“Best bed I ever slept in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne

You added Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne to your Saves list
Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vestdijk 47, 5611 CA Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Formerly Sofitel Cocagne Eindhoven) (Binnenstad)   |
Special Offer
EARLY BOOKING - UP TO 30%
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Eindhoven
Porto, Portugal
“Best bed I ever slept in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After a Ryanair flight from Porto to Eindhoven on New Year's Eve, we stayed at this hotel for that night on our way to Amsterdam. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Eindhoven central train station, which made it very convenient.
We had to wait a few minutes to do the check-in but we were then very well received by a young lady receptionist, Simone. She was very attentive and friendly and told us everything that was happening that night in the city of Eindhoven. Top class receptionist! Next day we also got in contact with the manager, Roger, and were pleased as well. Great staff!

The hotel is a little bit mazy (never been at a hotel before where you had to walk for about a minute from the check-in desk to the elevators), and very business-oriented, but we found it very good nonetheless. It has good facilities and design, free tea and coffee for everyone, as well as other nice perks. The pool is classy, but it could have a little more diversified offering on the spa front. We can't comment on the breakfast as it was really expensive, as commented here before.

The room we stayed in was big enough and the bed was a wonder. Best bed I slept in, no doubt. Big and very, very comfortable. The TV had some interesting hotel-related features. As for the air conditioner, we had no problem with it whatsoever.

Why not a 5-star rating? (1) There was some smell of cigarette smoke near the lobby, as there is a smoking room there. (2) Indoor heated pool was cooler than expected. (3) We had to pay a city tax of 7€ for one night that we had no idea about at the check-out time. Not the hotel's fault, but it should be included in the price beforehand.

We arrived at around 17h at Eindhoven and left in the morning, so we barely got to see the city in daylight. At night it started to rain a lot so we didn't get out as much as we would have liked. The city doesn't look like something special, but we can't really comment too much on that. It is basically a Philips city. Everywhere you look, there are Philips signs, the statues you see are from members of the Philips company, the trademark buildings are Philips and even the football club and its stadium are Philips.

Room Tip: At arrival, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade from the old part of the hotel to the new one for...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I see recent reviews complaining over the air conditioning. The A/C did not at all respond to the settings, and it was also impossible to turn off the fan which offered a breeze of air too cold for us.

We asked for one more featherbed ... right away. Right away means you have to complain a second time and then wait another four hours, six in total.
We got a heater put in there though. There was supposed to be a maintainance guy having a look at the A/C, but thanks to Tripadviso, I can tell that the issue was already well-known, and surely those “we'll fix it” assurances were just white lies.

And then the breakfast. Full in one room, but we were assured that the menu in the other was identical. I could check that this was not true. Again, why tell us lies?

And while at the breakfast: Isn't it very rude to ask a disabled person to remove her crutches?
Had no idea I would witness that attitude towards disabled persons in a presumed professional hotel in the Netherlands ...

... which also goes for the internet service. My usual internet newspapers blacklisteted as “sex education”. Sure you could find something like that in the a health section, but this is the most aggressive filtering I have ever seen – and in the once-considered-freeminded Netherlands. WTF?
(Besides, the internet service forces me to accept that they store my traffic for a year, at the same time as it promises to delete every piece of history at logout. Yeah, some of us actually read that stuff with fine print ... especially when we start to get annoyed.)

And I don't really mind the shower being visible (and audible!) from the bedroom, but ... the toilet?

I'll be returning to Eindhoven in a few months, and I have booked somewhere else. This hotel won't get a second chance.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Pullman Cocagne a few times, back to when it was the Dorint Cocagne. It's a nice modern hotel, it's just a bit quirky in how it's laid out. Take the wrong elevator or stairs, you'll never reach your room. Never deviate from your explain path to your room. I had a Superior Room, upgrade cost at check-in was reasonable, and it was worth it. Very modern room, reminded me of the high tech rooms of Cosmo Las Vegas. Bathroom was ALL GLASS, so not a "two straight guys" type of room, but otherwise a super modern room.
Breakfast is EXPENSIVE and not really special, typical of nicer euro hotels. Parking can be a pain, again, typical of euro hotel.
Location is great, right in city centre, so you have plenty of food, bars, and casino right across street.

Room Tip: Upgrade if offered at check in, was a reasonable price and worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bingley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel because I used to stay there years ago and wanted to see if it had changed. I arrived late as I had to travel down from Amsterdam on the train. Went straight to the bar and managed to get a decent sandwich at 11pm which was a relief. The hotel is still great and the staff were helpful. The only downside was that I could not turn down the temperature in the room (as someone else has said.) I tried to sleep but by about 3am I resorted to opening the window which at least allowed me to get a couple of hours sleep before the morning noises. I didn't bother calling the front desk as I reasoned that even if they could have done something it would take some time and I was too tired. I would stay again but the problem with the air conditioning is somewhat off putting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne? Share your experiences!