to use a bathroom for free go to another bar". We were there the whole afternoon having spent a lot of money on drinks and I was not allowed to use the bathroom!
I am sure it was a misunderstanding, and I do not know if the guy is part of the usual staff but I am not planning on ever going back there either for food or drinks. The guy made me feel like I committed a crime and I left feeling upset and angry.

• Visited April 2014