“Modern industrial design makes the hotel very different” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven

You added Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven to your Saves list
Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lichttoren 22 | (navigation Mathildelaan 1), 5611 BJ Eindhoven, The Netherlands (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Art Hotel Eindhoven)   |
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Eindhoven
Malden, NL
“Modern industrial design makes the hotel very different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The ArtHotel has about 200 rooms and all are decorated differently in a mixture of antique and industrial design. The room and bathroom are really huge for Dutch standards. The hotel has been built in an old Philips factory with a new addition. All in all this gives the place character and makes this hotel very different from the standard hotel chains in the world, but the price is reasonable. So I liked this experience.

I was here at a day in early September 2013 when the outside temperature was exceptional high, and unfortunately I couldn’t find any way to cool down the room. Lucky enough there are very high ceilings!
One remark about the reception desk: the design is spectacular but it is completely unsuitable to handle in and outgoing guests efficiently there.
The hotel is very close to the city centre and the railway station. Outside there is a nice square for a drink. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Utrecht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every room is different designed. We stayed in the suite, which was spacious, +/- 100m2, high sealings with own jaccuzzi. The building itself is worth visiting because it is a part of the old Philips factory. There is an exhibition of modern art in the atrium between the two buildings of the hotel. Breakfast is excellent and the bar gives you a lot of choice. Look for the ship above your head. The hotel is situated in the centre of Eindhoven, near the station, the stadium of PSV and concerthall. Staff is very friendly and the price was very reasonable. They often have cheap arrangements.

Room Tip: try to make a deal for the suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived at this hotel and its not bad, its the little things that has forced my hand in writing this review. In our experience the service was slow, and the staff seemed to be dithering about a lot. The rooms are decorated lovely but for us, the bath fixtures weren't secured properly, the sink taps didn't work, there was a couple of unexplained holes in the ceiling. The worst thing about this hotel was the beds - the thing you go there to do (sleep) is most un-enjoyable, you sink into the bed and roll in the middle, not only does it say double deluxe room but the bed was two singles pushed together - not what I was expecting to get after paying £80 a night! Another bad experience was with the staff, in the morning of our checkout the guy at the desk tried to charge me for my visit after I had explained I already pre-paid with ebookers. He said someone dealt with the booking incorrectly so sorted it out, after paying my extras I signed a receipt and confirmed the mistake had been rectified and that I would not be charged. I got home 5 hours later and found my credit card had been charged.... Called them up and they were getting it sorted. Still unimpressed I have had to deal with this at all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
munich, germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

By mischance I happened to arrive at the train station after 9 30 pm. The walk is short, but the fact that the only people on the street were some suspicious looking and out of sort youngsters didn't help.

Anyway, having traveled all day, the most important was that I get to the room and get something to eat, having not had the chance. The room was big - very spacious I must say, and the decor was fine. The bathtub was even too big (good for drowning, because the squared of ledges would let you slip in too far, but, our job to watch out. Though the temperature was ok when I arrived, what I didn't like was that there was no control to warm it as the evening got a little cooler. In fact, it looked like tape was put over the area where the controls normally would be, just to let you know that you shouldn t touch.

I went to the minibar, but it was unplugged or broken, as everything was warm inside. So, I went downstairs - I must say they took care of it (guess the person who stocked never noticed that is wasn't plugged in) and this was corrected; however, downstairs I found that not only had the kitchen closed at 10pm on the dot, but there was no room service of any kind, not even a pizza, after that hour. When I asked the receptionist answered that my best bet was to walk back to the city center and find the mc donald's open until midnight. Not the type of answer expected at a quality hotel.

In any case, I did have a good sleep, the water pressure was Wonderful, so was clean and ready. By the way, personnel thing again, since I had nothing to eat I decided to have a drink at the bar. The young lady behind the bar didn't seem to know where anything was. Any way, I desired a campari and orange juice - unfortunately she had never heard of Campari, and when finally I showed her what a bottle looked like, she said it was empty. It had about 3/4 of a shot left, I guess. I thought she would propose a short drink, or maybe a half price cocktail, but instead she said they had nothing else, period. The senior bar staff was there, but he seemed tired or frustrated. I never got any snacks at the bar (though I noticed some earlier clients did), and even had to beg for a water.

So, unfortunately, I cannot give a higher rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dortmund
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

It's a nice and cheap hotel. It's calm and has a nice interieur. It's very near to the city center. The parking fee in the hotel garage was exceptionally high. The breakfast was good and the staff really kind. I can only complain about the cleanliness. Everywhere in my room I could find dust.

Room Tip: Don't take a room over the hotel entrance. During the whole day, people were standing in smoking...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My stay at this hotel was extremely pleasant and a welcome break from the monotony of standard decor and layouts in international hotel rooms. The rooms are large and completely weird in terms of decor (you love or hate it, but for sure, you'll remember it). Some rooms have a longish walk to get there. When you realize that this used to be an old Philips company factory, then the high industrial ceilings, the ancient light bulb ad prints, the long corridors all make sense. It's right across from the rail station that makes it really convenient. And a selection of restaurants just outside, and shops across the street add to the convenience. Apart from a computer glitch at check-out, my entire stay was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Cleanliness, comfort, nice staff and beautiful rooms. I had both, huge shower and bathtub, in my bathroom, hairdryer and perfectly white towels. Soft bed and fully equipped minibar with coffee machine. The internet connection was fast and there were also enough plugs for all my chargers, which is sometimes a bit problematic in other hotels. The breakfast-choice was good and I regret staying at this hotel only for one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Inntel Hotels Art Eindhoven? Share your experiences!