As other reviewers have stated there is no Air Conditioning and no fans were available despite temperatures of 32 degrees Celsius! We were booked into this hotel as part of the Andre Rieu package. We had visited Maastricht previously 3 years ago and stayed at the Design Townhouse which is slightly closer to the station, my mistake was that I thought we had booked the same hotel !!
Our room was ground floor, to side of reception past what appeared to be store rooms, not the best of positions bur as we were only staying two nights it was adequate and the room itself spacious and the bed very comfortable. As it was so hot we opened the window which only let in a couple of mozzies which we quickly accounted for. Needless to say the window was not left open for air at night.
Should we return again to Maastricht, a lovely city, I would choose to stay at the Design Townhouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampshire - Designhotel Maastricht is just a few minutes’ walk from the central station. The hotel is in the heart of the trendy Wyck district, known for its unique fashion boutiques, delicatessens, antique shops, interior and design shops and art galleries. The old city centre is within walking distance; ideal for a city walk along the Markt, Onze Lieve Vrouwebasiliek, ‘t Bassin and Vrijthof, enjoying a terrace cafe along the way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampshire - Designhotel Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Designhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Eden Designhotel Hotel