“City Centre Comfort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Eindhoven
Sitges, Catalonia, Spain
“City Centre Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very close to everything you may need in Eindhoven. Yes it is a "business hotel" but very comfortable in all aspects. Its small team of staff are very friendly, knowledgable and accomodating.
The Double Bedroon was very comfortable, flat screen Tv, excellent heating, nicely styled and decorated. The Bathroom whist being what some would call small has everything you could need and the shower itself is larger than most hotels would provide. Great hot water.
Very comfortable bed and excellent pillows, a good nights sleep is definitely on the cards.

The public areas of the hotel are very modern, stylish and exceptionaly clean.

It came as a surprise that breakfast was included in the price of the room, exceedingly good value indeed.

We would most definitely stay here again if we return to Eindhoven.

Room Tip: ist floor comfort room was the room we stayed in - PERFECT.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
eind5611, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Lady Diam,

Thank you for staying with us and I realy appreciate your review. Me and my team are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely Marc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a convention for 4 days. Let me start with the good points:
- Friendly staff
- good breakfast with very good jam, as stated in a previous review (the 1 service lady is always quick and has the place better under control than whole teams in other hotels. Also, she seems born happy and friendly :D. Big compliments to her). Just one improvement suggestion: Put on little signs to tell me which jam is which, which yoghurt is which and so on.
- relatively central location
- good price compared to other EHV hotels
- one of the best pillows I ever had in hotel

Now the not so good points:
- my room was not properly clean on day 1 (hairs in the sink, dirty carpet). The following days it was properly cleaned.
- when I arrived it was very cold. They did not have the heating turned on in the room. The hearing did its job properly, once turned on.
- my room felt like a youth hostel. Very basic, small, cheap .. there are hotels with much better rooms for that price, but they are not that central
- relatively slow internet (perhaps I was almost at the end of the hallway?)
- I stayed in the front and there it is rather noisy (even with closed windows) and over the week I woke up several times each night due to cars, scooters or people
- my bed needed a matrass replacement

Room Tip: I would suggest to either go in the back or very high up
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
eind5611, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear guest Thank you for your review. We hope that you enjoyed GLOW the International Light Festival.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

the hotel is located in the city centre, but still not in the loudest part of it. We have stayed in short term apartment at the back of the hotel. The room was equipped quite well, there was a small kitchenette was more for breakfast and lunch and dinner cooking. However we were vey pleased with a room. It would be better if there was enough attention to service. Everybody was very polite and friendly, but it is not what makes service outstanding. It is placing yourself in a customer shoes and trying to make him as comfortable as possible. On the first evening it was noticed by hotel staff that the bulb was not working in the hallway, but through our 10 days stay, the bulb was not replaced. Than we have received letter with inventory list that we should have checked on our arrival. So I did, and first position 'armchairs' was already incorrect...Did one of armchairs disappear?? Did somebody steal it? Or maybe it is wrong list in a first place? I went to reception to solve the issue of and the lady behind reception question my ability to count or my sight as I apparently must have been missed out o 3rd armchair next to coffee table that I also could not see. Thankfully manger knew how to behave and he apologised for situation and promised that new inventory would be delivered. But it wasn't... My tip to hotel management: Please give up on inventory, if there is a glass broken it cost you less that 2 euro to replace it to ask your guest to check your inventory as we could have been potential thieves is not the most friendly welcome form the staff. If you decide to keep the list, please make sure you hand the right one. People at reception should know every room in such medium size hotel, where the widows, what is equipped in, and type of bed. I believe that's basic information that should be in a system to help them to their work. I would be looking forward to come back to see if my tips were taken into account.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MvdB5600, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2013

With your experiences we have been able to improve our processes. We have revised the inventory lists and changed all the policies to make sure that the check in is done properly.

Also we changed our maintennace procedures.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon so that we can show you our improvements.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice overall for what I paid an good value overall Breakfast was extra but at €15 included cooker option and continental Buffett and eat as much ad you want and good quality and range of food and drinks Staff were very helpful and all spoke excellent English Unusual for this type of continental hotel room had tea and coffee making facilities a real plus however items were not replaced during my visit The toilet also operated on a self flush mechanism which was a little puzzling Location is in easy reach of city centre a short walk through pedestrian area however this is through a noisy club and pub street although it us possible to walk around this street once you know the area Overall I was very pleased with the hotel

• Stayed September 2013
MvdB5600, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel position is absolutely a plus, at walkable distance from the center and very close to bus stop that link you to several sites in town.
The hotel is quite nice for the common spaces: reception area, breakfast room,... rooms are not as good as the common area. Carpet in the room does not look so clean.
The bed is quite confortable and the room can be turned to dark very well and you can sleep without any problem of lighting.
Breackfast is quite reach, jams are fantastic. You have a wide range of solutions both if you want a sweet or a salty breakfast.
Staff is very kind and available to solve you any problem.
We arrived quite early in the morning and even though the room was not yet available they allowed us to leave our laggage in a secured area and to exploit the common area in the hotel.
We stayed here for the European Master Swimming Championship taking place at the Pieter van den Hoogenband stadium and the choice has been after all a good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ginger T

Thank your for your review. I am please to inform you that this week we are starting to renew the carpets in the rooms and the hallways. We are looking forward tom welcome you back soon.
Renens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Sandton is located close to the nightlife center (Stratumseind) and shopping center of Eindhoven. It is a good no frills hotel.. This was our second stay in the hotel. The price of the breakfast is similar to other hotels, but you may prefer to have breakfast in one of the many restaurants nearby. The hotel has its own parking garage

Room Tip: In the late evening you may expect noise coming from Stratumseind, ask for a quiet room at the backs...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MvdB5600, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon. regarding our breakfast we offer two options. Our breakfast buffet for €15,00 or our express breakfast for €7,50 during weekdays.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here from 10th July 2013 for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised. From the warm, friendly welcome to the well-furnished room, I really can't say anything negative about this place. It's perfectly located being just a 5-minute walk to the action (City Centre) yet enough distance to muffle the evening drone of the happy locals as they enjoy the typical Southern Dutch way of socialising in the cafe's and bars rather than home.

If I was forced to pick a criticism I would say the pillows were a little too large and hard for my liking but that's a personal preference.

The price reflects exceptional value and breakfast was vast and varied. All-in-all, a real pleasure and I would proceed with confidence and enjoy Eindhoven from this perfect City-Centre retreat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MvdB5600, General Manager at Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Gizago

Thank you for your review. Did you know that during the fall the city of Eindhoven is hosting two major events . The Dutch Design Week and the intenational light festival GLOW. We are looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Sincerely

Marc van den Broek

Been to Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre? Share your experiences!