“Solid” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Beaumont

Save Saved
You added Hotel Beaumont to your Saves list
Hotel Beaumont
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wycker Brugstraat 2, 6221 EC Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #3 of 38 hotels in Maastricht
Berlin, Germany
“Solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Pros:
- excellent location
- excellent restaurant attached
- nicely designed (if you are in the main building)
- good breakfast
- reasonable value for money

Cons:
- rooms in the building across the street are not as nice as the ones in the main building - check what you are getting

Room Tip: Ask for room in main building
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Beaumont_Maastricht, Manager at Hotel Beaumont, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear guest 'Sassy_Traveller_82',

Thank you for your stay and sharing your experience.
Hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I must start this review by saying that I stayed at this hotel during the busy art fair TEFAF so hopefully during the rest of the year the hotel would offer a better value (we paid €165 for one night).

We arrived in the evening and we were asked immediately if we wanted to pay for an upgrade by saying that the upgraded room would be in the main building and with an elevator which I thought was a bit tacky since they could have offered the upgrade for free (we stayed for one night only and we left the morning after, staying for less than 18 hours in the hotel).

We then crossed the street to go into the Beaumont Residence building, walked two set of narrow stairs and entered our room. The room could not have been more than 15 sqm with a decor that reminded me definitely more of a youth hostel than David Chipperfield. The bathroom had a sliding door that didn't actually close properly. The shower was extremely tiny, difficult to move in and the shower head was full of scale.

The only positive thing I can say is that the hotel has an excellent location, right in the middle of the historical center and walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in the Beaumont Residence building!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Beaumont_Maastricht, Manager at Hotel Beaumont, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear guest ‘AngeloMaccaferri’,

Thank you for your stay at Hotel Beaumont. We are sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback.
Our hotel is housed in two buildings, the main building (Beaumont) and the Residence. You reserved a Basic room in our Residence. We would like to give all our guests the opportunity to stay in a room located in the main building, if still available. That’s the reason why we offered you an upgrade at check in.
As you already mentioned you stayed with us during ‘The European Fine Art Fair’ which is one of the most busiest days in a year. We are working with ‘best available rates’ based on supply and demand.
We apologize for the unpleasantness of your stay (the bathroom door which didn’t close properly and the shower which was full of scale) and hope that your next stay at a Beaumont room in the main building (Comfort, Superior or Deluxe room) is more positive. Thank you.

Best regards,
Bruges, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We enjoyed the Beaumont hotel very much. It's well located very close to the city center. Only a 5 minutes’ walk over the bridge. Rooms are classic but renovated with (free) bar, Nespresso coffee machine, TV and a small but nice bathroom. There is also a private parking available. The staff is very friendly and supportive. Dinner at Harry's resto was good with open kitchen. We enjoyed most the (extended) breakfast in the morning and the warm morning welcome by the staff. We recommend this cozy family hotel for a short stay. However the ones who expect a modern vacation hotel (which it is not) will be disappointed

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Beaumont_Maastricht, Manager at Hotel Beaumont, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear guest 'Laurent J',

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Beaumont. So nice to read that you had a lovely stay! We would love to welcome you again in the future!

Best regards,
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The staff was professional, cool perhaps almost officious and certainly not welcoming. Our room was not ready when we arrived in the early afternoon and they checked our luggage. The room we had was across the street from the main hotel. It was large, had a safe, tiny bathroom - accurately shown in hotel pictures and was furnished in a tired style; however, the bed was excellently firm and the bed linens very nice. They offer a free minibar in the room which consisted of 2 cans of beer, 2 cans of soda, and 2 bottles of water as well as a small can of Pringles. The internet connection was excellent. The location is outstanding as it is a short walk from the train station and a short walk across the bridge to the old part of the city - the historic side and this is the only reason I can see to recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest 'spectator',

Thank you for your stay and sharing your experience. We do apologize that you may not experience our hospitality. Hopefully we will get a second change in the near future so that we can show our honest hospitality and personal service, which have been the core values for more than 100 years in our family-run business.

Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is very close to the train station and only 10 minute walk to the city center,great bars and restaurants all around. The hotel staff were very helpful and polite. We loved our stay at this hotel and will certainly be coming back this year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest 'Scott A',

Thank you for sharing your experience and your five star review.
We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Kinds regards,
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I'm a bit late writing this review, but it has been on my to-do list since I stayed at the Beaumont last September 2013. This was my first trip to Maastricht and staying at the Beaumont gave me a very good first impression of the city. It is conveniently located just across the river from the city centre, the staff is warm and friendly and the hotel ambience is great. I contacted the hotel prior to my arrival to request a quiet and spacious room, as I would be staying there for 10 days with a very hectic work schedule. Rozien Beaujean promptly replied and advised me that a deluxe room in the hotel had been reserved for me. And deluxe it was indeed. The room was beautiful and very spacious, the decor is amazing and there is obvious attention to detail everywhere. The bed was so comfortable that I slept tremendously for the entire 10 nights, which is a first for me as I am a very poor sleeper.

Breakfast was probably the best I have had. The buffet was a good selection of fruit, pastries, breads, cereals and amazing homemade granola and yoghurt. The cooked options were also so delicious. I ordered dinner from Harrys to my room each evening and again the service, variety and food was amazing.

What was most impressive about this hotel was the outstanding customer service. People working at the front desk, in particular, were so helpful, friendly, warm, and professional. The ladies in the breakfast room were greeting me by name on day three, which I though was a lovely personalized touch. Leilani Sittrop made it her business to seek me out one morning to enquire as to how my stay was going and again contacted me on my return to Ireland. This is an independently owned hotel, which certainly provides a more unique, and personal experience than one would receive at the larger chain hotels.

Really all in all I could not fault this hotel at all and I have recommended it to all my colleagues who travel to Maastricht. The Beaumont has become one of our companies preferred hotels in Maastricht. So, if you are looking for a chic hotel right in the heart of Maastricht, then look no further.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Beaumont_Maastricht, Manager at Hotel Beaumont, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear guest ‘Italia1234’,

Thank you for the five star review of Hotel Beaumont. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. So nice of you to mention our staff and how helpful they were during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you again in Maastricht and ofcourse the Beaumont hotel.

Team Beaumont.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband surprised me by taking me to this hotel during Valentine's Day. We spent 2 nights at the Beaumont. Love the hotel. The location was also perfect. It was not on the same side of the water as the city - which I love because we got to walk across the bridge every day to go to the shopping area.

Service was excellent. All the staff were very helpful and courteous. The (recently renovated) room was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest 'Margo T',

Thank you for sharing your experience. We love to read that you have enjoyed your stay and Maastricht! The neighborhood Wyck (where our hotel is located) also has many fine shops, small independent shops often indistinguishable from the big chains.
We are looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Team Beaumont

Been to Hotel Beaumont? Share your experiences!