“Decent business hotel in good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven

You added Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven to your Saves list
Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vestdijk 14-16, 5611 Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Formerly Eden Crown Hotel Eindhoven)   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Eindhoven
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Decent business hotel in good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very centrally located, close to the trainstation, shops, restaurants and so on. Rooms are of decent space. The (bath-)rooms are a bit tired.

Breakfast is OK, dinner looks nice (although I did not eat there).

Room Tip: The higher, the better, I would assume .. since you get away from the street and even might catch a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LiekevdE, Front Office Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Heiko197,

Thank you for your positive feedback!

This year we renovated 70 of our hotelrooms, so I would like to advise you to book one of our renovated superior or executive rooms for your next visit.

Your comment about the bathroom I can understand and I am happy to inform you that we will also renovate a part of our (bath)rooms next year!

Mr. Heiko197, thank you again for your feedback, and hopefully we will be able to welcome you on a future occasion in on of our recently renovated rooms!

With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place is in an ideal location if you are using some sort of public transportation (as I was).

The town square is right behind the hotel. Plus a ton of other restaurants across the street. The main bar district is not that bad of a walk either. As a whole, great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Redwing471,

Thank you for this very positive 4-star rating! We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards from Eindhoven,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The crown hotel is very close to the main square in Eindhoven town centre. The hotel is not very well sign posted however so you can miss it when driving by if you are not careful. There is also no obvious parking when your first arrive although later we did discover that there is a fenced gravel parking place diagonally opposite
It's a fairly simple hotel. There is a small area on the ground floor with the reception desk and then the breakfast area. The breakfast area turns into the restaurant and a mini bar in the evening - the hotel is directly opposite a cinema and many people seemed to congregate at the crown before going to see a film. This gives the place a nice buzz early evening.

The guest rooms are ok. The windows do not open which is a shame as I prefer to have fresh air rather than aircon but I imagine if I did have the windows open that it would be too loud anyway. I could not quite work out the heater/aircon and my room seemed to be quite stuffy the whole time. I did however sleep well.

There are not a huge amount of electric sockets in the room - and none were located near a mirror so I had to use the in room hairdryer which is never great.

Bathroom was fine.

Breakfast was good with a constant supply of freshly cooked food. I also ate at the restaurant which was great - good choice of food and the meal I had was very well prepared.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Morts109,

Thank you for posting your review.

I would like to inform you that our parking is brand new, and the signage is being printed at this very moment.

Regarding your remark about the windows.: This is an issue that we are aware, but due to the contraction of the building it is not something we can change on short term, but it is definitely on our list for future improvements.

Kind regards from Eindhoven!
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed in the Hampshire Crown as part of the Irish Masters Swimming Team last week. Location was perfect, centrally situated between shopping and restaurants and just a few minutes from the bus station. An initial problem with our room was sorted by the best staff I have ever encountered in a Hotel. The young girl on reception was without compare. This staff was on duty all week and were constantly attentive, helpful and friendly. Breakfast was delicious and fresh. Kitchen even opened early on our last morning to make sure we were fed before leaving. My two room mates and myself will be forever grateful to the young men on receptionist who solved the bed problem and provided us with plug adaptors....and giggles for the week. Hampshire Crown - lovely Hotel, great location, amazing staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear AmeliaReilly,

Thank you ever so much for this lovely comment! We are really pleased to read that you liked your stay at our hotel and that our staff made such a difference. Rest assure that your compliment will be shared with everybody :)

Kind regards from Eindhoven,
Herefordshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I can't rate this place very highly which is a shame as most of the staff did their best to be helpful. Arriving after dark, my first problem was finding the light switch which stupidly was concealed behind the door. Although it was gorgeous late summer weather, my room was absolutely freezing with a temperature of 13 degrees C. My first request for an extra blanket fell on deaf ears; my second eventually resulted in a very talkative chap bringing me a duvet and an electric heater. The plus sides were a Nespresso machine. The down sides were a cramped environment, very old fashioned and rather sad looking bathroom fittings (no magnifying mirror, either), rather alarming decor with unpleasantly swirly-patterned carpet tiles, and a very odd room layout with the bed jammed up at one end behind a jutting wall which I think was next door's bathroom. There was totally inadequate bedding, a soft and sagging mattress, and some charming biting bed bugs. I loathe (and try to avoid) rooms where you can't open a window, and this one had two sides of floor-to-ceiling solid glass, permanently closed. The final annoyance was, having put back my morning wake-up call by half an hour after all the shenanigans of waiting for extra bedding which kept me up far later than intended, this request was ignored. This hotel was nothing special and there are certainly far better ones in the area with nicer rooms for the same price or less.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 714 because of its poor layout, and don't be taken in by the receptionist telling you...
Dear Rockstro,

First of all, thank you for submitting your review to give us your feedback about your stay in our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us.

I am very sorry to notice that your stay in our hotel was not to your liking due to various different issues, such as the room temperature, the quality of the mattress and the of course the service related issue regarding your wake-up call.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and for the lack of service at the reception desk. The Front Office Manager will discuss your comments with both the receptionists and our housekeeping department.

Please rest assure that we will do our utmost to prevent such service issues from happening again. Providing the best guest experience possible has to be the top priority of our entire team.

Unfortunately, I cannot change your recent experience in our hotel anymore but I hope my response shows you that I take your remarks very seriously.

Is there anything else we can do that will allow us to be of service to you again on some future occasion? If so, please contact us directly via info.crown@hampshire-hotels.com.

Mr / Mrs Rockstro, thank you again for your feedback / constructive comments. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again on some future occasion.

Should you have any further questions and / or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards from Eiindhoven,
Middlesex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks while on business in Eindhoven, there is lots of choice for hotels I stayed here because it was a fair compromise of price/facilities and location.
I wanted a location where I could go out in the evening and look around by foot. I also needed a reasonable commute time to the airport.
Staff excellent, polite professional, restaurant also excellent food fabulous, no complaints.
From here you can walk around the town centre theres lots of bars etc in the area.
Firmly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LiekevdE, Front Office Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear MiddlesexSteve2008,

Thank you so much for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences in the hotel with us.

I hope I may welcome you again with some other occasion.

Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Reason: Business trip to Eindhoven. Stay there for 2 nights in standard DBL room for single use.
Location: Good location, close to the train station, shopping and restaurants streets. The food shop is nearly. Didn't enjoy people what was walking around. Probably they are fine, but I didn't felt safety close to the hotel.
Room: Standart room, one bed. The view was to the main street, but it wasn't noisy.Didn't like that it was not possible open the window.The bathroom was very simple, not like it should be at 4 star hotel, there wasn't any extras in the bathroom. It wasn't toilet lid so it was not very nice after bathing or showering.
Hotel: Breakfast was good, it included cold like cheese and ham and hot food like omelet, coffee machine, tea, yogurt. Helpful stuff.
Conclusion: I was really disappointed with possibility not to open any window, so for me it was horrible. Didn't enjoy stay. Next time definitely I'll choose other hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Ingulinka,

Thank you for submitting your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay in our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. They allow us to take action were necessary.

I am very sorry to notice that your stay in our hotel was not to your liking due to the fact that the windows could not be opened. This has to do with the construction of the building, and unfortunately is not something we can change on short term. However, I have noted this remark in our database for future improvements.

Mr / Mrs Ingulinka, I am sorry that I cannot change your recent experience in our hotel anymore but please know that your feedback is much appreciated and taken very seriously.

With kind regards,

Been to Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven? Share your experiences!