“Great hotel, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beaumont

Save Saved
You added Hotel Beaumont to your Saves list
Hotel Beaumont
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wycker Brugstraat 2, Maastricht 6221 EC, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #4 of 37 hotels in Maastricht
Southlake, Texas
“Great hotel, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

This a great hotel in a great location - close to the train station and not too far from the city center. Room was small but adequate and was very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful and spoke English. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Stratford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

This was the second time I stayed at the Beaumont. The first time was in the main building, which was beautiful. This time was in the "Residence" which is across the street from the main building. The "Residence" is much more of a traditional hotel - nothing special. Although the front desk folks speak English, I was surprised that they didn't seem that comfortable with the language. I would expect them to be a little more international savvy. For instance, I arrived around noon after flying all night from the US, and all I wanted was a bed and a phone. Although my phone was supposed to be ready for international travel, it was not. Not only could the Beaumont not provide my room, they could not/would not help with a phone. Even when I had finally been able to check into my room, I had trouble dialing local - even though they had verified the phone number I was dialing was local...so I had to call the US to have them call my local friends for me...which of course meant I had to wait until much later in the day for them to be up in the US. When I asked my friends about it, they said I shouldn't have dialed 2 of the numbers that were required to dial from the US, but not from the Netherlands...I would've thought the folks at the front desk could help with that - or at least find the answer. I did have dinner one night at the restaurant, as well as drinks. It is very nice - food and service are great.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

The hotel is very close to the trainstation and all the attractions of Maastricht. Service in Holland is usually a difficult subject in Holland, but in the Beaumont Hotel they give you the service you would expect of a four star hotel. Our standard room was ok. Nice wooden floor and attractive shower area. Next time I would probably spend a bit more for the deluxe room. The highlight of our stay was the four course dinner in Beaumont's beautiful restaurant. Great food in a perfect ambiance. Our table was close to the open kitchen and we could "spy" at the chef's work, Nice!. Breakfast was good though very crowded. In one sentence: Beautiful hotel, good service. great restaurant.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Beaumont Hotel is located between the train station and the old city center.
From the hotel, almost every touristic point of interest can be reached on foot.
The hotel is modern, clean and sports a well trained polite staff.
The rates are economic and in fair balance to quality provided. The breakfast is the best I have experienced in a city hotel so far.
Points of attention : although the hotel website might give you the idea this is a small boutique hotel, it is actually quite large and is more of a business place. The atmosphere is cool. There is only one elevator, which at checkout time makes you use the stairs. The hotel garage can only be reached by walking the street. The street next to the hotel is noisy so beware. I would go back, on a business trip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Gouda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Spent just one night there, but we enjoyed it. Location is perfect. Everybody is very friendly. Room was spacious, simple, but just fine. Value for money is good. Breakfast was everything u need, including fresh orange juice. Would go there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

we had a room in the front, even with a little balcony!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I choose this hotel due to the high ratings on this site. I travel a good amount and know what I expect in a hotel. I had been before and that it was good so I took my boyfriend back for New Year's Eve. When I made the reservation I told them that we wanted a big room and I was told to order a superior room. On their website the superior rooms looked great. Upon arriving at the hotel the staff was friendly and the hotel looked great. We were early so they checked our bags and we explored the city a while. I ask the girl when we check our bags (and paid in advance) if we had a big room and she said yes. I only asked that I rather go with the steps and it it was a high floor, no problem.

We came back at 2pm and the room was not ready. We waited 20-25 minutes and then the room was ready. We went up to our big superior room to find a small room, with a small bed, 2 pillows (and no extra ones anywhere) no glasses, no water, no slippers (as was advertised on their website) and a rather strange flat screen TV on the wall - you could turn it a little and watch TV but you would have to either more the bed and sit up or stand.

I was not happy so I called the front desk to ask if there was a mistake. The girl answered the phone saying ' what is wrong now'. Which I felt was very rude. Then she told me there were no other rooms. Then she told me to hold on and I was disconnected. So I called back and got a male colleague that said there was another room, much bigger and a superior room but it was on the 5th floor. I told him this was fine. We went back down to exchange our keys and waited and waited. Then the rude girl took us to the other building and when our cards did not work she said the room was not ready. So we sat down and waited another 30 minutes (by now it was after 3pm and we were not so happy). Then a nice man came by and we asked about our room. He went and checked and there had a been a mix up - the room showed in the computer as not ready when it was. So another very professional guy took us up. The room was 2.5 times the size of the original room and with one great big bed, plenty of pillows, glasses, etc. We were happy. We had been told earlier that they no longer put glasses in the rooms for safety reasons but we could ask for glasses at the bar. The young man also arranged extra towels for us. At this point we were tired from the long check in, but happy with the room.
Later we looked for the free bottle of mineral water, not being able to find it, we called reception who informed us that they were phasing that out and offered nothing but an excuse. A little later we decided to shower before going out. As the room had a carpet floor and we had no slippers with us we began looking for our slippers. Not finding them we called again the reception and asked where to find the slippers. Again we were told that they were phasing it out so we told then it might be a good idea to update their website. Anyway they then brought one pair for the two of us. Guy was very professional.

The next morning we were awakened by housekeeping at the door, who insisted that we had to leave the room right away because we were supposed to check out. I told here that we had paid in advance for 2 nights. She still insisted and only left me alone after calling the front desk and getting confirmation. At this point we were getting irate with the hotel. I called and told the whole story and the young man said they would do something to make our visit better. Which he did, he brought a bottle of wine. Certainly a nice gesture.

Then about 1.5 hours later house keeping called and told me that we had to get out of the room in 15 minutes because they had to clean the room and that if we did not leave the room asap they would not clean it. I negotiated with her that we would be out in 30 minutes. Then my boyfriend and I hurried up and got dressed and left. After this is was ready to leave the hotel for good. I found another manager in the restaurant and told him what happened and explained that I spent much time in hotels , had specially chosen his hotel for a relaxing time.....but it was anything but relaxing. He was professional and said they would get back to us. I told him that we wanted one free night where EVERYONE left us alone.

That evening when we came back to the room to change for NYE party the management staff was gone and I was told to call back in the morning. I called back in the morning and the hotel manager told me they would cover the parking garage and give us a discount on the room. She also said that she would ask housekeeping to not disturb us. We agreed to this and decided to relax a day. But the window was broken and it was snowing so we got up and left the room in time and informed the reception that the window was broken - it was too cold so we needed them to fix it. The window was fixed when we came back to our room. Everyone left us alone. Breakfast the next day was okay and when we checked out we had a very professional guy.

All in all I would say that we were very disappointed. It was just too difficult to arrange things and if this was a high class hotel (as it looks) none of this should have happened. In addition the cleaning of the room was very poor. Most parts of the hotel were very nice and most of the staff was very professional. And when we complained (with back up evidence) they did their best. But the whole experience was not relaxing and we would not go back. The one rude girl at reception made us feel unwelcome, compared to her great professional colleagues. Also when we checked in we asked this girl where the "Grote Markt" was and she said just out the door and go right and keep walking. Not the best directions. Certainly while we saw her colleagues giving maps to other customers!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Beaumont? Share your experiences!