“Practical and modern” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven

You added Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven to your Saves list
Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lichttoren 22 | (navigation Mathildelaan 1), 5611 BJ Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Art Hotel Eindhoven)   |
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Eindhoven
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Practical and modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is conveniently centrally located next to the train station. There is a massive parking complex across the street.
The restaurant serves decent bistro food until 22 and includes a nice bar/lounge area.
The rooms are difficult to find as there are different buildings. I think I was in the new building as the hall was still unfinished. The high ceilings give it an airy feeling and a modern look with raw concrete walls.
The rooms are spacious and modern. The best part was the massive shower!
Good hotel for a business stop.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel has nice and original rooms, is very central (5 min walk from the station), good food and pleasant staff. Not sure what else you can ask for when your on business travel on a Sunday evening.

If you can stay on the 9th floor room 910, you'll have a nice view

I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 weeks in this really nice hotel. First week I had a room with a shower and the second week I had a room with a bath tub. Both rooms were really confortable, large, but quite dark though.
The hotel is very close to the train station and the center.
One of the best thing were the nice and helpful stuff and the food. The breakfast was rich, tasty. I had soup for lunch every day which was very tasty and I also had different meals there and they were all excellent.
The only thing which could have been better was the cleaning service. The room seemed clean at first sight although the furniture was dusty in a couple of days time, the cups were not washed properly. There were no replacement tea bags, shower gels and shampoos etc. It seemed the room was cleaned rather hastily.
Finally I can say I really enjoyed the time I spent in this hotel and I would gladly return any time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Just back from a four night stay here, this is a fantastic hotel. Yes the rooms are quirky , contempary in design but very comfortable, very spacious and the room amenities are perfect. If it seems dark to you due to the design and paint colours of the room well there was more than enough lights in the room to brighten it. The staff were so helpful and friendly really lovely, reception crew were at all times of the day and night more than happy to help with any needs. The location is just perfect, you can see the main shopping street across the road a one minute walk, train station two minute walk so handy. I travel a lot to Holland to buy floral supplies, this was my first time in Eindhoven. It is a great city, this hotel made it even better because it is so relaxed and all of the above, so many shops and things to do, it for me is better than Amsterdam , you won't feel trampled, booted in and out of your hotel room and have to spend a fortune on transport and restaurants. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in in Holland and by far the most welcoming and comfortable. We didn't plan it but we will be going back in April and this is the only place to stay. Can't recommend it enough

Room Tip: If you like you maybe able to get a room with a balcony email reception no doubt they will help, our...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed on night at the Art Hotel in route to Amsterdam. We were pleasantly surprised with the spacious, beautifully decorated rooms. The bathrooms were large as well. Underground parking (for a fee) is available on site. Located conveniently in the downtown area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night whilst on a business trip. Within easy walking distance of Eindhoven Station. The hotel used to be the old Philips Factory.
All the rooms are different I believe I stayed on the 9th floor of the main building. The room was very dark and it took me a while to find the light switches. Nice big shower no bath, however it takes a long time for the hot water to reach the shower on the 9th floor. Bed comfy but not very wide. We had our evening meal in the hotel restaurant, it was very nice. Breakfast was also good

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My four-night stay Dec. 3rd-6th was pleasant enough but the overall experience was beset with quirks of this rather odd hotel.

The biggest failing to my mind is the lack of individual control of HVAC. The hotel provides heat at a fixed setting, which is more than adequate for some rooms and severely lacking for others. I was checked in to a 4th floor room, which was quite toasty (in fact too warm for me) but I asked to be moved to another location because of a major office move operation occurring outside, just behind the hotel. The resulting noise was intolerable.

My new room, 712, was quite large but frigid. I needed a portable space heater to supplement the woefully inadequate heat that was provided. I was told that the hotel is under new ownership (since October, 2013) and the new owners want to change the HVAC situation. I wish them the best in that effort. I believe this is the only hotel I've stayed in that did not provide guest control of the room's climate.

Another oddity is the décor of the rooms. My original room was decorated in deep, dark plum and purple colors...very somber and, frankly, challenging for me with existing lighting. Happily, my new room, 712, was brighter. But it was very chilly! That issue cannot be underestimated; it's a shame that the hotel rooms' climates are not regulated by its guests.

I'll add, as others have observed, that the breakfast was quite expensive for what was offered. What made it worse was the explanation offered by one of the restaurant staff that the rate varies according to what 'deal' has been made between the hotel and one's company (my sense is that at least 90% of the guests were business travelers). I was told that my breakfast at 21.50 Euros was the 'regular price' but it didn't seem worth that. True, there were eggs made to order and smoked salmon 'lox' but it was an expensive affair that I did not use again. Also, be aware that the hotel automatically adds daily breakfast to your bill; you make the necessary adjustment at check-out but that policy was not disclosed at check-in.

Overall my stay was 'good' and the location was a mere five minute walk from my work. And there was one bright spot: Stephanie, at Reception, was superbly understanding and accommodating and she deserves praise for her attitude and her efforts.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business