The breakfast is excellent but 19.50 euros is out of proportion. No coffee maker in the room which seems like kind of basic amenity for a higher end hotel. Asked for a room with a good view and were given something "looking at the patio." That apparently is code for the inner walls of the hotel since that's all there was to see-- two other walls and a metal service staircase!
It was unbearably warm on the 3rd floor in June but there was no a/c. A fan was offered promptly by friendly staff but nothing more could be done. The window only partially opened and outside in the tunnel of walls/ "patio" was hotel machinery so there was a constant noisy drone. Had to live with that, though, as sleeping with windows closed and only the small fan was not an option.
The layout of the room was great, however: spacious living area, separate bath area (also roomy, but no tub), and a very comfortable bed. Staff asked the following morning at checkout how things were and we explained that this was the second time we'd been disappointed. She apologized and said she hoped there'd be a third visit that went much better and took my email address. This was a couple of days ago and I've not received anything but maybe mgmt will be writing? Not sure. It was nice that she was interested, at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Certified with the Silver Green Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Designhotel Maastricht - Hampshire Eden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Designhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Eden Designhotel Hotel