“Not great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
London
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Arrived at the hotel around 11am, room not ready till 2pm. A bit of a hassle but not a big deal. We came back several hours later, upon checking in we were asked to pay for the city tax, we thought it was included in the price we booked, paid in advance. Its not much so we decided to pay in cash. Checking out the next day, we were told that we owe the hotel the city tax, we explained we paid in cash when we checked in and she gave us a bad eyed. Looks like the check in staff pocketed our cash?!
The hotel is very close to the city centre, the room looks tired and definitely in need of re decoration.
One good thing about the hotel is Wifi is free. I would explore other options if I have to come back to Maastricht again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 9 nights.
the room was of good size , comfortable and the toilet was also good.
The breakfast was so boring same items everyday.
the price was so expensive 93 euros per night too much for mastricht i could have better rates!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, February 1, 2013

Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The room was cold and the heater was not working.
I had to print the boarding pass from the pc of the hotel, but the pc was not connected to any printer. The staff asked me to send them the file to print by email, but in my case it was impossible, because I didn't have the file to send in my email, and it was impossible to print to pdf because of the setting of the hotel's pc.
I asked me to help me with the pc of reception, but they said me it was not possible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Big hotel, within 400m of one of the main squares. Big enough rooms. Limited free overnight street parking spaces across the road. Otherwise there is a paid parking block, adjoining the hotel. Good breakfast. Reception staff could be better, e.g. there were not helpful in giving directions and were very slow checking people out in the morning. There was a library/smoking room, equipped with a pool table. Expensive enough hotel for familes.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, not facing on to the main street outside.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Maastricht.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The weather was fantastic, the location is at 5 minutes walking frothe center, really nice, personals are very friendly and kind.
The problem was the price that was realy high, the cleanness and the service was at the top, and the main problem was that very few international tv channels was permitted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Maastricht / Centrum, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Maastricht.

East Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

A little concerned about staying here as I read the reviews after I had booked it, but I needn't have been worried. Very central, easy to find in the car. Friendly staff on reception, didn't eat there but restaurant looked decent, didn't have breakfast as it was pricey and there are LOTS of lovely cafes 5 minutes walk away (literally turn left out of front door and you will find the first square). Twin room, clean bathroom, comfy bed, cable TV. Big fridge to put our own drinks in, always a bonus! Kettle supplied but paper cups for the coffee, a bit odd.

We were on the fourth floor, at the front, had to close the window at chucking out time from the pubs due to taxi noise, but it is a city centre on a Saturday night so no surprises there! Parking is round the corner (only a 100 yards away,if that) in a secure underground car park, worth the 15 euros charge, especially as were able to checkout then leave the car for another couple of hours to go do some shopping before we left town! Overall, a very pleasant stay, would definitely sat there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bournemouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here two nights while installing my daughter at Maastricht University.
Good points : Friendly and helpful staff with excellent English. Room clean. I found bed very comfortable (but I like my beds to err on the soft side).
Bad points: room very small for a double. Ground floor room very exposed to passing pedestrians. Ground floor also houses laundry or similar and there was a faint odour as of unwashed jeycloths along the corridor.
Parking €15 per night, and a bit of a trek if you've much luggage.

Can't comment on the food as I didn't eat there at all, but hotel generally seemed a bit expensive for what it was - i.e a Travelodge /Premier Inn equivalent.
No room service as far as I could make out.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bastion Hotel Maastricht / Centrum? Share your experiences!