“Efficient, no-frills and very well-located” 4 of 5 stars

Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boschstraat 27, 6211 AS Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #26 of 38 hotels in Maastricht
Cairo
“Efficient, no-frills and very well-located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Maastricht is small and can be easily walked or cycled, but this hotel is close to the river, the town square and charming cobblestone sidestreets that lead to it that are dotted with boutiques, restaurants, cafes and the Basilica. The rooms are spacious but completely basic. The toiletries offered are limited to tiny tubes of hand soap and bath gel so bring your own. Breakfast was excellent but I did not spend time at the hotel otherwise. The reception is manned by the same person who might be simultaneously replacing coffee or making omelettes at the breakfast bar so be patient, the staff is friendly but multitasking. Munch on the great mints in a bowl at the front desk while you wait...
I was given a ground floor room which I would change if I were to come again because I did not like keeping the curtains drawn all the time I was in, also, it can get a little rowdy outside on Saturday nights.
I would come back to this hotel and Maastricht though.

Room Tip: Do not select ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Troon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Merits a 2 star, dirty, shabby hotel with unfriendly staff. Rooms dirty, reception area had dirty dishes. We had booked 3 nights and immediatley asked for a refund which they refused. No refund - total scam! We booked into a hotel a block away for the same rate but far superior!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in Maastricht. The rooms are utterly basic, just enough room for a moderate sized double bed, but not big enough to make much room for sitting in the two chairs, which are not designed for comfort.
We ate out, every meal, because the Markt square is a two minute walk and offers a huge variety of better and cheaper options, even for breakfast.
The staff are cheerful, professional and helpful, mostly. Our room was not well-serviced, and the safe didn't work, even after several visits by staff.
You'd stay here for a base, but not for luxury.

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms, overlooking the cobbled street. Cars on cobbles are always noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, July 29, 2013

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in June and couldn't really fault it. While it's definitely not a 4 star it was clean and wasn't missing anything. The rooms weren't massive, about what you'd expect in a European city. The location is excellent, less than a 5 minute walk to the Vrijthof. Staff were fairly friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, July 18, 2013

Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a very good stay here and would have happily stayed longer. A "5" rating might be a bit generous, 4.75 might be more realistic, but for a large chain hotel it is very good indeed. Our rooms were very clean, sensibly furnished and designed, and the beds were quite comfortable. The furniture may not have been elegant, but it served the prupose, was in good condition and having a second easy chair was a blessing. The front desk staff was pleasant, helpful and efficient, but busy. The buffet breakfast was very nice indeed, as were the box lunches we ordered one day. The hotel is on the edge, rather than in the center, of the historic area but is a doable and pleasant walk to most of the sights. The bathroom including the tub/shower was good, although a very short person might have difficulty stepping into the very high tub. One quibble, hand and bath towels are provided, but not wash clothes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, July 16, 2013

Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great position but it is not a Deluxe Hotel, the rooms are very small, bathroom not on a deluxe standard, the bath is very very deep to step into and over bath shower, the shower is not a power shower in fact hardly any power at all!!. The position of the spare toilet roll is hilarious you have to be a giant to reach it. I complained about the lack of air con and it was sorted before we got back that night, most staff very helpful, breakfast is extortionate for what you get, fried egg or omelette, the usual meats, cereal, bread £14 euro!!!. waited half an hour this morning for omelette, this being served by the Manager, she forgot!! on checking out the same Manager asked if everything had been ok, when i went on to tell her my suitcase lock had been taken out of suitcase she basically called me a liar, she didn't handle this at all well, it took her about 5mins of verbal altercation for her to tell me she would look into it. I mean you go into a hotel with a lock on your case put it inside your case and then its gone!! what else are you expected to think, she was having none of it. So it must have been the fairies!!!! BE WARNED. This was not a cheap stay either, 3 nights stay and 3 breakfasts £644.50 euro not worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Maik Willems

Been to Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum? Share your experiences!