“Love the food and staff are very friendly and attends your needs very well.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mali Greenhouse Restaurant

Mali Greenhouse Restaurant
Meetinghouse Street | Unit 3 Dr Johnston House, Stranorlar, Ireland
074 913 0654
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Stranorlar
Cuisines: Thai
Ballybofey, Ireland
“Love the food and staff are very friendly and attends your needs very well.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

It's great for family dinner and special celebrations...love it and please do try it. We dine in to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday and we booked ahead with our orders and they give us great deals and suggestions of food which is brilliant. When we arrived,the table are set and our food was ready in a click. The place is very homely and warm. Feels like just your extension home, my kids are relax and enjoys the food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ballycastle, United Kingdom
“What a surprise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I were staying in Ballybofey and wanted to try somewhere other than our hotel to eat. We had been out driving earlier in the day and spotted this restaurant, stopped to look at their menu and decided we would give it a try in the evening. We arrived and were immediately welcomed warmly and shown to our table. We were given time to order our drinks and select our menu choices and we were stunned at the range of choices available. We were brought complimentary prawn crackers which are usually bland and tasteless but these were definitely moreish. I had ordered the house spring rolls and my wife potato skins and when they came they were both substantial and absolutely delicious. For our mains I had ordered chicken red curry and my wife had ordered chicken satay, All I will say is WOW!! We struggled to finish the meal and both of us agree that we have never tasted such beautiful and flavoursome food. We commented on this to our waitress who said she would pass our comments on to the chef. A few minutes later the chef came out to our table and personally thanked us. We could not rate this restaurant high enough for its quality, quantity and value for money. A real gem

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Donegal
“Sorry, nowhere near good enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Local restaurant, so we gave it a go.
We are the only people there, seated and ordered drinks, they arrive 20 mins later. Ordered food and it takes forever to arrive, food is OK but nothing special at all.
Desert menu is something we didn't even contemplate, firstly because the choice was so poor and secondly we were fed up at this stage with the terrible service.
Quite simply, not good enough. Won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newry, United Kingdom
“SURPRISED.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I popped in whilst on holiday. I had noticed the place one evening whilst out walking dog. I was greeted by a Thai lady,whom I found out was owners wife.
They were training a new Filipino waiter and as my ex wife is from Manila we had a bond immediately.
I was given a free drink,which i choose a Singha beer. The starter I choose was salt and chilli king prawn. It was massive for a starter and really tasty. Then I had a beef red curry. It was very authentic and delicious. Just spiced right for my palate.The beef was so tasty and tender and I could taste it above the sauce flavour.The portion size was normal.
I then was tempted to desert. I choose sherry trifle and custard. It was delicious,though not much sherry. The portion size was huge again.
I ordered coffee and cream. The Filipino waiter was a wee bit confused but I told him if there was cream for desert then there was cream for coffee.He was learning and this is a Filipino trait.
I could not fault the service or food. It cost me 25 sterling with a small bottle of wine. Very good value. They have specials mid week.
I was invited to stay on and eat or have a free drink,but I was stuffed. I am going to eat again there on my way home tonight.
Dont be afraid to go there and support local enterprise. Allow for small hic cups. No ones perfect.It really is excellent!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
dublin
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I visited the Mali Greenhouse last evening and it was excellent. The food was as good as I have got in a thai restaurant. I will be back.

• Visited June 2013