“good location for my purpose” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kalandergasse 1, Zurich 8045, Switzerland   |
Ranked #34 of 126 Hotels in Zurich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“good location for my purpose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here while moving into the area. Convenient location next to a mall, (but not if you are in town on holiday to sight see necessarily.) I used the Asia Spa - excellent and would recommend. Had a strange experience in the hotel restaurant - about 3 or so people attempted to serve us, and it was very confusing as to who we should be expecting our service from. Room itself was a bit dark, but gave us plenty of space for our moving needs.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Newent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel for a one night business trip. Location is fine as right by the train station so a simple 4 minute ride into the centre.

Check-in and check-out were both fast and efficient.

Room was comfortable and spacious, albeit rather dark due to very small windows. Breakfast was pleasant but I’d say a little pricey. The bar was fine but the WIFI in the bar would not work and nobody was able to help resolve this.

The in-room internet access is free but uses a LAN cable. Although this is fine for my laptop, it isn’t at all helpful for my wireless devices. I could “see” WIFI but these networks needed a password which I didn’t know and was not given access to when I phoned for help.

All in all a positive experience, but they need to sort out the WIFI for rooms and in the bar.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel is not in the town center but it is surrounded by train and tram no 13 which can get you to Zurich HB (main train centre) and Parade Square within 20mins.

I like that the location has a shopping mall, mini food court next door which serves Indian, Japaneses and Asian food. It has a cinema in the next building which has a Pizza and Pasta shop.

We got a room on the 3rd floor which is of decent size and Four Point standard. It faces a river, with a flyover above it and a walking path along it. The room only has a shower room separate from the toilet with a sink outside the toilet.

I like the nice touch when we arrive, they put 2 packets of speckli cake instead of chocolate on each side of the bed, which look like little sponge cake. It was very tasty and fragrant. They also put a small bottle of nuts and apple.

The Gym and Spa is run by another company and guest have to pay CHF$25 for 2 hours use of the Gym facilities. The Asian Spa is highly popular and hard to get booking during the May Day holiday. Need to booked in Advance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The layout of the corner room (junior suite?) is somewhat awkward In that the long, narrow room is split in two by the admittedly large and attractive bathroom. The sleeping area was good, the seating area however not inviting.

The beds are indeed comfortable and for a Saturday night the area was fairly quiet, so from that point of view the hotel is to be recommended.

In contrast to other reviewers, I found the check-in staff peremptory and several attempts were needed to get a room key card which actually worked.

Be warned, a visit to the spa area will cost extra.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights and overall it was a positive stay, Check in was fast and responsive. The room is differant ! not quite the layout I was expecting but functional. Housekeeping was up to standard and there was a free bottle of water available which is always welcome. I think another reviewer has already mentioned that there is no bath (which I find quite odd) but I found the walk in shower to be quite good and refreshing.

Room 315 is facing the front of the hotel and tends to capture the noise from the tables set outside of the hotel/restaurant so if you want a quite nights sleep you need to ask for a room away from the front of the hotel.

One thing to note (and again a previous reviewer has also mentioned this) the bed was quite hard, now this was not a problem for me but for some it could be.

You can walk into the old town centre from the hotel in about 25-30 minute, the walk is along this street is not exacty inspiring but never the less not ugly either. Reception did say that the trolly bus (number 13 I think) would take me into the old town but I chose the walking option )))

There is a computer near the front desk from which you can print off a boarding pass from and generally surf the net however it is for general use.

The area outside of the hotel seemed quite good and as it is located next / in a shpping center is was quite busy after around 11 am on each day.

I will be back here in a couple of weeks time so hopefully I will have a similier sort of stay.

Room Tip: Room at the back to avoid the noise from the front front of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

It's not in the city centre, but the price is reasonable (for Zurich) and the truly outstanding service and attitude more than compensate for the location and lack of marble and wood. We probably would not have chosen the hotel ourselves, as it is a bit far from the city centre, 8-10 minutes by tram, but the hotel was booked for us by someone else, so we went there and never regretted. I would say they might have the best service of all four-star hotels I've ever been too. They are always smiling and willing to make you happy and to go an extra mile for that and to do different "small things" that make you happy.. I am usually rather critical about service but Four Points in Zurich were just perfect. Also the connected Asia Spa is very nice, but make sure you book in advance. Another gem was their casual restaurant, Rampe Sued, where a charming lady named Isabelle made my wife and me feel as if we were having lunch in a Michelin star restaurant. Well, it was not exactly haute cuisine, but the food was indeed really good and the service was immaculate. The only complaint I have is the fact that WiFi in our room was not strong enough for my two iPhones and an iPad, but that was not a problem for me since there was also a cable connection in the room and I had my own Airport Express to set up the WiFi. Also we could not find the second bathrobe in the room but I am sure it was somewhere there, and anyway, if we had asked for it, it would have been delivered in one or two minutes...

• Stayed March 2012
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Hotel is great. Staff very helpful. Rooms are large for Europe and hotel is in a great location.

Room Tip: rooms at the end of the corridor have a great view outside and a wall of windows
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sihlcity Zurich? Share your experiences!