“Bad Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jules Verne

Jules Verne
Uraniastrasse 9, Zurich 8001, Switzerland (Old Town)
043 / 888 66 66
Attraction Details
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

First, we had to spend some extra time to find how to go to the place. Apparantly, you have to walk through the whole restaurant downstairs to get to the elevator. There is only one super super slow elevator that goes up, prepare for about 30 min wait in the middle of the restaurant. The bar is nothing special, a tiny place. It was extremely humid and hot when we went there. The service was one of the worst I have ever expirienced, rude staff, unwelcoming and unfriendly. We had to go to a surprise b-day party afterwards that was only 5 min away from Jules Verne. Even though we planned ahead, we were late because of the elavator going down, it took us another 30 min to make it to outside. I have never imagined in my life that I will have to make an excuse that I am late because of an elavator. Please note, no stairs there. I will never waste another hour of my life to try to go 5 floors up and down and of course, let us not forget, this is still Zurich, not a rooftop in NYC, where elevators fly 80 floors up and down for seconds.

Visited February 2012

Orlando, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“great afternoon beer spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stopped here on the way to the Kuntshaus museum to have a beer and decided to stay for lunch. The view is gorgeous and the wait staff are wonderful. I found the prices to be fair considering the view and the location (downtown Zurich). My large beer was 7.50--not bad. The special was a croque monsieur with a glass of white wine for 19.50 ch--believe me--not bad considering the prices in Zurich. We absolutely enjoyed our time there. It was busy at lunch. We got the last available table. Not easy to find--you must walk through brasserie Lipp and find the elevator to take you up to Jules Verne. Enjoy!!

Visited January 2012
Edinburgh
4 attraction reviews
“One of my favourite bars in Zurich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I justs love this little bar. My husband first took me there over 5 years ago. It is very small but has fabulous views of the city, really nice atmosphere and great service. It feels like a hidden treasure (though clearly it is not as hidden as I would like it to be as it is often busy). Highly recommend though prepare to be disappointed if you are going at popular times as you might not find any space and definitely won't get a window seat. Entrance through upmarket LIPP brasserie but don't be put off by that or be shy - just head straight for the lift.

Visited August 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
18 attraction reviews
“Great little Wine Bar with amazing views of Zurich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

The views from this bar are amazing! You can enjoy a glass of many different kinds of wine while relaxing and enjoying the view of Zurich!! I would recommend a stop here during the day to enjoy a glass of wine and take the beautiful views of Zurich all in! The bar staff were great!!

Visited May 2011
Connecticut
328 attraction reviews
“Panaorama Bar with Great views of Zürich - Entrance is inside the Brasserie Lipp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We had dinner in the Brasserie Lipp Restaurant. As you walk into the restaurant, there is an elevator off to the right with the sign Jules Verne above it. As we were eating dinner, we saw plenty of people come in and head right to the elevator.

After dinner, we decided to check out what the elevator went up to. It turns out the the Jules Verne Panorama Bar. It is a full service bar with windows that look out over the rooftops of the the neighborhood around the bar.

A wonderful place to sit back and relax.