“where's my coffee?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Zurich
Perth, Australia
“where's my coffee?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

the only thing that gets me about these places is they have no coffee making facilities in the room. is it hard to put a machine in a room. we pay enough not even a kettle COME ON. everything else is great especially the service

• Stayed December 2012
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear silvermasked,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Park Hyatt Zurich and for having taken the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor. Your comments are very important to us and play a significant role in helping us to achieve a higher standard of quality and customer service.

I was delighted to read that you generally enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding the coffee- making facilities has become a point of discussion in our hotel and we are most grateful tofor you for having taken the time to voice your opinion. It is through constructive criticism such as yours, that we are able to monitor our services and make the necessary corrections. I am pleased to inform you that in the near future, we will be upgrading the room features and coffee- making facilities will be placed in every guestroom.

Thank you for your trust and loyalty in Park Hyatt Zurich. I do hope that future travels will bring you back to Zurich and to our hotel. Please feel free to contact us any time for any assistance.

Park Hyatt Zurich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Everything from the location, decor, room, layout, staff, spa, and dining were all fantastic.
The staff at check in was extremely welcoming, efficient, and polished. The desk agent escorted us to our room and also assisted with information about Zurich and our location in proximity to areas of interest.
The room was a very nice size, the tv was Bang & Olufsen, and the bathroom was amazing.
The bathtub was large and you were able to open the sliding wood panels if you wanted to watch television while taking a bath.
The spa and health club were very clean and the service was relaxing.
The Parkhuus Restaurant was exceptional. The service was spot on and the food delicious.
The breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant every morning was fantastic. The servers and hostess were always on top of it. The quality and presentation of everything on buffet was such a delight.
This was my first visit to Switzerland and I fell in love with this fantastic country.

The Park Hyatt Zurich should be very proud of what they are doing. The pride in the work, extreme cleanliness and quality, and friendly hospitality all made for an unforgettable visit to an unforgettable country.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear In206,

Thank you very much for the time and effort involved in sharing your experience of your recent stay at Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. Your feedback regarding our staff and service is extremely important to us, and allows us to continually monitor and improve our customer service.

I was delighted to receive such terrific feedback and am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your very positive and detailed comments regarding our room facilities, which I am sure will also be an interesting read for future travellers. In addition, thank you for writing about the nice evening that you experienced at our Parkhuus restaurant and for complimenting our staff. Please rest assured that I will convey your remarks to the entire team.

All of the staff here at Park Hyatt Zurich will be very pleased to welcome you back in the near future. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed few times here but I wasn't in Zurich since 4 years ago.I remembered that last time I was impressed about how comfortable was the room at park Hyatt and I had the same impression after my last stay. Rooms are vey nice and cosy with all Bang & Oluffsen Tv, amazing sound but the most impressive thing is the hotel facility for conference area -very practical, beautiful and efficient design of this area. Breakfast is also nice but not so comfortable in the bar area. It would be better to be organised in the regular restaurant.

Room Tip: ask a room with Park view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Meda C,

Thank you very much for returning to Park Hyatt Zurich, as we were delighted to have you as our guest once again. I appreciate the time and effort that was required to write your review about your stay at our hotel and am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, including your time in the guest room.

Your feedback regarding the Lobby Lounge has become a point of discussion at Park Hyatt Zurich and we are most grateful for the time taken to voice your opinion. It is through constructive criticism, such as that which you have provided, that we are able to monitor our services and make the necessary improvements. I am therefore pleased to be able to share with you our plan to refurbish the Lobby Lounge in the near future — one of the many enhancements will be the provision of higher chairs for the improved comfort of our guests.

We will be delighted to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Zurich in the near future, so please do not hesitate to contact us at any time for assistance with prospective bookings.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Review of Park Hyatt Zurich
November 12, 2012

The newest addition to Zurich’s 5 Star Deluxe hotel scene, the Park Hyatt has many advantages over its competitors. Its stunning lobby is decorated in typical Park Hyatt contemporary style with dramatic art throughout. With only 142 rooms and 6 floors, this is truly a boutique hotel on a grand scale.

The reception area is separated from the lounge area by a small “forest” of bamboo trees, a nice to touch to create a feeling of openness, yet separating the lounge from the business of check-in/check-out.

The lounge serves as the breakfast room, as well as an all day and evening dining venue, The elegant lounge chairs and tables make dining here a very comfortable experience. It is one of the very few places in the city where food is served after 10:00 PM, so it is a hot spot for locals coming for late night dining and drinks. The breakfast buffet is a real delight, with a wide selection of delicious fresh pastries, yogurts, local cheese and meats, as well as cereals and nuts. Eggs and other hot items are also available.

The Onyx Bar is absolutely gorgeous. It is named for the aged onyx used on the bar top. Aged onyx loses it color, but has beautiful streaks of black throughout; it is lit up so that the bar glows. Famous for its wide variety of Vodkas, the Onyx Bar is the place to see and be seen. The outdoor terrace is very appealing, with beautiful chestnut wood tables.

The upscale parkhuus restaurant is wonderful. The menu features selections from all over the world- and uses the best and freshest ingredients. parkhuus also has a wonderful outdoor dining venue.

I especially loved the guest rooms, the largest rooms of all the city’s hotels. The lead in category is about 390 square feet. The lighting in the room is excellent, especially in the spacious bathroom. Each room has a vanity table with lighted magnifying mirror – great for applying makeup. Each room has a separate rain shower and deep soaking tub. There is plenty of storage space in the bathroom as well. Beds are very comfortable. One of the special features of the room is the 110 volt electrical outlet - no need to use an adapter. Each room category features the same amenities. The only difference is the size and layout of the rooms.

This is more of a business hotel, but its’ comforts make it a great place for leisure. While it is not in the center of Old Town, it is a very short 15 minute walk to that area and the lake. It is also very convenient to the trams (just a few minutes’ walk) which can quickly take you anywhere in the city. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and the concierge service was outstanding. I give it 5 Stars Plus!

Room Tip: All rooms have the same amenities. I saw several rooms on a site inspection. All are wonderful.. onl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Susan at CustomTravel

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review on TripAdvisor about Park Hyatt Zurich. Your comments are well received and your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us continuously monitor and improve our services. Thank you for staying with us and it was a pleasure having you as our guest.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced excellent service during your entire visit. Thank you also for your very detailed comments about our rooms and our outlets. We are very pleased that you enjoyed and took advantage of the facilities.

Your positive comments are very welcome and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team. This is the ideal motivation for them to continue to strive for excellence in providing comfort and enjoyment for all our guests, which is our number one priority.

It is your continued support and loyalty that makes us proud of the work we do and we look forward to warmly welcoming you to Park Hyatt Zurich again.

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I needed a place to stay overnight while transiting through Zurich headed from Paris to Milan via Chur and the Berinia Express. We arrived on a TGV at Brussels Central Station and I knew it was only a 20 minute walk or about a 5-10 minute tram ride. There are 3 Trams from the station that stop one block away and the tram is only 2-3 CHF a person. A taxi may cost 20CHF and watch out for them here in Zurich as the staff at the hotel said they charge 8-9chf right off the bat and then the meters move rather quickly. The walk was all down hill so not bad but have a map or GPS on your phone.

This was our second stop at Hyatts on an European trip and this location didn't disappoint. Its only a block or two to the lake. Its in the business district but a few bars and restaurants right out side and on premises and a few block walk to the main shopping area also old town is just a few more block away.

The checking process was seamless with them having the room ready, the front desk took us up to the room and showed us around. The room had a mini bar, tv with tons of channels in every language and a really niche rain shower. The bed was very comfy. We had an early train in the morning but we quickly had the breakfast down stairs and the staff was very attentive and the buffet was well set up with everything imaginable, tons of fresh bake goods.

Once again I was on a free night stay from the Chase Hyatt card and probably would not spend the nightly rate normally but everything is done to a T and this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Darrell R

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Park Hyatt Zurich and it was a pleasure having you as a guest. Your comments on TripAdvisor are very important to us and I believe other travellers will also enjoy reading your extensive review. I thank you for taking time to write these kind words about our hotel.

I am delighted and happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our property. In particular, thank you very much for complimenting so many points such as the guest room, location and staff. Please rest assured that I will share your kind words with the entire team. In addition, your expressive photos are a pleasure to view.

I hope you had an enjoyable trip to Milan on the Bernina Express and enjoyed a nice view at the Swiss Alps. We would be delighted to welcome you back at Park Hyatt Zurich in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is excellent in every way. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Any request is cheerfully dealt with. Whether it was business services, scanning and printing documents to household services like bringing a selection of fruit teas and kettle to boil water with, everything was done cheerfully and speedily. The suite we stayed in was large, tastefully furnished with a host of sockets. A charger for my phone, which I forgot, was produced almost before I put the phone down to reception. The electric window shades made sitting in the lounge area a pleasure despite the late afternoon sun. The location is also superb; in the center and close to the lake but in a very quiet street. The hotel is expensive but you certainly get what you pay for. The 24 hour service is for real not just a motif with one lone staffer on duty.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PH_Zurich, General Manager at Park Hyatt Zurich, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Yankel Shmiel

Thank you for your stay at Park Hyatt Zurich and we appreciate your taking the time to write about your stay on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to continuously monitor and improve our services.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your entire stay at Park Hyatt Zurich. In particular, thank you for your very positive words regarding the guest room and the helpful staff. Please rest assured that I will communicate your kind comments to the entire team. Your comments are very motivating.

We thank you for your trust and loyalty in Park Hyatt Zurich and we hope to welcome you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally with any further questions or information.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Maybe this is Part of Zürich, but if you do not have corporate account with Hyatt, then this hotel is in terms of price and what you get in no relationship one to the other. The rooms are contemporary and nice with good bed, however should you like fresh air like me then this hotel allows a little air slit to be opened, but no windows to be opened. Furthermore, the continental breakfast is very sparing... You have to ask for everything, I am orientated towards efficiency and therefore prefer a buffet, where I can grab my breakfast and then be on my way. At the Hyatt you wait until finally one of the very comfortable waiters has time for you.

Let me put it like this, I liked it, but think this will have been a one off experience not to be repeated.

Room Tip: Take room that is not facing Stocker Street since it can be noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Afvf123

Greetings from Park Hyatt Zurich and thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about Park Hyatt Zurich on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and your kind comments regarding your recent stay are very important to us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we were not able to completely meet your expectation and you did not feel you received value for the money. Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay, starting from your arrival at the hotel until departure. Through honest opinions like yours regarding the breakfast buffet, we are able to monitor our service and make the necessary corrections. Please rest assured that we take your comments seriously and it will be discussed with the department head.

I do hope that future travels will bring you back to Zurich and to our hotel. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any further assistance.

Park Hyatt Zurich

Been to Park Hyatt Zurich? Share your experiences!