“It's just rather ordinary …” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven

Save Saved
You added Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven to your Saves list
Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vestdijk 14-16, 5611 Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Formerly Eden Crown Hotel Eindhoven)   |
Ranked #11 of 24 hotels in Eindhoven
Herefordshire, UK
“It's just rather ordinary …”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I can't rate this place very highly which is a shame as most of the staff did their best to be helpful. Arriving after dark, my first problem was finding the light switch which stupidly was concealed behind the door. Although it was gorgeous late summer weather, my room was absolutely freezing with a temperature of 13 degrees C. My first request for an extra blanket fell on deaf ears; my second eventually resulted in a very talkative chap bringing me a duvet and an electric heater. The plus sides were a Nespresso machine. The down sides were a cramped environment, very old fashioned and rather sad looking bathroom fittings (no magnifying mirror, either), rather alarming decor with unpleasantly swirly-patterned carpet tiles, and a very odd room layout with the bed jammed up at one end behind a jutting wall which I think was next door's bathroom. There was totally inadequate bedding, a soft and sagging mattress, and some charming biting bed bugs. I loathe (and try to avoid) rooms where you can't open a window, and this one had two sides of floor-to-ceiling solid glass, permanently closed. The final annoyance was, having put back my morning wake-up call by half an hour after all the shenanigans of waiting for extra bedding which kept me up far later than intended, this request was ignored. This hotel was nothing special and there are certainly far better ones in the area with nicer rooms for the same price or less.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 714 because of its poor layout, and don't be taken in by the receptionist telling you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Rockstro,

First of all, thank you for submitting your review to give us your feedback about your stay in our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us.

I am very sorry to notice that your stay in our hotel was not to your liking due to various different issues, such as the room temperature, the quality of the mattress and the of course the service related issue regarding your wake-up call.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and for the lack of service at the reception desk. The Front Office Manager will discuss your comments with both the receptionists and our housekeeping department.

Please rest assure that we will do our utmost to prevent such service issues from happening again. Providing the best guest experience possible has to be the top priority of our entire team.

Unfortunately, I cannot change your recent experience in our hotel anymore but I hope my response shows you that I take your remarks very seriously.

Is there anything else we can do that will allow us to be of service to you again on some future occasion? If so, please contact us directly via info.crown@hampshire-hotels.com.

Mr / Mrs Rockstro, thank you again for your feedback / constructive comments. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you again on some future occasion.

Should you have any further questions and / or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards from Eiindhoven,

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Middlesex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks while on business in Eindhoven, there is lots of choice for hotels I stayed here because it was a fair compromise of price/facilities and location.
I wanted a location where I could go out in the evening and look around by foot. I also needed a reasonable commute time to the airport.
Staff excellent, polite professional, restaurant also excellent food fabulous, no complaints.
From here you can walk around the town centre theres lots of bars etc in the area.
Firmly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LiekevdE, Front Office Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear MiddlesexSteve2008,

Thank you so much for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences in the hotel with us.

I hope I may welcome you again with some other occasion.

With kind regards,
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Reason: Business trip to Eindhoven. Stay there for 2 nights in standard DBL room for single use.
Location: Good location, close to the train station, shopping and restaurants streets. The food shop is nearly. Didn't enjoy people what was walking around. Probably they are fine, but I didn't felt safety close to the hotel.
Room: Standart room, one bed. The view was to the main street, but it wasn't noisy.Didn't like that it was not possible open the window.The bathroom was very simple, not like it should be at 4 star hotel, there wasn't any extras in the bathroom. It wasn't toilet lid so it was not very nice after bathing or showering.
Hotel: Breakfast was good, it included cold like cheese and ham and hot food like omelet, coffee machine, tea, yogurt. Helpful stuff.
Conclusion: I was really disappointed with possibility not to open any window, so for me it was horrible. Didn't enjoy stay. Next time definitely I'll choose other hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Ingulinka,

Thank you for submitting your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay in our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. They allow us to take action were necessary.

I am very sorry to notice that your stay in our hotel was not to your liking due to the fact that the windows could not be opened. This has to do with the construction of the building, and unfortunately is not something we can change on short term. However, I have noted this remark in our database for future improvements.

Mr / Mrs Ingulinka, I am sorry that I cannot change your recent experience in our hotel anymore but please know that your feedback is much appreciated and taken very seriously.

With kind regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here in February for one night.

Booked this hotel so we wouldn't have to travel all the way back to Amsterdam by train late at night, after a birthdayparty in Eindhoven. Good a very good rate at a Dutch auction site.

Hotel was easy to find, just 5 minutes from Eindhoven central station. Reception area is tiny, but check-in went efficiently. We were given a room on the top floor.

The room was quite small, but looked bright because of the big floor-to-ceiling windows. There were signs all over the hotel that they were remodelling the rooms, and looking at the room, it was due time for our room to get a make-over. Though everything was well-maintained and clean, it looked pretty old. The bed was clean and comfortable however.

Same goes for the bathroom, which was old but clean. There were only a few toiletries provided, and the soap/shampoo was provided in a dispenser, which I don't really think is good practice for a hotel claiming 4-star standards. No problem in an Ibis, but I didn't expect this here.

Breakfast was served downstairs next to the tiny lobby, and was somewhat small but nice, it had plenty of choice for a good start to the day.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel as a place to sleep for a short visit to Eindhoven, if you get a good deal. Otherwise, there's better hotels around (like the Pullman on the same street where we stayed during another visit)

Room Tip: Hotel is on a busy street, so ask for a high floor room or one facing the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Bartje83,

Thank you very much for submitting your review.

Yes, indeed you are correct, in February a large number of our rooms were being renovated, and the results have been worth waiting for.

Regarding your remark about the toiletries in the bathroom, we officially are a 4-star hotel (criteria can been found on “De Nederlandse Hotel Classificatie (NHC)”, but we are also proud of our Green Key Gold label, which means that we need to be seriously and measurably involved with sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and care for the environment within the hotel and in the surrounding nature. This is one of the main reasons for having decided to use dispensers throughout our hotel. On our Executive Rooms and Suites, we do offer the possibility of extra amenities.

Mr Bartjes83, thank you again for your feedback, and hopefully we will be able to welcome you on a future occasion in on of our recently renovated rooms.

Kind regards from Eindhoven!
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated for travellers who on arriving by train just want a short walk - no taxi needed - from the station, and when you head out the reception you are 1 minute from some great restaurants, bars and night life. The standard rooms are adequate but bathroom a tad on the small size. Breakfast at €17 is a bit steep, but it still a good venue. Staff at reception very helpful, booking a restaurant for me when I enquired about one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear FreeSpiritDublin,

Thank you ever so much for the positive review.

Regarding your remark about the breakfast; May I recommend that you book a room rate including breakfast during a possible future stay? This will save you money.

Kind regards from sunny Eindhoven!
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Used this as an overnight stop off on our way through Holland on motorbikes. It was just right. Friendly staff and nice decent rooms. Had a nice chat with the receptionist whilst checking out and everyone seemed genuinley interested in making the stay as good as can be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Gareth E,

Thank you for your great review!

We hope to see you again some day and we wish you lots of fun with your motorbike voyage through Holland.

Kind regards from Eindhoven!
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here with my friends for three days in the month of April and our experience was wonderful. Warm welcome at the reception, amazing décor of the building, lovely food, gracefully decorated rooms and friendly staff; this was all enough for a great stay. We really enjoyed our stay and will love to come here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Eva-Lynne A, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Jamie,

Thank you for choosing the Hampshire Hotel – Crown Eindhoven as your accommodation for your visit to Eindhoven. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay in our hotel.

I am happy to read that your stay was to your liking and I will definitely share your comments with the entire team!

I hope to welcome you again with another occasion.

Kind regards,

Lieke van den Eijnden
Front Desk Manager

Been to Hampshire Hotel - Crown Eindhoven? Share your experiences!