“Racial discrimination” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #773 of 1,375 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Swiss
“Racial discrimination”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

All colored people be aware if you are going this restaurant located in Zurich airport.
The staff will be very helpful and delighted to serve you only if you are a not colored person.
I had a very terrible experience of dinning with my wife there in this restaurant before boarding.

There service I have received in there:
1) The staff didnt prepare the table for us. Yes, we have a knife and a fork but no table paper or towel like every other guests when sitting in;
2) The very staff, probably the one responsible for our table, didnt talk or communicate in any effort with us. When she came to us, her head was checking around other tables and pretended to look at other stuffs. She was even Turned her head away and was talking to other guest when check our bill.
3) I know I m not a German speaking person, but so did many other guests there as well at the very same time. I cant understand while their staff can speaking nothing with us but everyone around. I felt that weird atmosphere once sitting down and was tried to be nice for that but what I have got in return was that head turning away service and zero communication. Well I guess people do expect that when you go to a restaurant, it's the restaurant staff to cheer you but not in the opposite way.

At last, I would like to emphasize that it's not the people in Swiss doing this But the a few in this <<Chalet Suisse>>. I have spent a half month there recently and All people I have met in Swiss are all Nice, Helpful and Friendly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Parma, Italy
“Very nice restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was spending few hours at the Zurich airport and I decided to enjoy at the restasurant "Swiss Chalet", it was a very nice experience, I was ordering a Cotoletta alla milanese" along with a good beer and a very nice coffe! Service is excellent! I suggest to everybody to go and try this restaurant!

• Visited June 2013