“Brilliant food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Brilliant food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten in the River Inn a number of times. I happily recommend to friends.

Every time I've been the food has been fantastic!
You wait for the food, but that is to be expected with freshly cooked food, if it appeared any earlier then you know that it's not fresh and corners have been cut!
Even when I've had a minor quibble about a dish it has either been rectified, or something else has been offered. You can tell that Jason(owner) and his kitchen team really care about the quality of food.
The River Inn is slightly more than average, but it is worth the extra couple of pounds.

One thing that I would like to bring up is the temperature in the restaurant. Everytime I go it is slightly too hot, and you can see the staff are feeling the heat! Maybe some aircon could be installed!
At busy times the service can be sluggish, but what do you expect, the staff are only human!

I will continue to visit the River Inn!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
Houston
“Real good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten in The River Inn a few times and have thoroughly enjoyed each visit. Food is excellent, relaxed atmosphere, attentive friendly service. The Briery bar upstairs is also worth a visit, cosy surrounds, friendly staff.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheshire
“Very good service and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Whilst discussing restaurants at work, a colleague recommended the River Inn to me as somewhere I should try. I was not disappointed.

The River Inn is a little out of the way in Crosslee, however, if you book a table there is a local collection service that can help with that.

I arrived at the restaurant and found the interior very modern but not stark, as some are. The seating was such that you weren't crowded. The waiting staff were good, but a little over the top. For example I was asked twice whether I was happy with the food provided. Eagerness is to be encouraged but in a controlled manner.

The food was good. I had fillet beef penne pasta, with a garlic and chilli sauce and baby spinach. Whilst very nice, it was also a little overpowering and lacked somewhat in subtlety. The starter, potato skins with garlic and barbecue dips was marred by the fact that the dips were not made on the premises. The skins themselves, however, were lovely and crunchy and thinly sliced.

Finally, for dessert, I had a chilled crema catalana. When I first saw it, I thought it was a brulee. However, once I began to eat it, it became clear that a comparison to a brulee was doing the crema a severe injustice. This was a beautiful dish that had the most wonderful flavour and texture and I recommend it to anyone visiting the establishment.

Overall, the visit to the River Inn was a pleasant experience. A few niggles perhaps, but nothing that cannot be improved with practice and application. I will definitely be eating there again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paisley
“Utterly amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me and my mum have lunch here quite regularly , the service is unreal and the food is to die for! Total 5 star! The carvery on a Sunday is also the best I have ever tasted. Definitely any family occasions birthdays etc would be here. Total perfection !!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridge of Weir, United Kingdom
“One of the best eating places in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Food quality, service all great and we have frequented The River Inn on many occasions. We, and many others in the are, have never been disappointed.

Visited May 2013