“Reliable, no-frills hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Eindhoven

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Eindhoven to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Eindhoven
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Veldmaarschalk Montgomerylaan 1, 5612 BA Eindhoven, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Eindhoven
Singapore
“Reliable, no-frills hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed here for the 5th time so far since March 2012 as it is one of my company's business hotel.

The rooms are big and clean, and the work table is long and great for doing work. Bathroom was a bit old in design and probably needs a re-design soon.

Breakfast is pretty standard for a European hotel, and I love the brown bread freshly baked every morning.

The pool is quite a decent length for doing breaststroke. The gym is really tiny, but one will be hard-pressed to find a decent gym in the other hotels in Eindhoven as well. So I rest this case. Running outside in the neighbourhood would be more rewarding.

Staff Alex was always smiling and friendly, and helpful. My last stay 2 weeks ago, I needed the staff to help me print one copy of a document and the lady at the reception did it promptly after I emailed the hotel. Most thankful for that!

However, one particular was not so friendly in my previous stay in early Oct, as I have checked out one hour later than intended (I was paying for late check-out) and he was pretty harsh about it. Considering my membership status, and the payment for the late check-out anyway, I felt that was pretty rude behaviour on his part.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with odd numbers so that u can face the main road, see the skies and overlook the t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Mrs Aurora,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel and our reception staff!
The bathrooms are on the nomination to be renovated and we are talking about this with our head office at this moment. As a hotel we only provide a mini gym. Do you know that we also have tickets for the sports centre a 5 minute walk from our hotel for only € 4,- Maybe you can try this centre during your next visit? I am very excited that you are happy with our reception staff. I will speak to the person who checked you out in unmistakable terms so this won’t happen again.

I really hope to greet you personally during your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

3 nights weekend stay during October 2013, upgraded to executive room on higher floor. Room was OK but bathroom needs some update - broken shower and soap dispenser.
Luxury cosmetics, Nespresso machine and sweets after arrival was pleasant surprise for us. Quick check in and professional staff.
Water in swimming pool is too cold in rainy Eindhoven - people would like to heat up.
I have room only rate but they charged one breakfast from my card, so dont forget check your bill during check out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Lukas,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am happy to inform you that our bathrooms are on the nomination to be renovated. Normally the water in our swimming pool is 28,5 Degrees Celsius and this is checked on a daily basis. After your remark I contacted maintenance to do extra checks to keep our pool nice and warm during these cold days.
About your remark about the breakfast; we only charge breakfast when it’s not included in the rate and you have signed at the restaurant entrance. In your case it could be that a wrong room number was written down. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused.

I hope to welcome you again in Eindhoven!
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here with the other members of the band as we were appearing at a one day music festival in nearby Oirschot. Rooms were comfortable, clean and well equipped. Didn't have much time to experience the facilities (swimming pool, etc) which was a pity as they looked very inviting. Hotel is well situated near the town, so we chose to eat at bars/restaurants rather than use the hotel restaurant.
Our room bookings included breakfast, which was good. An associate had booked seperately and didn't have breakfast included. She felt the €22 was very expensive for the breakfast, so the advice to book with breakfast included is worth noting.
Parking was good, and the reception validated our ticket to last the whole weekend. We did have some problems getting out as the tickets seemed to stop working by the time we left on the Sunday morning.
Generally a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Les S,

Thank you very much for your 4-star rating, and I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay.

Regarding your remark about the rate for breakfast, the advice to book a rate including breakfast is actually very useful, because it really is cheaper than paying for your breakfast separately. If you book a room rate including breakfast, an amount less than €22 is calculated per room, in stead of €22 per person. This may result in a “discount” of almost €30,- per day (based on a stay for 2 persons per room).

I hope to have informed you sufficiently, but should you feel the need to have a chat about this, you can always contact us via info@hieindhoven.com.

Kind regards and hopefully until next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stay here quite often as my warehouse is about 30km away in the middle of nowhere. I like staying here for the below reasons:
There is plenty of easy parking, which is not the case with the other Eindhoven hotels i have tried.
the location is good, it is near the center and within walking distance you have the town center with plenty of shopping, restaurants, the exhibition center and the train station.

The restaurant is superb. A little pricey, but worth it. Great wine and food and excellent service. I always eat at the hotel because its so good.

The rooms are ok and are clean. Nothing special, but really acceptable. My only gripe is the bathroom. It is a bit old and could use a
All in all, a good hotel and a great restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Brabus73,

Thank you for your positive review, and we hope to be welcoming you again some day soon!

Kind regards from Eindhoven,
Hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is my fourth time staying at the Holiday Inn. Stayed Friday and Saturday night and we managed to get a very reasonable deal on a twin room including breakfast. Bed was reasonably comfortable but the two pillows supplied were truly awful, they were so old and overused the material inside was just a knotted mess so trying to find a comfortable area was very tough. The pillows on the other bed were exactly the same. The bathrooms really do need updating.

Breakfast on Saturday morning was very poor, the scrambled eggs were old and congealed on the edges, and where has the smoked salmon gone, I know it was 2009 for my last stay but it was sadly missed. I do pity the people who decided to pay the 21/22 euro for breakfast, it's just not worth it. I did see a few people complaining and Sunday mornings breakfast was a lot better.

I do still enjoy staying here although I kind of miss the old decor in the bar even though it was very dated, it's now very nice and modern but a little sterile. Anyway one good thing they still do the Holiday Burger on the bar menu and it's worth the 16 Euro, delicious. Drinks are expensive but expected.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Eva-Lynne A, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Rogueelement_9,

Thank you very much for submitting your review!

I am sorry to read that our pillows were not up to standard, but I would like to inform that all of them will be replaced in the very near future. Next time, please do not hesitate to contact out Front Desk, they will be happy to bring you a new set of pillows.

Regarding your remark about the breakfast, this information will be passed on to our F&B Service Manager and our Chef. I would like to advise you to book a room rate including breakfast upon your next stay, this will save you a considerable amount of money.

Warm regards from Eindhoven, and hopefully until next time!
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were here for a meeting with our office.
We stayed the night before, great hotel, friendly staff...
Unfortunately we were unable to visit the welness, but everything was great: service, quality, ...

Breakfast and restaurant were also fine!

Meeting room was perfect, had everything we needed.
Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear MrTravelman87,

What a great review you left us! Thank you so much!
We hope you had a productive meeting and hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards from Holiday Inn Eindhoven
Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is fine and the same was the room. It's centrally located, but € 21.50 for breakfast, and where you had to make your fried egg. I thought this is too expensive, the breakfast was more expensive than dinner. Fine car parking

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Eindhoven, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear NJMJCopenhagen,

Thank you very much for your 3 star review. I am very happy that you enjoyed our hotel, your room and our parking facilities.
As answer to your remark about our breakfast buffet I recommend that you book an including breakfast rate on a future occasion. This is a much favourable price for you as our valued guest.
I see in your reservation details that you booked a rate excluding breakfast for your stay. I hope to welcome you again on a future occasion to greet you in person.

Kind regards from Eindhoven!

Been to Holiday Inn Eindhoven? Share your experiences!