“Nice hotel, great breakfast but a bit far from the center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Randwyck

Save Saved
You added Hotel Randwyck to your Saves list
Hotel Randwyck
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Endepolsdomein 30, 6229 EM Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #25 of 40 Maastricht B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice hotel, great breakfast but a bit far from the center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. We were in the luxury family apartment which was very big and and very beautiful - probably one of their best rooms.
It was very clean, had a nice and simple but elegant decor.
The reception staff was average and breakfast the next day was quite good with a decent choice of cold cuts, cheeses, jam, waffles and pastries and breads.

Since we were on visit as tourists with our main interests being the center, Hotel Randwyck was a bit far from the center.

Overall we enjoyed our stay very much, though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I would call this an average hotel (despite the 4 *). I booked the hotel through an auction for 2 nights. It seemed cheap, however when checking in it cost me another 92 euros (parking, breakfast and tourist tax - all 2 persons). That made it still quite reasonable, but there are better options in Maastricht.

On the other hand: The hotel looks nice and the desk personnel was very helpful. The rooms were average, with a coffee maker, regrigarator and room safe. The TV though is very, small ( but HD quality). The bathroom looks nice but needs some renovation (we had room 252). The beds and decks are wonderful, I and my wife slept great.

Breakfast is average, nothing special. There is not really a bar, but the hotel has a facility to serve you all kinds of sodas and many (Belgian and Limburgs) biers.

Room Tip: The hotel is okay, but nothing special. It is located right across the railway station Randwyck. On...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Modi'in, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you are in Maastricht for the conference center - then this hotel is perfect. It's just 1 minute walk to the conference center (MECC) and to the train station.
The room was big but not very clean. Small TV, average beds. Breakfast buffet was fine and hotel staff were friendly and speak good English.
The hotel is not close to the city center or to any stores or shopping center, but is serviced by frequent public transport.
Only come here if you need the conference center.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lima, Peru
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel looks nice at first. My first bad experience came when dealing with their staff. At first I thought it was a cultural issue but then I noticed the only people treating me bad in the netherlands are the people working at this hotel. I left a key for a bycicle for one of my travel companions in the front desk, when he went to pick it up, they said they didn't have it. When I went for it, they told me they couldn't get it because it was either in the safe (and they didn't have the combination) or in the trash bin because they don't keep things for their guests in the front desk.

I left a used ceramic cup on my nightstand on friday. It's still there (I would've washed it, but I want to see if they'll just leave it there untill I leave). My sheets have holes in them and it's had the same hole since last week, so apparently they're not changing the sheets. I have reason to believe the towels aren't being changed either.

I wanted to have breakfast one morning... when they saw me eating they YELLED at me "you don't have breakfast included!!". I asked them to charge it to my room and their answer was: "No, you pay upfront" (by the way, their breakfast was 14 euro... a bit too expensive if you ask me).

The internet connection was practically non existant. When you managed to get a signal (a task only achievable by staying near the front desk), you had to do so at 3:00am - 6:00am, because if too many people were connected they overloaded the network, so no pages would load.

I bought some food for my room and asked them if I could borrow a fork and knife. Their answer? "No, you might steal it".

Finally, I travelled with a big group and me and my male roomate asked for a room with separate beds. What they did was put us in a room with a matrimonial bed. When we complained about it, their answer was: "Ask some girls if they'll switch rooms with you, girls don't mind sleeping together".

Room service was literally non existant.

Sound like a four star hotel? Hopefully you will never have to go through the frustrating, miserable experience of staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Driehuis, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The bed was very nice and soft (which I prefer personally). The double room is spacious enough. It looks like that the bathroom was renovated recently and looks really nice. They offer you a shower cap, razor blades and a toothbrush as well as toothpaste. All the rooms have different styles. Accessibility by car is not too good; the train station "Maastricht Randwyk" is less than 5 minutes walking and it takes three minutes from this station to Maastricht "Central" station. Wi-Fi is for free, but my iPhone couldn't connect to the network whereas my iPad could.

The bar has different kinds of drinks, varying from liquors, champagne or coke. We have seen British and Flemish guests during our stay.

The staff was not extremely friendly, but still kind and good knowledge of the surroundings and the facilities. Breakfast (Sunday between 7 and 10 AM) was sufficient. They offer prosecco and salmon, as well as fresh croissant and sugared waffles but they don't offer "basic" items such as scrambled eggs or bacon. Coffee is good, although the juices they offer are bottled and from which I know they are incredibly sugared artificially.

The surroundings of the hotel are not very nice. If you use this hotel just to spend the night in the neighborhood of Maastricht, this hotel is worth choosing. The hotel has got five stars, although I would personally give them only stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Romford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The bed bases could have been bigger to support mattress as matress overlapped bed base. The rest of the stay was very satisfactory, staff very courteous and helpfull could of not wished for a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Really nice hotel with and lovely staff. This Hotel is very near the Rhandwyck railway station. It has many 2 bedroom suites, with a refridgerator but unfortunately no cooking facilities, so not great if you want a place to cook. Not very close to the city centre (10 min by bus), but if your at a conference or visiting MU it is a perfect location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Randwyck? Share your experiences!