“Fine for a short night, but not for a pleasant weekend” 3 of 5 stars

Bastion Deluxe Hotel Apeldoorn/Het Loo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Loolaan 556, 7315 AG Apeldoorn, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Apeldoorn
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fine for a short night, but not for a pleasant weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I ended up here after a gathering in Apeldoorn and no public transport anymore to take me home. The hotel does not check in late at night, and the staff doesn't know anything (no clue how far they are from the train station, or at what time breakfast starts in the morning).

The last room available was a "suite" but that is just a large room. And it's cold, boy it's freezing! The heating does not help. The bed was fine though and in the morning checking out was fast and easy.

I would not recommend this hotel for a luxurious weekend and that's a pity because the area is one of the most beautiful of the country of Holland and the hotel is close to sights such as the Royal Palace and the National Park. Perhaps the management should get inspired again?

At 140 euro the room was not overly expensive. Oh, and by the way, this hotel is branded "Bastion" now, not Best Western anymore.

Room Tip: Don't book a suite if you expect an en-suite bedroom. Suites are just large single rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Apeldoorn/Het Loo, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at Hotel "Het Loo" twice when doing business in Apeldoorn and I am not likely to come back or recommend the place.
The location is one of the better compared to other hotels in the area. The property is near the palace and park but it is still easy to go to the city by bus. If you are driving, you can park your car for free.
The hotel building probably saw better days 30 years ago and could definitely use a lot of restauration work. The rooms reflect this impression, the furniture is worn and old fashioned - but not antique enough to have any flair. The windows are not well insulated, despite the heating being fully turned up it was still cold in my room.
There is a swimming pool and a small gym (1 treadmill, 1 bike, 1 indoor rower and 1 resistance machine) available - enough to get a bit of exercise in the morning or evening.
The room rates are not terribly expensive but you will find better quality for the same money elsewhere in Apeldoorn. The restaurant is nothing special, ok if you do not want to go out for dinner.
For reasons beyond my understanding the staff was unable to provide me with a correct invoice (needs to show company address for tax reasons) on check-out, although I had provided the details with the reservation and told them again when I arrived. That happened twice and I am not willing to go through any extra hassle because of a hotel chain's inefficient processes - thus they will not see me again.

Room Tip: I did not like any of the rooms I stayed in. One was bigger than the other, but decorated the same.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I booked a suite. Much to my surprise this is only a mega version of a standard room. There is no 'feeling home' in that suite due to the lack of decorations or furniture. You got the impression that you are in some home retreat for elder people. Yes, there is a piblic swimming pool and sauna and the breakfast is sober but fresh and good quality food. The staff does his best, but this Hotel needs to step into the reality of better quality Hotel. For the time being I'm affraid I could not recommend this Hotel dispite of the efforts of the staff.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Apeldoorn/Het Loo, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Bridlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

After a turbulent flight and a less than enthralling train journey I was ready for a good room with a good meal and that's exactly what I got.
The restaurant menu was good. The breakfast was adequate and I especially like the fact that a waitress was on hand to cook your eggs how you wanted when you wanted them.
It's location is fairly quiet and Apeldoorn has many trees so noise is absorbed by them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Apeldoorn/Het Loo, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Apeldoorn.

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel have swimming pool, little gym, restaurant and bus stop in front of the hotel (very convinence).
It's 10 minutes drive by taxi from Apeldoorn train station or you can use a bus for 2 euro.
Overall is a very convinience hotel for business / leisure.

Room Tip: Facing the street is a good option
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Apeldoorn/Het Loo, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel inn Apeldoorn.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed for one night, large room, comfortable bed, free wireless internet access, good brewakfast, helpful and friendly staff, great location. I would certainly use this hotel again - perhpas next time with my wife ratehr than on a solo work trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Deluxe Hotel Apeldoorn/Het Loo, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Apeldoorn.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good hotel in a nice location, handy and quiet. I stayed for several days and while I had a pleasant experience overall, I have to mention the patchy cleaning of the room (towels left in the bathtub, garbage bin not emptied) and the overly expensive basic breakfast. The restaurant in nice for a rainy day when you don't want to go out, but there are much better restaurants in Apeldoorn, 5 minutes drive or 15 minutes walk away. A big plus is the free wifi which I've found fast and reliable. I would definitely stay there again but without breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bastion Deluxe Hotel Apeldoorn/Het Loo? Share your experiences!