I was in Maastricht for a conference at MECC and decided to stay closer to the city centre (rather than in the industrial area around MECC). The hotel is very well situated for this purpose. It very close to the train and bus station, a 15 minute walk from MECC, and 10 minute walk from the city centre. There are also a number of decent restaurants and cafes nearby. The room I stayed in was very pleasant and the bed was quite comfortable. I liked the boutique style of the room with and the view over the street was also nice. The wifi was good enough for travel purposes (I could check e-mail and browse web sites). Also I enjoyed the free bottled water (I tend to drink a lot of water).
The only disappointment was the breakfast, which was a very continental affair. I prefer porridge and toast, to hard boiled eggs and meats and cheeses. However, this is the case with most continental hotels.
If you are looking for a hotel in Maastricht, I would definitely recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampshire - Designhotel Maastricht is just a few minutes’ walk from the central station. The hotel is in the heart of the trendy Wyck district, known for its unique fashion boutiques, delicatessens, antique shops, interior and design shops and art galleries. The old city centre is within walking distance; ideal for a city walk along the Markt, Onze Lieve Vrouwebasiliek, ‘t Bassin and Vrijthof, enjoying a terrace cafe along the way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hampshire - Designhotel Maastricht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Designhotel Hotel Maastricht
- Maastricht Eden Designhotel Hotel