“A good hotel in great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Best Western Rewards Rate
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Den Bosch
Stockholm, Sweden
“A good hotel in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Picked this hotel for a weekend stay on suggestion of a colleague. Den Bosch ('s-Hertogenbosch) is a very nice city/town with its pre-war charm, great nature and laid back attitude. Best Western Euro Hotel is less than a kilometer in distance from the 's-Hertogenbosch railway station and situation in a very nice locality, right beside the landmark St. John's Cathedral.

I was a bit confused when I entered the hotel lobby. It looked like an old age pub. If what I expected was a pub, it was a very nice old style one though. But what I was looking for was a nice hotel, so was a bit confused. The gentleman at the front desk was polite and helpful (contrary to the bad experience at least some fellow members here have written about). I got a room on 3rd floor and my walk towards my room revealed a very modern hotel with quite a lot of rooms! Very nicely decorated common areas, modern elevator and very nicely decored rooms. The restaurant was great for breakfast.

Internet in the hotel was not working when I checked in and I was notified of this up front. And when it started working in the night, the front desk manager was helpful enough to let me know that it is working again!

Over all, my experience was very good at the hotel. Especially, I loved the locality. Felt the room rent of 130 Euros plus was on the higher side for overall value delivered.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ripon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, has nice big rooms but hardly any facilities.

However, the stink of cigarette smoke as you enter the hotel is awful. And the customer service is abysmal, the lady manager on check out was a disgrace. I didn't know the hotel was locked up until 7am and I could not get to reception to check out at 6.45am. I stood at the door to reception for 5 minutes knocking, I then went back to my room and phoned reception, no answer. I then went back downstairs and knocked on the door numerous times until I heard the restaurant open upstairs. I went and asked if reception was open and the lady manager came down and opened the door, she told me about the hotel being closed until 7am which i was unaware of, I said I had been standing at the door for a total of 15-20 minutes and she said I wasn't!! I said are you calling me a liar and she started shouting and swearing at me that I wasn't there and that I am an "ignorant englishman".
I tried to keep calm and just paid my bill but I have to say in all my business and personal travels I have never came across such terrible treatment of a customer.

As long as this lady works at this hotel please do yourself a favour and avoid at all costs.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Best Western Eurohotel in Den Bosch is situated in the city centre of the beautiful town of Den Bosch. The location is excellent. The hotel has its own parking facilities which is very convenient (but paid).
Rooms are spacious and clean but the beds are old and way too soft. Quite horrible. FIX THIS Best Western!!! If they had good beds I would have rated this hotel as excellent. In my opinion this is the most important, I go to a hotel to find a place to SLEEP.
Breakfast is good. Friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is right next to the cathedral, surrounded by restaurants and shops. It is immaculately clean, and the staff is very helpful. The decor is very mixed. For example, the breakfast area is very modern (and the food was fine), but the bedrooms were dowdy and old-fashioned. No coffee or tea making facilities and standard Best Western toiletries. My room on the fourth floor at the back was nice and quiet, and you could see the cathedral out the window.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is wonderfully situated right in the middle of Den Bosch (Hertogenbosch) a little known Dutch town which is well worth a visit. The owner was extremely welcoming and the room we had was very clean and well equipped with both a bathroom and a shower room though, a little surprisingly, no tea or coffee making facilities. All the bedrooms seem to be off a long third floor corridor which presents some issues with noise and although breakfast was very good the price of 143 euros for one double room and parking did seem somewhat excessive.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem to be set back a little further from the corridor than others and these rooms are pr...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The hotel is very average, no good heat facilities. The lady manager is a RACIST and the way she approached me was very insulting, full discrimination. For no reasons she started shouting at me , telling me she would not let me in the hotel if she wanted to. That was before I handed in my Canadian passport (I'm Iranian with a dual nationality-Canadian). Then she was so surprised and apologized for being out of control!!! So all that was for my first nationality and probably dark hair.
I don't recommend this hotel at all. Extremely low quality and bad behavior.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Alkmaar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Overall an average hotel. I received a very small and old room, which was not worth the price. Bed was too soft.

Internet only with a voucher system which is cumbersome. No laundry service. I had an airconditioner in my room, but it didn't work. No hotel services information in the room itself. Breakfast was good but standard. Location is good though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!