“Great find in Maastricht” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Great find in Maastricht”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

First time trying Indian food in Maastricht. Will definitely return to this restaurant. We were a party of 3 people, ordered mulligatawny soup, aloo gobi, biryani, chicken vindaloo and a few other dishes. Everything was very good, very tasty with a nice blend of Indian spices. Like most Indian restaurants, they allow you to choose spice level for the dishes, which was great as one member of our party likes things on the hot side and he was pleased with the level of heat. I particularly enjoyed the chicken biryani as well as the rice by itself. The service was fantastic. Very friendly, efficient and accommodating staff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bonn, Germany
“Tasty, authentic and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you like authentic, freshly cooked authentic Indian Cuisine then India House is a place you shouldn't miss. Conveniently located near to a large car par, the Indian House restaurant has an intimate and homely feel. The staff are extremely friendly, but not in your face.

My only wish.....they open a restaurant in my home town

“Delicious Food, Lovely Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had diner here with our children (8 and 10), who ate from the regular menu (tandoo chicken/ chicken korma). I had a vegetable curry, and my wife ate paneer with spinach. Everything was freshly made and had a very delicate, subtle, not very hot taste. Homemade ice cream for desert was also very good. Service and atmosphere are friendly and familiar (there are relatively few tables).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lent
“Back in India”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Real nice food, spicy is spicy and not adjusted to the Dutch flavour. The restaurant is not all that cosy, but the food makes it worthwhile.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The ONLY place I eat Lamb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Indian House is my favorite Indian restaurant on 3 continents. I eat here every trip to Maastricht. The owner and his wife give a wonderful service and make you feel at home. If you don't know what you might like, talk to him, he will listen to your taste preferences and make a suggestion. There are so many choices that you will find something you like. I do not like lamb as I find the taste too strong, here, however, I truly enjoy it. He coaked me despite my heavy objections to give it a try and I am glad I did. He has also steered me away from dishes the he thought I would not like (After 20+ visits he knows what I like) I think the prices are in line with the other really good restaurants in Maastricht and much better quality than the run of the mill places on the freit hoff.

• Visited December 2012