“My favourite restaurant in Zurich” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Accademia del Gusto

Accademia del Gusto
Rotwandstrasse 48, Zurich 8004, Switzerland (Langstrasse)
+41 44 241 6243
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #149 of 1,383 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Langstrasse
Lucerne, Switzerland
“My favourite restaurant in Zurich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This great restaurant is my favourite one in Zurich. Everything from the interior of the restaurant to the polite & efficient service is superior. The homemade pasta is just devine like all the other dishes. We had a beautiful and moderate priced bottle of Ripasso (they have a very large wineliste for every taste and budget). We recommend this Italian restaurant if you look for high quality food!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Italian excellence!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

At last a PROPER Italian restaurant ! (as opposed to Pasta and Pizza joints)
The food is of the highest standard, professionally prepared and beautifully presented.
We had a wonderful Minestrone soup and my wife had Piccata a la Marsala and I had Liver Venetian style both wonderful.
We would definitely go back as this restauarant is worth many visits!

Philadelphia
“Pleasant surroundings, excellent service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

A colleague and I were in Zurich on business, and we stopped in this restaurant for lunch simply becausing we were walking by, and it looked interesting. I had shrimp scampi, and it was really good. Service was excellent, and all of our dishes were excellent. Cost was fairly expensive, at about $90 per person for lunch, including tip. If I go to Zurich again, I would make an effort to go back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very good italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I went there for a special occasion and we were not dispointed. Table was well set and large enough, atmosphere and decor are nice. Service was faultness and the food was great. i will go back without ans doubt when back in Zurich

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent and simple Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I am always on the quest for good food in Zurich, and Academia del Gusto did not disappoint. When you walk in the first thing you notice is the charcoal grill...a sign of good things to come.

The service is excellent, as is expected of a restaurant with a pricey menu. We started with a Primitivo wine which was delicious. The waiter brought over an amuse bouche of celery sorbet and a tomato confit. The presentation was very nice and the flavors were spot on.

Our appetizers were the burrata with salad and a fish carpaccio. Both were very good. For mains we had the grilled sea bass and a truffle tortellini. No complaints on those. The fish was grilled on the charcoal and was crispy on the outside and very moist and tender on the inside. We had their house dessert, a type of profiterole cake which was very nice and some espresso...which also came with tiny cookies.

I will definitely come back here. This isn't a hoity toity on-the-edge restaurant...this is simple Italian food done right, for a high price, which in Zurich is expected. The service was great and the ambience was wonderful.

• Visited August 2011