“A super great find !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Onderwijshotel De Rooi Pannen Eindhoven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eindhoven
Onderwijshotel De Rooi Pannen Eindhoven
Kaakstraat 1, Eindhoven 5623 AD, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Eindhoven B&B and Inns
Malta
“A super great find !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My mum and I stayed here for a night on a stopover in Eindhoven and were absolutely bowled over by this place .It's wonderful! All the students were just delightful .They were really friendly ,super helpful and fulfilled their job descriptions very professionally .
The bus to and from the train station /city centre is right outside basically and it costs 3 Euro and takes about 10 mins if I recall .
The room was great ,a good size ,of modern design ,with a nice big bathroom (incl what seemed like a bigger than average bath )a coffee machine and tea-making facilities (Better tea than the Westin in the rooms !! Coffee was yum too)
In the evening ,we had sweets and a note hand-delivered .The note wished us a nice evening and gave us novel suggestions for enjoying the city as night fell .So sweet !!
When you book ,consider reserving a table for dinner .We missed out as on our arrival they were full but the value is astonishing .
Honestly we wished we had had longer here being looked after this well !! Best wishes and many thanks to you all at De Rooi Pannen.Hope to be back again one day !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

When i was informed that we will be staying in a hotel run by Hotel Management students i was curious and also bit worried about the quality....but to my pleasant surprise i was 100% impressed with the sheer passion, committment and willingness to go a notch higher to make the customers happy and went thru a pleasant experience !!!

The themed dinner created a lot of excitement and was happy to see the students (who is the chef !!) bloomed with a great smile and did a great job.....Plus, the price (incl b'fast) is fantastic for a well maintained room with free internet.

Keep up and my best wishes to all the students and their teachers who are doing a great job there....will come again !

Room Tip: i got update from my colleagues their rooms too were good....so given limited well maintained rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Very impressed! Yes, it is a training hotel but the students aim to please. I was escorted to my room, offered assistance at every opportunity and always greeted with a friendly 'Hello'. I do a lot of travelling with work and this was one of the friendliest experiences I have had in a long time. The room was brilliant - spacious, clean and like new. As for the dinner, it was nothing short of spectacular. It was a 5-course meal prepared by a young lady (I believe her name was Chef Josiene). My other 3 colleagues who stayed also echoed the same sentiments. Even the conference room was well-equipped and the snacks/coffe were always on time and plentiful. I want to say a big 'thank you' to Anne and all the other staff who made us feel very welcomed. We have told all of our colleagues about your Hotel and will definitely put it on top of my list for my next visit.
Bill.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms booked by my colleagues were equally great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is a trainees hotel which is run by students of the hotel and catering trades. Everything has to be perfect which can be embarassing for the guests at times. All 20 rooms are on the fourth floor serviced by a clean fast lift. As this is a training school checking in can be a bit slow but remember they are learning. The selection of beers in the bar is limited. The meals are truly something to behold, excellent quality. All food is fresh cooked in their own superbly appointed kitchens. Room service is available but the several times I have stayed there I have not used it. Because it is a school unfortunately the hotel closes during the summer

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Bornheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Very nice location, close to the city center (25 minutes walk). As it is powered by students you have high motivated staff. They are always friendly and take care for you.
(As well the teacher I have never seen a school like this :-)
The rooms are simply perfect, lot of space, absolute clean, all have nice bad in several variants.
The rooms are equipped with Flat TV, Senseo coffee machine, water cattle, Telephone etc
I can also recommend the "Restaurant" every evening the students prepare a 3 or 4 course dinner but with fix timing behind, the dinner starts at 17:30 you have to be there in time.
as there is always big run take care for reservation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed at the Rooi Pannen after coleagues recommended it to me. The service is very good because the hotel is a school for young apprendices of the hotel business, and therefore they get evaluated on their performance by the teachers. In other words, all service is according to the book and very well done. It was a very good experience and I can recommended it to all travellers to Eindhoven.

Pricing is very attractive for these kind of rooms and service. I had a 4-star room which had free coffee and tea, and a good night note put on the bed each evening.. By the way, the bed was very very nice.

The only issue is its location, about 20 mins walking from the center.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Onderwijshotel De Rooi Pannen Eindhoven? Share your experiences!