“A PERFECT START TO OUR HONEYMOON.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 126 Hotels in Zurich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“A PERFECT START TO OUR HONEYMOON.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My Wife and I were on our way to Asia for our month of honeymooning, and from Dublin, our gateway was Zurich. Swissotel is really conveniently located next to the bahnhof, which is in turn, conveniently near the airport. The magnitude of the hospitality we received was refreshing and uplifting on our first day. Without us knowing they upgraded us to a bigger suite, and were helpful in every question we had. The room had a modern swagger to its layout, and the view was pleasant. There is even a tram right outside the hotel that goes straight down to the lake zurich, and thats where were we relaxed and took in breathe-taking summer scenic lake views and the fireworks of national day. The beds are real comfortable, and they even have a pillow menu, and this was for me a great advantage to rest, because I don't sleep on long flights abroad. Morning Breakfast was what topped up our 1 day & night stay here. Fresh Swiss Milk and a buffet of everything that warms my morning spirit was being cooked and prepared, and my wife and I were recharged for our long flight to Asia.

Thank you Swissotel for the perfect starter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

After reading several reviews, we felt this was the best location for our last night in Switzerland before traveling back to the US - especially given the expensive hotel rates in Zurich. It was just steps away from the Oerlikon train station and only one stop from the airport. We were able to quickly get to the old town of Zurich within a couple of train stops.

The staff at check-in were extremely professional and our rooms were upgraded (stayed 9/14/12). The rooms were small, but very clean and had everything we needed. However, the bathroom was strange with just a glass enclosure. It was fine for us because we had separate rooms. There was a complimentary pillow menu with all sorts of wonderful pillows to request. I highly recommend it.

As much as I would love to give the hotel 5 stars, I cannot. My room was the hottest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The "air conditioning" was running, but not sure what the issue was. I called the front desk and they sent someone up with two small fans. Throughout the night, the fans churned the warm air. I was grateful to leave early the next morning. Had I stayed more than one night, I would have definitely changed rooms. My friend's room was not much cooler.

At check-out, juice and croissants were available - a very nice touch since it was so early in the morning.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ridgefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

If check-in sets the tone, this hotel is outstanding. I can't recall a more friendly staff.

While the hotel is 20 minutes out of downtown by the trolley and 10 minutes by train, it did not make a difference to us. Nice, clean, quiet room which is all we wanted.

The only caveat is morning rush hour in the elevator. Apparently many quests were checking out at the same time or off on a tour bus at about 8:30 am which caused a very long delay for the elevator to reach the 17th floor. One party decided to go up to go down after waiting so long.

The grocery store a block away pulls out warm croissants in the morning which the locals line up for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Swissotel_Zurich, General Manager at Swissotel Zurich, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your great feedback.
You seemed to be satisfied with your stay and the offered amenities and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Sunny greetings to Conneticut,
Torsten
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a good standard hotel approx 6 mins by train from the centre of Zurich. The check in was easy, the hotel staff very helpful and the rooms were good with comfortable bed, nice en-suite and mini-bar, tv, safe, coffee-maker etc. Great views from the hotel and quite easy to find. We arrived by train into Zurich central and it was easy to find the hotel by getting the train to Oerlikon with very frequent trains. The hotel is then right opposite the station. Would consider staying there again if we return to Zurich.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel is really easy to reach - the Oerlikon train station is right next to it, and that is 3 minutes from the airport. The reception was great, smooth and fast. I had to swipe my room card to get the elevator to recognize that I wanted the 23rd floor, which was actually quite a nice security feature. My room was adequate, but what set it apart was the bed and pillows - quite the most comfortable I have had in a long time. The bathroom was a little on the small side, but well equipped although the shower door tended to make for an awkward entrance/exit. A minor irritation was a non-working ventilation fan, which I reported but was not fixed before I left. Breakfast was really good, with a wide range of foods to suit most tastes. Overall, I felt my stay was not the best value for money I could have found, and a real irritation was having to pay a lot for a little wifi internet - it was far cheaper to go to the nearby Starbucks and browse for free with a decent coffee than spend another cent on the hotel's offering. In this day and age, charging 10 Euros an hour for connectivity is positively anti-business-travel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
wigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

nice room, clean and well furnished. the hotel has an excellent restaurant (very good food, not that pricey for the quantity you get either- service excellent too) , and the bar is nice.

this is a business hotel but with character and panache.

the staff are very helpful

the location is 7 mins away from centre by train , that is the only drawback. the hotel is surrounded by a few bars and eateries eg starbucks etc

the indoor pool on top floor has superb panaromic views!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

After my flight was canceled with the not so wonderful Swiss Air, I was put up in this hotel along with the other 150+ passengers on my Sao Paulo flight. I was one of the last to check in, and despite the many unfriendly passengers who checked in before me, the staff was wonderful, polite and friendly.

As for the food they put on buffet for us... most of it was fried and the vegetable selection was either WAY over steamed veggies or lettuce. At midnight, I tend not to gravitate to heavy fried foods- that is the reason I did not give an excellent rating. I was unable to get the boxed breakfast, so I can't rate the boxed breakfast.

Another pain was the internet. I was never able to connect to the internet, even when I tried to pay for the service.

I wish I could have enjoyed this hotel under better circumstances- the amenities looked great- perhaps in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Swissotel Zurich? Share your experiences!