“A family favorite for over 10 years!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #158 of 1,405 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Malaysian, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Reservations
Zurich, Switzerland
“A family favorite for over 10 years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years and the quality of food is still great! We often go here once or twice a week to eat in or get takeaway. I am extremely picky about meat in stir fry and this is one of the few Asian places in Zurich where the meat cuts are never fatty or chewy. My husband loves spicy food and their Red Thai Curry is his favorite. The chicken Satay on skewers is my daughters favorite and I am partial to the Pad Thai Noodles. In the summer they make the most delicious Vietnamese Springrolls which are not fried and therefore a great tasting healthy option. I could just have them and nothing else for lunch or dinner. Sadly, these are a seasonal item. The staff is always friendly and helpful, Ryan the new head waiter is great! This place is always buzzing at lunch or dinner and has a great atmosphere with very reasonable prices!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TiffinsNagsui, Manager at Tiffins Asian Kitchen, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Marlena
Thank you so much for the very nice comment on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comment a lot and are very happy to have such loyal costumers.
Happy to see you soon again in Tiffins!

With warmest regards

Your Tiffins Team

Los Angeles, California
“Asian fusion in Seefeld”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Busy on Friday night, but we got seated promptly upon arrival at 7:30 pm. A little bar on the side for people to wait for the bench seating to open up.

I sampled some of my bf's Thali - Platte Poulet, which was Indian tandori chicken with rice, yogurt sauce, lentils, a crispy papadum, and a small cucumber salad. Very smoky with heavy spice taste.

My Gue Tew Nam Tok Nua dish (whatever that means) looked very much like Vietnamese pho. However, the meat slices were not raw, but a bit thicker and precooked. But the soup and rice noodles and meatballs and coriander had a similar taste, and the bowl of noodle soup was topped with a generous amount of fresh chilies, even though the dish was not meant to be spicy.

Dinner for 2 plus a Singha beer for him was CHF 58.50. Fine for a spontaneous dinner out, and the walls are painted in a cheery red color.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We visited Tiffins on a Wednesday night in summer. We were greeted quickly and in a friendly manner. Tiffins does not accept reservations. The outside tables were all taken so we were offered an inside table, or the option to wait for an outside table while we had a drink. We opted for the latter. There was a great atmosphere at the large, shared tables with everyone appearing friendly (quite exceptional in Zurich!). Our meals consisted of large and tasty portions, and we were very satisfied. The only slip in service was when my second glass of wine, ordered before the meals arrived, didn't arrive until 30 minutes later - well after we had finished. If it wasn't for this I would have given Tiffins a '5.'

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good food, quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Although you have to wait some time to get a table, once sitting, the service is good and fast and the food is really good. Decent price compared to other restaurants in Zurich...

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olching, Germany
“Tasty Thai kitchen with friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Here you get good food and a friendly service for your money. The menu offers a big selection of Thai and other Asian dishes. My friend and I shared the mixed appetizer followed by Pad Thai with tofu for me. I was very happy with my food and the portions are generous. The prices are absolutely reasonable for Zürich.

Visited July 2012