“The best BnB Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Block 62

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Breda
Block 62
You added Block 62 to your Saves list
Ginnekenweg 62, Breda, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Breda B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“The best BnB Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Block 62 is definitely exceeded our expectations. The room was big, stylish design with carefully-selected quality furniture and the small details that come with it make it unique and comfortable. For a bed and breakfast accommodation, one can not expect a Nespresso machine, WiFi connection and a huge, stylish bathroom complete with Ritual amenities.

Breakfast that comes in a bento box is impressive and all the dishes that come out of the restaurant is simply superb, fresh and authentic. I loved all the Asian dishes, they were authentic, tasty and made from good quality ingredients.

The formidable asset of this hotel is its owners Angele and Marcel. Angele has years of experience as hotel manager in many international companies in different parts of the world. She is a perfect host, talking to each of the guests at the restaurant. Chef Marcel is no doubt an experienced, excellent chef whose culinary creativity wows the people of Breda. We have been amazed by how many locals visit the restaurant that they have to refuse guests. We did not have a place for lunch when we arrived to check in. The restaurant is bustling. It is best to make a reservation otherwise you can not expect a seat.

We brought home bottles of marmalade, sauces and marinades and a bag of muesli that my husband loves... reminds us of this delicious experience in Block 62.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've been staying in Block 62 for 4 nights while visiting a friend's wedding in December 2012. Although it's a Bed&Breakfast, as the name states, I would choose to stay there over a 5 star hotel any day. The owners, Angele and Marcel, greeted me like a friend of the family and the feeling never abandoned me while I stayed there. Angele takes good care of the front of the house, always ready to lend a helping hand if needed, Marcel, a seasoned Chef that worked all over the world and with world famous Chefs, is in charge of the kitchen of the restaurant that is situated on the ground floor of the B&B. Unfortunately I caught a pretty bad cold with a slight fever and a sore throat just before arriving to Breda, and Angele, hearing my cracked voice, immediately included some honey and lemon to the morning tea specially for me. The breakfasts in this B&B is something I have to say a few words about. First and last day of your stay you will get the signature bento box which includes a bowl of the tastiest Swedish muesli with a sprinkle of homemade granola and fresh berries (Chef’s recipe), a fruit salad, two pieces of toast that go with soft butter and two verities of homemade jams (I had strawberry & chili and asparagus), and three small puff pastries. The next day apart from the muesli and the fruit salad Marcel prepared scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on the side and some arugula leaves as deco for the main course, it tasted absolutely wonderful. The other day a had an open-faced omelet with ham, cheese and fresh mushrooms. My hosts made an effort to pack me up with the oh-so-needed vitamins and energy. I rolled out of the table every morning, I’m not lying. The room I stayed in was the B2 I think, a spacious room with the bed right in the center, with two huge windows looking out the main street. Noise wasn’t an issue because European towns are generally quiet in the evening. The room had a small cattle for tea and a cartridge coffee machine, so you can have an evening tea without going down to the busy restaurant. The bathroom included all the gels you may need: liquid hand soap, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, so I had no need to unpack any of my own. One thing I lacked was a nice thick bathrobe :) Apart from all these goodies every guest gets a key to the bikes that are included in the price of the room. The Netherlands is a bicycle country so it’s very convenient to have and ride a bike there. As a resume – this is one of the best places to stay in Breda, not the cheapest, but quite affordable for what you get in return. I regret only one thing… with all the commotion before the wedding I didn’t have a chance to try Marcel’s dinner menu. It must be good because the restaurant was packed every day. I wish Angele and Marcel prosperity and inspiration to carry on with their business for long years ahead.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms available for guests and both are good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ostende, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I surprised my wife with a 2 days overnight stay in block 62, the surprise was even greater when she saw who the new owners were. Marcel and Angele wich we knew from our holidays in Thailand. With there experiences I know they will make a super business from block 62. Very Clean rooms, a kitchen to be jalouse from and a hospitality hard to find somewhere else. Thai and Balinese cuisine as well as European dishes. The rooms bright and fresh as you imagine to be in a royal suite. Soon we will go back. You are two stars in a 5 star B&B .

• Stayed March 2012
Molenschot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for just one night in May 2012. This was short after the opening of Block 62. There are two sleeping rooms, and we opted for the room away from the street. We slept with the windows opened and did not hear any street noice. The room was superb. Very good beds, nespresso machine, a water boiler for tea and a flat screen television. The bathroom was pretty oversized and beautifull with a fantastic shower.

If you come by car, you can park your car for free on a private locked parking. If you want to go in to Breda u can use the Block 62 bikes.

This is not an ordinary B&B, situated in the center of Breda, but it's more like a 4 star hotel. There is a proffesional restaurant kitchen that serves delicious food from all over the world. It is a good idea to have your evening meal at the B&B. Allso the breakfast is great. Lots to choose from and all tasty.

So, if you plan to visit Breda for a day or two, this B&B is a must visit.

Room Tip: There are two rooms, and I would advise the room away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our daughter is currently studying in Holland, in April 2012 we were one of the first visitors as the doors to Block 62 opened.
From the moment we arrived we felt like family! Marcel and Angele could not do enough for us and our family. My husband and I stayed in Room B2 overlooking the beautiful Ginnenkenweg. Marcel and Angele clearly have an eye for detail; the rooms were immaculate, beds extremely comfortable and the rain shower heavenly! To be fair both rooms B6 & B2 are mirror images so you wont be disappointed with either room, B6 now overlooks the terrace where you can relax in the sun.
Food here is superb, come and enjoy some of Marcel's culinary delights!. Both Angele and Marcel have worked in hotels all over the world, hence their keen attention to detail and customer service. We have never eaten such high quality tasty food from our breakfast each morning (the Birchermuesli is a must!) to the fantastic evening meals. They sell a number of products so you can take a little piece of Block 62 home with you too. Call in for a coffee and a slice of Angele's cake - you will be made so welcome!
We had intended to return to visit our daughter earlier this month but Block 62 was booked, we could not revisit Breda and consider staying anywhere else thus we postponed our trip and will be returning for a week commencing 17th October 2012.
We have been fortunate to stay in some stunning hotels around the world, you will not be disappointed at the accomodation... or perhaps a little, when it comes time to leave!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Block 62? Share your experiences!