“Good stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 24 hotels in Eindhoven
Hanoi
“Good stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

A 20 minute walk, or by bus from the station with a supermarket and other facilities nearby. Typical chain hotel style accommodation. Kettle but no fridge in room, clean and modern furniture, comfortable bed, well heated and with a window for fresh air. 15 euro breakfast available if required. May be inconvenient for travellers who prefer being closer to station, but if you don't mind a healthy walk through the shopping precinct and past some church's and museums then this location is fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mercureeindhoven, General Manager at Mercure Eindhoven, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear sir/ madam,

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The staffs are good, internet speed is good , I did like French food during my 3 weeks stay.the location is near to HTC Philips which is a plus point.The hotel is highly recommended for business travel..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mercureeindhoven, General Manager at Mercure Eindhoven, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear sir/ madam,

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I often base my opinion on hotels on the quality of the breakfast...and this one was great. Well presented food, good range of drinks, and fresh ornage juice! Not the heavily diluted lightly flavoured stuff that most hotels offer, but juice with BITS in it! Great service, good location and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mercureeindhoven, General Manager at Mercure Eindhoven, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear sir,

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here for just over one week during business in the city and I was pleased to secure a good deal by booking/paying in advance directly (68 Euro/night week and 44 Euro/night weekend with breakfast included). I thought this was a superb deal for a four star hotel.

The hotel itself is fine, it's a converted Mercure property (not originally Mercure, the name of the original hotel is on the fire escape plan on the door of every room). The staff were good, friendly and attentive. The rooms are average when you consider this is probably catering for business guests. No issue with cleanliness, however the beds were way too soft that you would sink into them (some people will like this). The safe was very small, that a tablet just about fit inside, so forget about your laptop. The bathroom had seen better days, again clean, but old, with the bath creaking every time you moved inside it while having a shower. The ventilation in the bathroom was also special, never worked in the mornings but would work during the night.

The biggest issue were the relatively thin room doors used and the automatic closure of them, which means when another guest about five rooms away comes back at midnight and lets the door go after they have entered, it has woken up half of the floor. This happened several times and was quite frustrating.

Breakfast was quite good, when it was free with the discounted rate I secured, nothing to complain about it at all. I never took an evening meal at the hotel but did have a few drinks in the bar, with the staff always friendly.

Location is ok, about 20/25 minute walk south from Eindhoven Central Station, else there is a bus stop right outside either taking you to the city/station one way or to HTC (High Tech Campus) the other way. There is a supermarket very close to the hotel, which is useful and is open until 22h00 (20h00 on Sundays).

Overall, a mixture of good and not so good points during my stay, which means an average score. If I had to pay a higher rate then this would score lower, but for the rate I managed to secure, it did the job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mercureeindhoven, General Manager at Mercure Eindhoven, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear mr. Dave F,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Eindhoven. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I satyed at the Mecure on a recent business trip to Eindhoven. I normally stay at another hotel but the available rate for this date was very high.
The hotel is on a reasonably busy street and has a very small reception area. Check in was friendly and efficient as was the service throughout my stay.
My room was clean and functional but quite small and felt quite clinical
The restaurant/bar area was again funstional but lacked any warmth.
Breakfast was standard continental and was nice.
Overall I expected a little more from a hotel that was still costing over 100 Euro's per night including breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mercureeindhoven, General Manager at Mercure Eindhoven, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Eindhoven. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mr. Harsveld

Been to Mercure Eindhoven? Share your experiences!