“2 night stay in Maastricht” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel De L'empereur

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maastricht
BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel De L'empereur
You added BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel De L'empereur to your Saves list
Stationstraat 2 6221 Bp Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
London, United Kingdom
“2 night stay in Maastricht”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I would go along with what other have said about this hotel. On the plus side its extremely close to the station so very convenient for late arrivals/early starts. The reception area is smart enough and the staff helpful but I'm afraid the rooms (or at least our room) was just very average - not four star I'm afraid. The beds are soft which gave us back ache on the first night but somehow we had got used to it or were more relaxed on the second. Our room faced inwards which I thought would be quiet but there is quite a noisy air conditioner system or ventilation of some sort which means the rooms are noisy with the window open.We didn't have breakfast because of the price but we did enjoy the swimming pool which is nice.

All in all its functional and convenient but lacks character and n masstricht ther a remany mroe hoels that cna ofeer that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Marrakech, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

On leaving my year out to study in Holland I spent a night for the first time in a five star hotel with my partner. On arrival, we got a nice greeting and were impressed with the plush surroundings. But when we got into our room it looked like luxury had been left at the bottom floor!
Our room was a twin bed pushed together, ok we had an ensuite bathroom but there was nothing plush about it and certainly not the room. It had a tv which we'd to pay for on topof the expensive price of the room. Breakfast we had to pay extra for too! We took solace in the swimming pool which was nice.
I was absolutely gutted to see that room. I had hoped to spend a night of decadence in it before returning to the UK. Fat chance!
They say on the whole Dutch hotels are very basic. I'd give this a five star for being just that! BASIC
It wouldn't get a five star in the UK that's for sure...

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel De L'empereur? Share your experiences!