“Take your earplugs with you or go out till 5 in the morning!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel De la Bourse
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Markt 37, 6211 CK Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Maastricht
Amsterdam
“Take your earplugs with you or go out till 5 in the morning!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Yes the hotel is situated on one of Maastrichts fine squares, but a warning from the hotel about the loud music would be nice. We had a room at the front of the hotel and till 5 in the morning there was such loud music going on the room actually shook at one moment! The next day we rushed to the pharmacist to get earplugs right away. The following night it was even worse, thank heavens for earplugs. So or get earplugs or go out yourself till 5 and you don't have a problem. For the rest the hotel was okay, a bit dated but that is fine for the money you pay. The breakfast was nothing fancy but okay. For me no return visit to this hotel ever again, but the city is wonderful

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

just returned from our second stay at this hotel last stay nov 2008 every thing was first class rooms cleaned &towels changed every day staff very pleasant good bar/resturant servise one staff melisa was excellant bar open till 5am,,prime position for shopping ect would recommend this hotel for a budget weekend break we took a private party of 40 people <five star travel group>

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The main plus point is the hotel's location: city center. Very friendly staff. Room and shower were tiny. The buffet breakfast was OK but unremarkable. Music is from the 60-70 or not even the average Dutch bands; terrible. Food too much and not very special.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
leeuwarden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed 1 night while on route. The hotel has a good center city location. Good restaurant and friendly staff. Room was small but pleasant. Walking through the center of Maastricht is a good way to stretch the legs after a days driving. Plenty of restaurants to choose from but we were happy with La Bourse.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner patio have no view but have no street noise at night.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times. New this year was free wifi as promised last year. Good connection in my room. Also, keys have been replaced by key cards.
The staff and owner of this hotel are extremely friendly and helpful. It's located right on Markt Square, which is centered by the City Hall. Two block walk to the River Maas, and three blocks to the Vrijthof.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Roodepoort, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Excellent value for money, definitely one of the best breakfasts we had in 2 weeks, great location, large, pretty and airy room on the first floor overlooking the square, friendly staff, had our own bathroom. We really liked this hotel and would not even consider staying somewhere else if we ever stay in Maastricht again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danie & Hanneli... B
ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We booked this hotel for the nights of 13th and 14th August. The hotel staff were very friendly and checked us in - I was given a map of the area etc.
My wife went up to the room on the top floor, while I finished checking in. I then went up to the room (Room 28, I think). Going up the stairs there was a strange smell which got stronger the higher I climbed. I walked into the room to find my wife trying to open the roof window with a pole. This was the serviceable window in the room. The strange smell was very strong in the room. I immediately decided because of the smell AND the lack of windows (it was like being in a prison cell) that I was not staying in that room.
I must emphasize that we travel widely and frequently and are extremely easy to please - we usually look for 2/3 star hotels that provide a CLEAN bed & washing facilities. That is our only requirement - if a hotel has other amenities or is plush we take it, but it is not important to us.
I went downstairs to be told that there were no other rooms available. I explained that I could not stay in the room and I was offered an immediate refund, with a smile.
I must commend the staff for treating us as they did. In many establishments I am sure that the fact that I had booked through another company (booking.com) some weeks previously would have caused some issues getting a refund.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Maastricht hotels