“Great Restaurant!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Bubikon, Switzerland
“Great Restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent a lovely evening with friends eating great food and enjoyed a very attentive and humorous service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Another Excellent Gourmet Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Last night I had the pleasure of having another excellent meal at Restaurant La Soupiere in the Schweizerhof Hotel. The Maitre d', Helmut (Helmi) Stadlober and his team pulled out all the stops to make my evening in Zurich wonderful.

I had not dined here since late October of last year. Helmi and his professional staff greeted me and treated me like an old friend. I enjoyed a delicious menu which Herr Stadlober recommended.

For starters came an amuse bouche of chilled cucumber and dill cream soup with salmon. The appetizer was gravlax with avocado and white asparagus salad. The next course was a warm cream of Baerlauch (wild garlic) soup with fresh morels and a poached quail’s egg. Because white asparagus is in season at the moment, I had to indulge myself. The main course was Wiener schnitzel with White Asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce. This was paired with an excellent Austrian Riesling. Finally for dessert there was a sinful chocolate truffle torte.

The service was outstanding and the food delicious. I am definitely looking forward to my next meal at Restaurant La Soupiere. Hopefully, I won’t have to wait another six months.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was excellent, as was service. English speaking staff made us feel at home. Desserts were really good.

Visited April 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“A very peasant dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had dinner with a friend and we both found everything excellent, quallity of food, service and ambiance. I have already planned a a lunch with my daughter in this very pleasant restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Class and service at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were at the hotel for only 1 night and had wanted to eat in the restaurant for dinner. It was unfortunately closed so they suggested their cafe gourmet and we were delightfully surprised. They set us up in a corner with all the service of their fine dining upstairs. My husband tried the duck and I had the veal tenderloin. Both tender and delicious. The service was impeccable and we were treated as if we were the only people they had in the cafe and yet I saw them quietly work that with everyone. I can only say - bravo - you made our one night in Zurich such a dining pleasure. We did have breakfast in the restaurant, La Soupiere, and we received the same excellent service. The restaurants in this hotel are very special indeed!