I see recent reviews complaining over the air conditioning. The A/C did not at all respond to the settings, and it was also impossible to turn off the fan which offered a breeze of air too cold for us.
We asked for one more featherbed ... right away. Right away means you have to complain a second time and then wait another four hours, six in total.
We got a heater put in there though. There was supposed to be a maintainance guy having a look at the A/C, but thanks to Tripadviso, I can tell that the issue was already well-known, and surely those “we'll fix it” assurances were just white lies.
And then the breakfast. Full in one room, but we were assured that the menu in the other was identical. I could check that this was not true. Again, why tell us lies?
And while at the breakfast: Isn't it very rude to ask a disabled person to remove her crutches?
Had no idea I would witness that attitude towards disabled persons in a presumed professional hotel in the Netherlands ...
... which also goes for the internet service. My usual internet newspapers blacklisteted as “sex education”. Sure you could find something like that in the a health section, but this is the most aggressive filtering I have ever seen – and in the once-considered-freeminded Netherlands. WTF?
(Besides, the internet service forces me to accept that they store my traffic for a year, at the same time as it promises to delete every piece of history at logout. Yeah, some of us actually read that stuff with fine print ... especially when we start to get annoyed.)
And I don't really mind the shower being visible (and audible!) from the bedroom, but ... the toilet?
I'll be returning to Eindhoven in a few months, and I have booked somewhere else. This hotel won't get a second chance.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne Hotel
- Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne Hotel Eindhoven
- Accor Cocagne Eindhoven
- Sofitel Eindhoven
- Eindhoven Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This business hotel offers 277 rooms and 43 apartments. Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne is situated in the city centre of Eindhoven, close to the main railway station and Eindhoven International Airport. Featuring Brasserie Bruegel, Bar Babylon, a fitness centre, indoor swimming pool and a beauty salon. Our hotel also offers 23 multifunctional meeting rooms for all your meetings and conferences. Wireless internet (WiFi) is available in the entire hotel. Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne is entirely non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Pullman Eindhoven Cocagne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.