“Dirty, filthy, and terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tulip Inn Maastricht Aachen Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maastricht
Tulip Inn Maastricht Aachen Airport
You added Tulip Inn Maastricht Aachen Airport to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vliegveldweg 86, 6229 GV Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Maastricht
Mannheim, Germany
“Dirty, filthy, and terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I should not have counted on others to book hotel for me. It is not so much about the fact that it is old and run-down that bothers me about this place, more about the fact that it was filthy, dirty, and stinky. The room stinks slightly, because it was clear that some freshener was used to cover it, the stink came through despite the heavy artificial freshener smell. Next the carpet was filthy, some huge dirty, moldy spots here and there, the toilet looked like it hasnt been scrubbed for ages, the yellow water ring remains there stubbornly, the bathtub and worst of all the shower curtain were full of soap scum, the bottom of the shower curtain was orange color from the soap. Simply disgusting.

It is next to the airport, so be prepare for the noise till about midnight, and early morning. When a plane is taking off or landing, be prepare to feel the vibration from the air and the trembling window.

The breakfast was acceptable, nothing fancy, the only problem was, all the tables were not cleared up, and when I went there I couldn't find a clean table to sit down, and there was no one around to ask!

And btw, Internet was not working.

There was a shuttle which runs from the airport to the city center, it takes off from the airport, convenient for those without a car. It runs once per hour.

All in all, I really had strong dislike about tulip inn due to it's filthy state, I expected a clean hotel. The picture on the website was very deceiving.

Don't stay there.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leiden, Holland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The title of this review says it all. Nothing spectacular, just a basic 'motel-type'-room. If you can't or somehow don't want to stay in Maastricht, this is a cheap alternative. The airport won't bother you too much, as it's not really noisy (very small). Breakfast was great, value for money is great, overall it's poor.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I was on a business trip and stayed for one night. It was a convenient place to stay as my business partner's premises were just 5 minutes drive away. I booked a de luxe room which had tea/coffee making facilities. For one night it was adequate, clean but really well worn, the bed was fairly comfortable but the shower lacked any real power to do anything but get me wet! I was not bothered by any aircraft noise. I ate in the restaurant, the food was good, albeit a little pricey and I must say the waiting-on staff were excellent. The breakfast I thought was very overpriced for the €13.50 charged, the food available was on a par with what Camponile Hotels charge for about half of the price. The staff at reception were very efficient and most informative. It was convenient for me to stay here, but given a choice of somewhere else close by, I would go there and see what it was like.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had an early flight out of Maastricht so decided to stay here over night the night before hand to make it easier on ourselves.. Room was terrible.. we had to jam the door with some paper to stop it rattling. The room didn't feel clean or all that safe.. I didn't use the shower as it was quite off putting. However the hotel is pratically on the airport runway - so very close and convient. Plus the breakfast buffet was a pretty good spread.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Place was in-expensive. But you also get what you pay for. It was clean enough, but very dated and in dire need of upgrading. Still slept well. Bus stop is right outside with direct access to Maastricht which was nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

This seems to be a corner of the world which needs a few more mid-range hotels. We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night becuase everything else around was booked up.

On arrival at the hotel, I was amused to see that it was a motel style hotel, where the rooms were accessed from the carpark. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. They pointed me to my room and, ugh. The smell of carpet freshener to mask the odour of staleness and age. I opened the windows to try and air the place out. The bathroom was reasonably clean, but no amount of scrubbing would make the place better as it is done in 1970s style brown tiles. The hotel says it is a 3-star; I'd be pushed to give it 2.

The beds were sort of comfortable, but only just.

While my wife was out with friends on Saturday night, I ate in the hotel resturaunt. Pasta with ox-tail and vegetables. With what tasted like soysauce. I ate some, but had to leave it. I was surprised after to find a sticker on the door saying the resturaunt had been mentioned in the 2007 Michelin guide.

Breakfast the next day was not the best. Scrambelled eggs made of powdered egg, bacon, a pretty poor selection of cheese and cold meats. At at €13.50 per person I thought was way too expensive.

But for 50€ for the night, I could accept paying that price.

Would I be back? Not if I could help it, unless the whole place is refurbished from top to bottom.

Finally, I heard hardly any planes taking off or landing. I think the last in the evening was at 23.00, and the first in the morning was around 09.00.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Arundel, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

When I arrived I was welcomed by friendly staff at the reception desk and enjoyed a rather 'over-priced' ham & chesse baguette. The restaurant is quite spacious with a view out to the Aachen airport which is mainly used by cargo and light aircrafts. The room was quite basic with a rather poor shower and the floor wasn't the cleanest I have seen. Also hearing the traffic from the main road was a sleeping issue! As its next to a main road it can be conveinent to many customers and buses are every 30 mins to the town centre. Not ideal if you want to be near to town centre but good for long-distance travellers on the road needing a place to stay. I was here for two nights and another night may have been to many.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business