“Overpriced, no breakfast” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Allicht Stadshotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eindhoven
Allicht Stadshotel
Save Saved
You added Allicht Stadshotel to your Saves list
Wilhelminaplein 3, 5611 Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Bergen)   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Eindhoven B&B and Inns
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Overpriced, no breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Paid more than 100 Euros / night, only to find out parking and breakfast is not included. When you do have breakfast, you have to go next-door, since it is not part of the hotel-facilities.
Elevator too shaky to even try. Really, not a good deal at all. Certainly not for business purposes.

Positive; free wireless. Square in front has some nice restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Families
Beds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I cannot agree with the last review. I have stayed here a few times with work and found the rooms to be excellent, the bar area too is good although I prefer the pub atmosphere of De Gaper bar a few yards away. Breakfast was always Ok but on my most recent visit we were sent to the cafe next door - not sure if this is a permanent arrangemenst but the breakfast received was great and the proprietor most friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The description of the hotel makes it come across as a trendy city style hotel. How far from the truth can this be. While the rooms themselves are clean the furniture does not take this room to boutique level. Just because there is a flat screen TV and a cheap mock chandelier does not make this boutique. The textured 70’s walls, poor seating and cheap furniture really bring the room down to earth with a bump. However the shower was very good.

It is the rest of the hotel that the problems really appear. I stayed on the top floor. My choices were to take the very retro (but not in a kitsch sense) open cupboard style elevator that just seems plain dangerous. Or walk the flights of stairs. I chose the stairs. On the first floor the handrail has fallen and lays un-attended on the stairs themselves. On each floor messy pipe work and wiring is exposed. Between the pipes a sad and often dangerous light is dangling with exposed wires. On some floors they have tried to cover parts of the pipes up with the some "nice" textured wallpaper. But only half the pipe work mind you. Therefore the overall impression of ascending to ones room is bargain basement and not boutique.

On the first morning I went to enjoy breakfast as described by the hotel as an "American Breakfast". I have worked in America for many months so I would like to think I am somewhat experienced in what a good American breakfast may consist of. This pitiful offering was nothing of the sort. There was a tray of blackened paper thin bacon that looked as if it was prepared on Saturday Night (This was now Monday morning). What amazed me the most was the fact that while it appeared to have been cooking for more than was required and left lingering around for some time it still retained a very a greasy quality. My compliments really must go to the chef as I have never witnessed such an impressive effort to destroy a humble piece of bacon. The scrambled eggs to accompany the burnt offerings appeared to have similar qualities to the moons surface. Again I would suspect they have been cooked overnight to achieve such a marvelous result. The rest of the breakfast was simple basic fare but certainly edible at least but did not remind me of an American Breakfast. It would have been nice to have been offered a cup of coffee but this appeared to be beyond the waiters’ capabilities or interest.

On returning back to the hotel that day after a hard days work I requested if I could have an iron and ironing board. The manager appeared a little vacant at my request however said he would try and find it. I suggested if I should wait or come back down to reception to collect it. He suggested I came back to collect it. I would normally expect to have such items delivered to my room. As a customer I do not expect to have to carry such items around the building. However I am grateful he will look for the iron so I comply.

I reach my room and am more than disappointed to see the room has not been made at all. No clean towels, bed unmade, etc etc.

I go back to the reception to collect the iron 45 minutes later. I believe this is a reasonable timeframe for the iron to be located. No sign of the iron or the receptionist. I wait patiently for about 6 minutes before going to seek out receptionist or iron. I find the receptionist sat down having a cosy chat with in the restaurant. I felt guilty to have selfishly interrupted his conversation to remind him of my request for an iron. I think his life would be so much simpler if he did not have to deal with those difficult customers.

In summary do not stay at this over priced excuse of a hotel. If it were a hostel with hostel prices then perhaps these short comings would be acceptable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Allicht Stadshotel? Share your experiences!