“Clarification for the Poshoorn” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel de Poshoorn
Stationsstraat 47, Maastricht 6221 BN, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #31 of 40 Maastricht B&B and Inns
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
“Clarification for the Poshoorn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2005

We have stayed at the Hotel Poshoorn many times over the last several years. I just wanted to respond to the previous review.
Our last stay there was just two weeks ago. We have stayed in maybe three different rooms there. I would not recommend it for families, due to the stairway and fact that it is above a smoky bar. We usually stay on the 3rd floor and have never been bothered by noise from the bar...although I would imagine in the summertime, if you have your windows open, you will hear bar patrons outside.
I am disappointed in the maintenance of the hotel. We stayed in the same room that we stayed in last September. The safety handle in the shower was loose then, and is still loose. Lightbulbs need replacing, sheets were not changed during our 6 night stay...
As much as I hate to say it (as we have always been treated well there and I love the big windows), I think we will be staying at a different hotel next time we go to Maastricht.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

The best thing about this hotel is its' proximity to the train station, a 5 minute walk. The price was reasonable, as well.

One of our first problems was climbing 4 flights of stairs with a 3 and 4 year old which is next to impossible (even more so if you have large luggage).

The cafe downstairs is possibly the smokiest place I've ever been. When you first check in, you have to go through the bar. I felt terrible for my kids to have to breathe all that smoke. However, once you're checked in, you can use the side door.

The first night we stayed there was some sort of party going on (I think it was in the bar) that kept me up until 2am. Thankfully, my children were able to sleep through it (don't ask me how).

In terms of cleanliness, I'd say this was somewhat dusty. The furniture is old and needs replacing. The twin beds that we had were adequate but the rollaway bed provided (so that they could call it a quad) seemed very rickety and would never hold an average sized adult. My son only weighs 36 lbs, thank goodness.

I would not stay here again. I'll pay for the cab to take me across the river to a more quaint section of Maastricht. I'd also pay more money for better accommodations. That being said, I did find the staff to be polite, if not friendly. I suppose if you are a student and are looking for a place to crash after a night of partying, this will do...

• Stayed December 2004

Been to Hotel de Poshoorn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel de Poshoorn

Address: Stationsstraat 47, Maastricht 6221 BN, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > Limburg Province > Maastricht
Ranked #31 of 40 B&Bs / Inns in Maastricht
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel de Poshoorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel de Poshoorn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.