“Exceded my last review!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #8 of 123 hotels in Zurich
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Exceded my last review!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I reviewed the restaurant in the Park Hyatt Hotel, Zurich, last year after a wonderful meal with my Sister & her Husband. To my delight they took myself & my husband back for another meal during our stay last week (Thursday 7th March).
I have to say the food, the service, the staff, the ambiance was once again fantastic! I didn't think they could better my experiance from my last visit but they did!!! Our waiter made a wine recommendation which was a fabulous bottle of red wine 10/10 for his knowledge of wine!
Last time I needed a cushion for my back as I sat on the double sofa seats they have at some tables & I'm only 5ft 2" & therfore a little short in the leg length! This time I sat in one of the chairs & mentioned about the cushion as I was seated.......minutes late a cushion appeared for me & placed in my chair for my back! Now that's what I call service!
Food was perfection, the staff are attentive & I just love this restaurant! All the cooking of the food is on view & looks amazing!
When I visit Zurich I have my accomadation provided by my Sister who just lives on the outskirts of the city. However I experianced her wedding reception at the Baur au Lac a few years ago just a short distance away from the Hyatt & always said if my sister wasn't local I would probably stay at the the Baur au Lac....however my experiance alone at this restaurant for a second time has made me think if the service is this good when having an evening meal then what would it be like to stay a night at the Hyatt Zurich?!
Again I will say "pricy" but again worth every single penny to you travellers out there that appreciated excellant food & excellent service. Roll on my next visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Celine C

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complement our restaurant "parkhuus" on TripAdvisor and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

Your comments regarding our ambiance, quality of dishes and service provided by our staff play an important role in helping us continually monitor and improve our daily business. I am delighted to read you appreciated and experienced attentive service and great recommendations by our waiters. Please rest assured that I will forward your kind words to our culinary and service teams at parkhuus Restaurant.

Our goal is to deliver this high quality of hospitality for every guest every time. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to parkhuus Restaurant in the near future and that your experience will be just as enjoyable as your last.

Kindest regards,

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed in the hotel only for one night by myself, didnt pay for the hotel but I know it was very expensive to stay here

Decent location a bit of a walk from the main areas but I didnt mind...

Room was real nice, no coffee/tea making facilities which is a bit pathetic for a 5 star hotel, but as I was a gold passport holder they delivered coffee in the morning for free which was real nice (and tasty)

Had a hand written letter from the Manager of the hotel welcoming me to the hotel, what a nice touch! Sounds sad but I have kept the postcard/letter...

Didnt use much of the facility as was out quite a bit but a real nice comfortable bed

Service was amazing from all the staff, real good customer service...

Couldnt afford to stay here, but if I had the money I really would.. and would recommend it too

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Husain K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your kind comments were very well received and I thank you for writing your review.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your entire stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and thank you for your kind remarks. Your comments regarding the coffee-making facilities have become a point of discussion in our hotel and we are most grateful to you for having taken the time to voice your opinion. It is only through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to monitor our services and make the necessary corrections.

In addition, I would like to thank you for complementing our staff. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind words to them.

I do hope that future travels will bring you back to Zurich and to our hotel. Please feel free to contact us any time if we can be of any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent two nights at the Park Hyatt in Zurich at the beginning of March, and enjoyed every moment.

The room was large, and very well designed with plenty of space, and excellent sound proofing. TV, radio, DVD were of a high quality, and the choice of channels was the widest I have seen in many years of travelling.

The bathroom was well appointed with a large bath, various shower options, and penty of towels.

Downstairs, the restaraunt (Parkhuus, reviewed separately) and Onyx bar were comfortable and relaxing despite being busy.

The spa and fitness room are well designed with up to date equipment.

All in all, an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Graham B67

Thank you for your kind review and for having chosen Park Hyatt Zurich for your stay. It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel the most and that our guestrooms and outlets met your expectations.

As you mention, the guestrooms are generously designed and we emphasise the high quality electronic equipment and a wide selection of TV channels. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the open bathroom and thank you for your informative comments, which I am sure, will also be of interest for other travellers.

Thank you again for your kind words and I am delighted that Park Hyatt Zurich and our level of service lived up to your expectations. We would all be very pleased to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed one night at the Park Hyatt in Zürich during an event in November. The say at the hotel was nothing but excellent. We were quite a large group that arrived the hotel, and all the staff handled the check-in and following us to our rooms in a very good and efficient way.
I stayed in a standard room, and the size and layout of the room was very good. The buffet breakfast in the morning was also excellent.
Overall I had an excellent say at the Park Hyatt in Zürich. I will without question say here next time I am in Zürich. Yes, the prices are high, but the service and the quality of the product you get is excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Haakonks,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Park Hyatt Zurich and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

It makes me proud to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I am delighted that you were satisfied with the service you received from our employees. Thank you particularly for the wonderful words regarding your guestroom. Comments such as yours are what make our jobs rewarding and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to our entire team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the guestroom and buffet breakfast at the Lobby Lounge, and would stay again with us. Thank you as well for recommending us to other travellers. For us this is the biggest compliment we could ask for.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich.

Park Hyatt Zürich
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tucked away in a quiet corner of the busy banking centre, the Zurich Park Hyatt is a welcome haven to the traveller seeking a piece of personal space in what is becoming a very crowded city.
The newly renovated atrium lounge and informal dining area is the perfect place to unwind and indulge in your favourite international snack or drink with an added touch of local flair. We had the smoked salmon sandwiches with capers and cream cheese.
The staff and service were wonderful, and both we and our dog were perfectly pampered. A little expensive, but well worth the extra francs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Anita T

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your experiences during your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. Your feedback with regard to our staff and service is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve in our daily work.

I was delighted to receive your compliments and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the convenient location, the dining areas and experienced at tentative service. I am glad to hear that your dog felt at ease too, which is one of the biggest compliments we could ask for.

Feedback such as yours is always well received. Thank you once again for your kind words and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich soon.

Jacques Morand
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Beautiful, well thought out rooms. Comfortable beds. Luxurious bathrooms. Great TV and stereo, work desk. Classy, first rate service throughout from the car jockey to bellman, fronnt desk, concierge. Uber-expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear thetraveldoc

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your kind comments on TripAdvisor were very well received and I thank you for writing your review.

I am pleased to read you that you enjoyed your entire stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and took advantage of the spacious guestrooms and experienced attentive service. It will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team. This is the ideal motivation for them to continue to strive for excellence in providing comfort and enjoyment for all our guests, which is our number one priority.

I do hope that future travels will bring you back to Zurich and to our hotel. Please feel free to contact us anytime if we can be of any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Because my company has a corporate relationship with Hyatt, I get to stay in Hyatt's around the world. The Park Hyatt Zurich is one of the best-in-class. Admittedly, I do not pay for the stays myself and I know the hotel is VERY VERY expensive. It enjoys a great location smack in the center of Zurich, has wonderful decor, very comfortable rooms, and a fitness center and spa with sauna and steam room. One of the few drawbacks, noted by many others, is the lack of a coffee maker in the room. This seems to be standard in the Euro Park Hyatts while each US Park Hyatt has a coffee maker in the room. It is most inconvenient in the AM - not to mention outrageously expensive - to have to go to the Lobby for a cup of coffee. But, great service by the staff and wonderful - though shockingly expensive - on-site dining.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Amlash,

Thank you very much for the time and effort involved in sharing your experience of your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. Your feedback regarding our staff and service is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our customer service.

I was delighted to receive such terrific feedback and am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your very positive comments regarding the convenient location of the hotel and its outlets. To read that you received great service by our staff is the biggest compliment we could ask for. Thank you very much!

Dear Amlash, please rest assured that I will convey your remarks to the entire team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future.

Park Hyatt Zurich

Been to Park Hyatt Zurich? Share your experiences!