Arrived at the hotel around 11am, room not ready till 2pm. A bit of a hassle but not a big deal. We came back several hours later, upon checking in we were asked to pay for the city tax, we thought it was included in the price we booked, paid in advance. Its not much so we decided to pay in cash. Checking out the next day, we were told that we owe the hotel the city tax, we explained we paid in cash when we checked in and she gave us a bad eyed. Looks like the check in staff pocketed our cash?!
The hotel is very close to the city centre, the room looks tired and definitely in need of re decoration.
One good thing about the hotel is Wifi is free. I would explore other options if I have to come back to Maastricht again.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht Centrum
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht/Centrum offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, air-conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers wellness facilities, which guests can use for free, air-conditioning and free wireless internet in the entire hotel. In the lobby the hotel has a computer available, for guests, for free use of the internet. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht/Centrum is located in the centre of Maastricht. Maastricht knows twenty ages of history, that are still visible in the town centre. The churches, treasure rooms and houses show a rich history, together with the city walls and the tunnels. From the hotel cities like Liege and Aachen are well accessible. Rooms The hotel has 115 comfortable deluxe rooms, 4 family rooms and 4 suites. The deluxe rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The family rooms have the same facilities as the deluxe rooms, but there are 4 individual beds. The suites are more spacious and are extra fitted with 2 separate beds and a sleeping sofa. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 06:00 to 09:00 and in weekends from 07:00 to 10:30. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 until 23:00 for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open until 23.30. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Bastion Deluxe Hotel Maastricht / Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.