“Absolutely horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Randwyck

Save Saved
You added Hotel Randwyck to your Saves list
Hotel Randwyck
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Endepolsdomein 30, 6229 EM Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #24 of 40 Maastricht B&B and Inns
Lima, Peru
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel looks nice at first. My first bad experience came when dealing with their staff. At first I thought it was a cultural issue but then I noticed the only people treating me bad in the netherlands are the people working at this hotel. I left a key for a bycicle for one of my travel companions in the front desk, when he went to pick it up, they said they didn't have it. When I went for it, they told me they couldn't get it because it was either in the safe (and they didn't have the combination) or in the trash bin because they don't keep things for their guests in the front desk.

I left a used ceramic cup on my nightstand on friday. It's still there (I would've washed it, but I want to see if they'll just leave it there untill I leave). My sheets have holes in them and it's had the same hole since last week, so apparently they're not changing the sheets. I have reason to believe the towels aren't being changed either.

I wanted to have breakfast one morning... when they saw me eating they YELLED at me "you don't have breakfast included!!". I asked them to charge it to my room and their answer was: "No, you pay upfront" (by the way, their breakfast was 14 euro... a bit too expensive if you ask me).

The internet connection was practically non existant. When you managed to get a signal (a task only achievable by staying near the front desk), you had to do so at 3:00am - 6:00am, because if too many people were connected they overloaded the network, so no pages would load.

I bought some food for my room and asked them if I could borrow a fork and knife. Their answer? "No, you might steal it".

Finally, I travelled with a big group and me and my male roomate asked for a room with separate beds. What they did was put us in a room with a matrimonial bed. When we complained about it, their answer was: "Ask some girls if they'll switch rooms with you, girls don't mind sleeping together".

Room service was literally non existant.

Sound like a four star hotel? Hopefully you will never have to go through the frustrating, miserable experience of staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Driehuis, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The bed was very nice and soft (which I prefer personally). The double room is spacious enough. It looks like that the bathroom was renovated recently and looks really nice. They offer you a shower cap, razor blades and a toothbrush as well as toothpaste. All the rooms have different styles. Accessibility by car is not too good; the train station "Maastricht Randwyk" is less than 5 minutes walking and it takes three minutes from this station to Maastricht "Central" station. Wi-Fi is for free, but my iPhone couldn't connect to the network whereas my iPad could.

The bar has different kinds of drinks, varying from liquors, champagne or coke. We have seen British and Flemish guests during our stay.

The staff was not extremely friendly, but still kind and good knowledge of the surroundings and the facilities. Breakfast (Sunday between 7 and 10 AM) was sufficient. They offer prosecco and salmon, as well as fresh croissant and sugared waffles but they don't offer "basic" items such as scrambled eggs or bacon. Coffee is good, although the juices they offer are bottled and from which I know they are incredibly sugared artificially.

The surroundings of the hotel are not very nice. If you use this hotel just to spend the night in the neighborhood of Maastricht, this hotel is worth choosing. The hotel has got five stars, although I would personally give them only stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Romford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The bed bases could have been bigger to support mattress as matress overlapped bed base. The rest of the stay was very satisfactory, staff very courteous and helpfull could of not wished for a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Really nice hotel with and lovely staff. This Hotel is very near the Rhandwyck railway station. It has many 2 bedroom suites, with a refridgerator but unfortunately no cooking facilities, so not great if you want a place to cook. Not very close to the city centre (10 min by bus), but if your at a conference or visiting MU it is a perfect location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
stoke
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Saff were helpful and friendly. Good with directions and for taxis into town etc.

Good size room in a quiet part of town adjacent to the conference centre.

Has a bar and limited food options (nuts etc) although breakfast was quite good.

It is away from the town centre but can be walked easily and the second half of the walk is along side of the river. Pleasant 15 - 20 minute walk on a sunny day.

Would put as 3 star at a push but adequate for us as we were on a one night "stop over" on a motorcycle trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Heidelberg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I'll certainly never return here. Not only were things stolen from my room (from inside my bag!), but the front desk staff was incredibly unhelpful and EXTREMELY rude about it. I was promised that at least an email would be send to the manager (who could not be reached for such an unimportant problem such as theft inside the hotel), and that he would in turn send me an email, but to this date no email has reached me. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Palo Alto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I went to a conference there about a month ago. I chose this hotel because it was close to the train station (5 minutes walk to Maastricht Randwyck station), and it had free wifi. I made the reservation through an email. The staff responded with the confirmation promptly. I was happy about that. The staffs working at the front desk were nice and helpful. The room was big enough for one person. The breakfast cost 13 euro extra per day, but was good. There is no restaurant in the hotel. It is about 30 minutes walk or 10 minute bus ride to the middle of the town where you can find plenty of good restaurants. There is a fitness center on the ground floor. There are treadmill, bicycle and eliptical machines there.
Now the problems. I have the same experience as another reviewer about the bathroom, wifi and house keeping. However, the worst part was that I got bug bites in my room. Originally I thought I got mosquito bites, but after the third night I was convinced that they were from the bed. There were over 30 bug bites over my legs and arms. They looked like bed bug bites when I compared them to the images on the internet. I also found ink like stains (these are bed bug feces) on the sheet. I told the front desk, and I got changed to a different room. I did not get more bite, but the itch and rash lasted over 2 weeks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Randwyck? Share your experiences!