“A delightful walk in Zürich” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Free Walk Zurich

Free Walk Zurich
Paradeplatz, Zurich | Paradeplatz 6, Zurich (in front of UBS), Zurich 8001, Switzerland
+41 77 405 89 66
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 66 Activities in Zurich
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Zurich, Switzerland's little big multicultural city. Discover how a small city founded during the Roman times became today's discreet financial empire. Learn about its religious heritage, its episodes of turmoil and about the challenges and major changes Zurich is facing today.
Zurich, Switzerland
“A delightful walk in Zürich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Even if I already knew Zürich, this tour was a fascinating experience. Taking a relaxed walk through the city centre, the guide - Julien - made me discover aspects of the city that I had never noticed before. The tour also includes historical information which is presented in such funny way that it never becomes boring.
I have also been to the Zürich West Tour, with Patric as a guide, and it was a great experience as well.
Don´t miss it!

• Turkish first
4 attraction reviews
“Decent option!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you are looking for cheap options of tourism, this is the one for you.
This tour gives you a decent enough insight into the city's history and cultural ethnicity.

The tour is a walking tour of about 1.5 hrs working on a tip basis(generally about 5 euros). The tour start timings are 11am and 1pm(atleast, there might be more timings) .The meeting spot is in front of UBS close to the Paradeplatz Tram station. It's a shame that none of the hotel reception know about this tour, not even the ones in Paradeplatz.

Cork, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“A great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had Maria as a tour guide and she was wonderful. She made it such an interesting tour and I felt I learned so much in a short space of time! It felt like she had real 'insider info' and not just the stuff you read in the tourism brochures. I would highly recommend this tour!

Tel Aviv, Israel
6 attraction reviews
“Informative and interesting walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We took this tour with the guide Maria, that met us near UBS bank entrance as planned.
Maria is very clear with fine English and great crowd-control skills :) We were quite a few, and she easily succeeded to guide us all in Zurich streets.

The tours itself was very informative and contained all the main historical spots the Zurich has. Highly recommended!

Sydney, Australia
“Zurich's secrets unveiled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I travelled with my wife to Switzerland and we decided at short notice to take up the free walking tour of Zurich. The guide, Maria, obviously loves this city which is evident as she reveals little secrets not found in any mass market publications. She is multilingual so don't be scared in joining the tour. I especially liked the explanation for the grotesques near the cathedral (the latter having its own artistic holy grail!).

As we only had Maria as our guide, I can't comment on the quality of others. However if they are of Maria's calibre I can't recommend this tour highly enough. It's a great efficient little city and an amazing gateway to Mt Titless, Lake Constance, and of course, the Bavarian castles.

Visited June 2014