“Wonderful choice to stay in Zurich” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #10 of 123 hotels in Zurich
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful choice to stay in Zurich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My daughter and I traveled from her home in London to spend 3 nights in Zurich 2 weeks ago as a holiday surprise for me. A friend who lives there recommended the PH and we are thrilled he did. My daughter booked our room with Catharina Luetjens who was incredibly accomodating to all she asked for in our room. When we arrived Jelena greeted us and throughout our stay all at the front desk were helpful and friendly. Tobias took care of some special needs more than willingly. There was fresh fruit & candy each day in our room, the rooms themselves are completely soundproof and comfortable, the breakfast buffet is extensive and the iced fruit tea after a hot afternoon around the lake is wonderful! All in all it was the perfect choice for our trip and we will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear C R,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write such nice words about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit.

I was delighted to read your compliments and I am very gratified to learn that you experienced such professional and attentive service from Catharina, Jelena and Tobias. Please rest assured that I will communicate your kind remarks to them and I am sure your positive comments will encourage them to further improve their already first-class service.

Thank you once again for your kind words which are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

331 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I traveled to Zurich from Western Canada. My wife and I had originally booked at a competing 5star hotel which was our first choice, but upon noting the more favourable rate at the Park Hyatt, later changed our reservation and booked the Park Hyatt. When we arrived to check in to our two rooms (2 adults and 2 children), the reception informed us we would have to pay an additional 150SF due to the fact there were 2 people staying in each room. As it turns out, the hotel website is extremely misleading and unless you know to stipulate there are two guests staying in the room, it automatically presumes one and posts the rate according to one person (still a extremely high rate). The front desk further confirmed that my assistant had called and indicated there were four of us arriving, and yet the hotel never informed her of the higher rate. It was a tremendous disappointment and a very unfortunate way to start our vacation.

Room Tip: Be sure to double check your confirmation or you will likely be mislead as we feel we were!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joel D,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Hyatt Zurich together with your family and I appreciate your taking the time to write about your experiences of our hotel and services on TripAdvisor. Your comments greatly help the hotel to measure its quality and services and improve its daily work.

Please let me offer my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding which occurred while you were making the reservation at our hotel. Your disappointment is understandable and I am sorry to learn about the combination of circumstances which caused it. Nevertheless, I truly hope that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is our duty to provide you with an excellent stay and we would be delighted to welcome you back just as soon as your travels bring you and your family to Europe again.

Thank you again for sharing your detailed feedback on our TripAdvisor page. It is with constructive and valuable feedback such as yours that we, as a hotel and as a team, can learn and improve.

Kindest regards,

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at the PH Zurich 7/23/13-7/26/13. Service at the front desk was outstanding. We were greeted by name each time we walked by the front desk even two days later after check in! We had a King Suite, it was truly incredible. There was a coffee machine and an espresso machine in the room. The décor is amazing, no expenses were spared. As a Hyatt Diamond I have stayed at Hyatt's all over and this far and away the nicest property in the chain that I have been too.

Dominick and Martina at the front desk were extremely helpful, not only with the sights is Zurich but also at our next destination in Vienna! The adjectives I have used in this review have not done this property justice. If you are contemplating this hotel do it. Yes, it is expensive and may not be for everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pmeiii,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review with us and with other travellers. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and to obtain their perspective of the hotel, and one of the best ways for us to learn more about our hotel is through the eyes of those who have visited us. Your support is greatly appreciated and we thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Zurich.

We are indeed very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The Nespresso coffee machines were installed in every guest room this year, and, therefore, we are glad to read that you liked this feature. Furthermore, we were very gratified to learn how much you appreciated the excellent service offered by Dominik and Martina and please rest assured that it will give us great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to them.

Comments such as yours truly inspire all of us here to work harder every day and to try to exceed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the very near future.

Best regards,

Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel, in a central location near public transport, with great staff, & very nice spacious modern rooms. Their hotel bar has a non alcoholic mocktail menu which we liked as well. This is truly an expensive 5 star hotel with a hotel room you can actually enjoy & not worry about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mihir Meghani,

Your kind comments about your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich were well received and highly appreciated and we thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Zurich. It is always a pleasure to learn that a guest has had a memorable experience and kind words are also very rewarding for our team.

It will give me great pleasure to communicate these words about our helpful staff, especially our concierge, to our entire team. Reviews such as yours are very rewarding and help us further motivate our employees to continue providing outstanding service to every guest, every time.

We are also very pleased to read that you enjoyed the variety of non-alcoholic cocktails offered at ONYX Bar.

Once again, we thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Zurich.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Zurich for one night upon arriving very early on a Europe-bound flight from Australia. Despite it being my first time in Zurich and unaware of the geography, I found it very simple and easy to navigate myself from the central train station to the hotel and was pleased to find how central its location is - to the tramway, train station, lake, Aldstadt, Bahnofstrasse and more! This was a Hyatt Gold Passport rewards stay and quite a treat it was. Despite my early arrival, the hotel invited me to freshen up in the peaceful and serene surrounds of the Spa/Fitness Centre and to then indulge in an amazing breakfast at the newly-renovated Lobby Lounge whilst the room was being prepared. The breakfast service was exceptional and second to none; the waiter went out of his way to bring me multiple newspapers, juices AND cappuccinos and two different ordered dishes of eggs (florentine, the other poached). The buffet selection is limited but when combined with the a la carte menu from which you can order as part of the package, there is indeed a broad, rich and fresh selection of European and American breakfast foods. My room was very clean, spacious and had a great view. IT amenities were excellent - free WiFi internet, TV in the mirror in the bathroom on top of the wash basin (!!!), electronic lighting and also electronic external shade blinds. I also loved how the bath opened up to the rest of the room - great design. Spacious shower AND bath, marble complete. The Hyatt tones to perfection. Would love to come back, however the great expense of accommodation here will sadly preclude me from doing so in future. Luckily there are reward points!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear jt93 Traveller,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Park Hyatt Zurich with us and with other travellers and we appreciate your having taken the time to write such an extensive review. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for giving our hotel an excellent rating.

We are gratified to read that you had an enjoyable time after choosing Park Hyatt Zurich for your first stay in the city of Zurich. Also, we would like to thank you for informing other visitors about how convenient and how central the hotel is for many of the city’s attractions. As you mentioned, our Lobby Lounge was indeed renovated this spring and we thank you for your positive comments and are glad you liked its warm atmosphere. Furthermore, I thank you for your favourable comments about our spacious guest room and its many amenities.

After you had such a nice stay with us we are hoping to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for one night only with our 2 year old toddler, and it was absolutely perfect. They provided us with a little crib, changing pad, and a little bag of bath essentials for our little guy. The room was a good size, and the service was exceptional. The location is wonderful - close to the water, near the train station (about a 15/20 minute walk), and close to the chic Bahnhoffstrasse for shopping. We had a wonderful stay. The service was impeccable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Camilla B

I would like to thank you for your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich with your family and I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experiences of our hotel and services on TripAdvisor. Your comments greatly help the hotel to measure its quality and services on a day-to-day basis and are greatly appreciated.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the attentive service you experienced from our staff. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your positive remarks to the entire team and I am sure your praise will motivate them even further.

I am pleased to read that you appreciated the central location of Park Hyatt Zurich. Indeed, all the main attractions are within walking distance, such as beautiful Lake Zurich, Bahnhofstrasse and the old town.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich. Until then, we send our best regards to Los Angeles.

Your sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hotel. The rooms are stylish and chic. The staff are knowledgeable and professional. The location is unbeatable for access to the airport, the main train station, and Old Town. The spa and fitness areas are also nice and provide free water, towels, and fruit. Our room was sparking clean and offered us plenty of space as well as a pleasant sleep experience. Nothing about this hotel was out of place or caused any sort of discomfort. In fact, being able to return to this hotel after a long day in Zurich was a significant stress reliever due to the fact that we knew that we would be warmly greeted and offered the full comforts of this hotel. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kkw83

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. Your honest and detailed comments will surely be appreciated by other travellers. Your kind remarks regarding your recent stay are a very important channel with which we measure and look to improve our quality and service.

I am delighted to read that we met your guestroom expectations and thank you for describing the central location of Park Hyatt Zurich. Also, it is nice to read that you enjoyed the spa and fitness centre at Club Olympus and that you could relax perfectly after an eventful day. Your compliments are well received and please rest assured that I will forward them to the entire Park Hyatt Zurich team.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich again and that your next stay will be just as enjoyable as your last one. Until then, we remain at your disposal.

Park Hyatt Zurich

Been to Park Hyatt Zurich? Share your experiences!