Good plae to stay for a business around University. Close to the main train station, close to the bridge and to the shopping area, nice pubs around, silent and you may sleep well. We were a group for meeting staying in separet rooms. Very clean, good service. The hotel consitis of a few buildings connected each other by stairs and elevators. Feels like those in Paris like very dense metropolitan cities where there is restricted fields to build a new hotel. So it seems that is also hard to find proper building in Maastricht centre. There are nice pictures and small details which aims to feel yourself be realy in a design hotel but? To be honest design hotel (I know its a chain) name inceased my expectation and when I saw it it was not like.... Anyhow the hotel is nice to stay, clean, enough comfortable rooms with large square metered, comfortable bathrooms, an empty refrigerator (hotel type), a water as a compliment, and a biscuit. You can not find a wine/bottle opener staff in the room. The elevators are working well but as they seem relatievely old (for a name carrying "design" word ) one may not feel comfortable. One of the elevator stops in a floor where the other one does not. Aircondition in the room, for some of us was not well functioning and the room was cold (not for everyone). The breakfast is sufficient but the cofee machine causes a que especially if you have something to do in the morning. The price is good for Maastricht area but higher than it deserves. May be reasonwas a business which was in a fixed date. Do not know the other periods. If you have a small group like 10 to have a allday meeting, the hotel may provide a very high quality service all day in another building which was realy good design (across the street a few buildings far away. It is well equipped and very conveient to work all day. As a summary I recommend the hotel for academic or business work especially. Rooms have some nice pictures but Design name requires some more in the hotel even if it is a chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampshire - Designhotel Maastricht is just a few minutes’ walk from the central station. The hotel is in the heart of the trendy Wyck district, known for its unique fashion boutiques, delicatessens, antique shops, interior and design shops and art galleries. The old city centre is within walking distance; ideal for a city walk along the Markt, Onze Lieve Vrouwebasiliek, ‘t Bassin and Vrijthof, enjoying a terrace cafe along the way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hampshire - Designhotel Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Designhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Eden Designhotel Hotel