“Decent hotel but a bit far from the centre of town” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Tulip Apple Park Maastricht

Save Saved
You added Golden Tulip Apple Park Maastricht to your Saves list
Golden Tulip Apple Park Maastricht
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pierre de Coubertinweg 3, 6225XT Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #21 of 38 hotels in Maastricht
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel but a bit far from the centre of town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

It's a decent clean modern hotel mainly catering for business travellers and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I stayed here while on a road trip with a friend of mine. The hotel is located outside of the centre of town, so your options for getting in to the centre are either a 12 Euro taxi ride, a 3 Euro bus fare, or you can walk in. The walk is a 20 to 40 minute walk depending on how fit you are. Also I would only recommend doing the walk during the day as you need to pass through some sketchy looking housing estates.

The interior design of the place is just bizarre . It was apparently designed by a respected artist who had a lot to say about America and prison and politics. This can be unnerving when you come back from a night on the town in a altered state of mind. I also don't know how the staff cope with the harsh green lighting behind the reception desk.

A note about the "hidden" extras which will be added to your final bill. Parking is 10 Euros a day, but if you want there is free parking 50 meters away from the hotel around the front of the hotel near the restaurant. Of course it's not secure parking, and the staff will discourage you from parking there, so it's up to you if you want to take the risk. Once you've put your car in the official lot you are stuck for the first ten Euros. There is also a city hotel tax which is not mentioned in the rate, I believe this was six Euros a day. Finally there is breakfast. It's a good breakfast, but 20 Euros a meal is a bit steep for a continental buffet even if it is all you can eat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lyons-la-Foret, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Hotel located outside city. Price was 89€ (no TVA included) and we had to pay 2 x 7€ for local tax. The hotel thus becomes overpriced. Beds 200x80 (too narrow) and the pillow was stone hard.
Nice room but we would have appreciated curtains to block out the light of day in the morning.
We did not take breakfast: 18 € (=approx 36,-- GLD !) per person.
There is a McDo around the corner, alternative is the city centre with lots of lovely terraces.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Aschaffenburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I had a very urgent meeting in Maastricht. So I booked the Hotel at the same day as I arrived. Most Hotels where booked out. So I booked the Golden Tulip Apple Park in Maastricht.

I am very often in Hotels all around the world. So my requirments or "must have" to a Hotel are very exactly: I need a clean room. I need a quite Hotel. I need a good breakfast and I need the chance to have a good dinner in the Hotel in nice atmosphere.
All my requirements where fulfilled in this Hotel. The staff in the Restaurant was good trained and very supportive. The dinner was excellent and the breakfast was good. The rooms where clean and the floor (executive floor) was quite.

Due to my late booking I was only able to have an expensive room (190 €). The lady for check in was maybe new and did know too much about mileage programs etc. BTW: Miles and more is not supportet!! Anyway, everybody had a "first day" so no need to be upset. After check in I recognize that I have a room on the executive floor. Wow! And there is an extra check in/out counter for VIP and Executive floor occupants. Wow!

So I get up to my room and was looking forward to see it but the room was absolut standard. Two beds, seperated from each other. normal bathroom. television etc.

After checking my room I went downstairs to the restaurant. I had a salat, come cheese and some white wine. It was all very delicous and the staff is well trained. They cover the higher service standard.

Later in my room I watched some TV. The room is equipped with water. Nothing more. A fridge is there but not filled. Around 10:30pm I get hungry again and "fortunately" the minibar is not equipped. Some guy wrote that there is an automat on the floor. I did not saw one but I also did not looked for it. I only thought that it is strange to have no mini bar in this Hotel.

I slept very good. Hotel was very quite. In the morning I went down for breakfast. Breakfast was also OK but standard. The coffe machine is a good one. You can brew your coffee by your own. They have two machines but there was always a "coffee jam". Too many people want to have coffee at the same time. So you have to cue and to wait. Not a good solution.

The check out was same standard as check-in. This time I cued in the "VIP" row but the lady did not want to come to me so i had to go to her. She was not too friendly. I wanted to buy the glass bottles they have for the water. Very nice bottles. They have it in the display to sell it as a souvenir. Around 20 €. I asked her to give it to me. She did not understood what I wanted. After I explained she told me "Go to the restaurant. They do it."
I refused because I only want to buy and go out of Hotel. So I startet back w/o the bottles.

My resumee is: Good Hotel, Staff should be more trained to the higher level costumers. If not they should go down with the price. At the end I am asking me: Where was/is the advantage to stay on an exectutive floor?

For this price I will never book again in this Hotel but I saw that there are cheaper rooms. For 50 or 70 eus the Hotel is OK.

The lady

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

needed a place to stay and found it a wonderful place with very nice staff.
wifi is free in the lobby and they told us that upfront... nice room nice bathroom great water pressure .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Decent hotel, neat n clean rooms. What ticked us off was that nowhere on their website do they mention they charge for wifi in the rooms (13euros), the guy who gave us the code voucher at the reception didnt mention it either. Though they do have free wifi in the lounge.
The hotel is away from the center, but that worked for us since they have public and private parking. So average on the whole.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

In January my husband and I stayed here for one night. We were a bit dissapointed. The room itself was fine, bathroom was very clean, but it was SOOOO hot at night!!!
We couldn't sleep at all!!! We had to open the small window for some fresh, COLD air, but then we were kept awake by the loud traffic, allll night long! Really terrible!

We also ate in the restaurant. We had the buffet. Also dissapointing... Soup was really salt, bread was so hard I couldn't even break it and there was too little choice for us. Just pasta, chicken, white rice etc... Things you could eat at home, not something you would expect in a restaurant.

Good things: Breakfast, clean (bath-)room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010 via mobile

We love this hotel, we've been coming here forva few years now and we simply love the staff. They do get out of theirvway to please you and put extra effort in. Location is ideal for us, room are spacious.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Golden Tulip Apple Park Maastricht? Share your experiences!