“Zurich Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Zurich
Limolib
“Zurich Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent one night. An excellent choice for a full service hotel in a good location within walking distance of many attractions and restaurants. The service was especially good. The concierge desk at this hotel was the best I have experienced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Limolib

Please let me say that I was delighted to receive your comments and I am very pleased to read that you experienced such professional assistance from our concierge. Rest assured that your positive comments will motivate them to continue to strive for excellent service.

We all hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Kind regards

Jacques Morand
Park Hyatt Zurich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I found the rooms tacky and very dated. The service at breakfast the minute it was noted I was diamond member entitled to complimentary breakfast dropped immediately from first trying to upsell breakfast options to trying to get me out as quickly as possible since the servers new they wouldn't be getting any money of me. The prices at the restaurant parkhus were exorbitant for very mediocre food. I would look at other options in Zurich - not worth the extra money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Lova B,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. Your feedback about our facilities and service is extremely important to us as it allows us to improve and monitor our performance.

As it seems that your stay did not result in your receiving the impeccable service we like to provide to our valued customers, please accept my sincere apologies. I am truly sorry to hear about your disappointment and you may rest assured that we have taken note of your report and that this will result in remedial action being taken.

Thank you very much once again for providing your valuable comments. I would be delighted to see you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any enquiries or questions.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

It is by far the best hotel in Zurich. I love this hotel and I never had a bad experience since it opened. every time I am in Zurich I stay in it. It is modern and the staff is very helpful and friendly. It has a great restaurant and the Bar is amazing!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Moaffaq E,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to and support of Park Hyatt Zurich by your continuing to stay with us. I greatly appreciate your completion of the hotel guest satisfaction questionnaire, and for giving me your honest opinions, useful information and time. Your comments greatly help the hotel measure its quality and service on a daily basis.

I am thrilled to receive your kind comments and I was pleased to read your very positive comments about our hotel, and especially about our ONYX Bar. Your feedback is well received and appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just came back from Zurich, spent a really good romantic 2 nights 3 day weekend at the Park Hyatt - The hotel staff was really welcoming and helpful with all our questions, many small attentions/gifts were offered to us during our stay which really made our experience that much better. The Onyx bar has excellent bar tenders that have such a professional instinct that they will feel and serve a drink that will totally give us the satisfaction you wanted, very high standard.
I am a Hyatt regular and I must say that there is a reason for that - of course the hotel is not cheap but if you're looking for comfort and quality then Hyatt is the place to be.

I will give it a 3.8 out of 5 this time - I have one negative comment to make regarding house keeping - we left around noon for most of the day and came back only around 5pm our room was still undone and the housekeeper tried to explain she had to go home and had no time left to make the room, she even asked if she could just give us a couple clean towels, i understand it was the TechnoParade in Zurich and people seemed all a little agitated but still -- in the end she agreed to make the clean the room and made everything perfect

Dear Borka Moscou,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I truly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share with me the experiences of your recent two-night-stay at Park Hyatt Zurich.

I am delighted that you especially enjoyed the ONYX Bar and it will give me pleasure to forward your comments to our professional bar-tenders. Comments such as yours are always inspiring and motivating.

With great attention, I have also read your feedback regarding the service of our housekeeping team. I am very sorry for any inconveniences you might have experienced and I want you to know that I will ensure that the colleagues responsible improve their service. Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention.

For your next stay I would like to recommend our Romance at the Park package. This includes daily breakfast, champagne and strawberries, rose petals, a flower bouquet and the advantage of late check-out until 2:00 pm.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My daughter and I traveled from her home in London to spend 3 nights in Zurich 2 weeks ago as a holiday surprise for me. A friend who lives there recommended the PH and we are thrilled he did. My daughter booked our room with Catharina Luetjens who was incredibly accomodating to all she asked for in our room. When we arrived Jelena greeted us and throughout our stay all at the front desk were helpful and friendly. Tobias took care of some special needs more than willingly. There was fresh fruit & candy each day in our room, the rooms themselves are completely soundproof and comfortable, the breakfast buffet is extensive and the iced fruit tea after a hot afternoon around the lake is wonderful! All in all it was the perfect choice for our trip and we will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear C R,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write such nice words about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit.

I was delighted to read your compliments and I am very gratified to learn that you experienced such professional and attentive service from Catharina, Jelena and Tobias. Please rest assured that I will communicate your kind remarks to them and I am sure your positive comments will encourage them to further improve their already first-class service.

Thank you once again for your kind words which are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I traveled to Zurich from Western Canada. My wife and I had originally booked at a competing 5star hotel which was our first choice, but upon noting the more favourable rate at the Park Hyatt, later changed our reservation and booked the Park Hyatt. When we arrived to check in to our two rooms (2 adults and 2 children), the reception informed us we would have to pay an additional 150SF due to the fact there were 2 people staying in each room. As it turns out, the hotel website is extremely misleading and unless you know to stipulate there are two guests staying in the room, it automatically presumes one and posts the rate according to one person (still a extremely high rate). The front desk further confirmed that my assistant had called and indicated there were four of us arriving, and yet the hotel never informed her of the higher rate. It was a tremendous disappointment and a very unfortunate way to start our vacation.

Room Tip: Be sure to double check your confirmation or you will likely be mislead as we feel we were!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joel D,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Hyatt Zurich together with your family and I appreciate your taking the time to write about your experiences of our hotel and services on TripAdvisor. Your comments greatly help the hotel to measure its quality and services and improve its daily work.

Please let me offer my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding which occurred while you were making the reservation at our hotel. Your disappointment is understandable and I am sorry to learn about the combination of circumstances which caused it. Nevertheless, I truly hope that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is our duty to provide you with an excellent stay and we would be delighted to welcome you back just as soon as your travels bring you and your family to Europe again.

Thank you again for sharing your detailed feedback on our TripAdvisor page. It is with constructive and valuable feedback such as yours that we, as a hotel and as a team, can learn and improve.

Kindest regards,

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at the PH Zurich 7/23/13-7/26/13. Service at the front desk was outstanding. We were greeted by name each time we walked by the front desk even two days later after check in! We had a King Suite, it was truly incredible. There was a coffee machine and an espresso machine in the room. The décor is amazing, no expenses were spared. As a Hyatt Diamond I have stayed at Hyatt's all over and this far and away the nicest property in the chain that I have been too.

Dominick and Martina at the front desk were extremely helpful, not only with the sights is Zurich but also at our next destination in Vienna! The adjectives I have used in this review have not done this property justice. If you are contemplating this hotel do it. Yes, it is expensive and may not be for everyone.

Dear Pmeiii,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review with us and with other travellers. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and to obtain their perspective of the hotel, and one of the best ways for us to learn more about our hotel is through the eyes of those who have visited us. Your support is greatly appreciated and we thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Zurich.

We are indeed very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The Nespresso coffee machines were installed in every guest room this year, and, therefore, we are glad to read that you liked this feature. Furthermore, we were very gratified to learn how much you appreciated the excellent service offered by Dominik and Martina and please rest assured that it will give us great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to them.

Comments such as yours truly inspire all of us here to work harder every day and to try to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the very near future.

Best regards,

Park Hyatt Zurich

Been to Park Hyatt Zurich? Share your experiences!